Jets training camp will be at my school | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets training camp will be at my school

Feely, Culpepper were trades....Yatil Green was actually decent until he blew the knee....Beck and JJ Johnson were 2nd rounders, Johnson was back in 99. If we're gonna discuss 2nd rd busts from way back when how about Jon Mcgraw in 02, Sione Pouha in 05 and Clemmens in 06.

I really hate the yankees comparison....maybe the yanks before steinbrener. But the recent yanks remind me of the skins and Jets....dump a ton of money into free agents who get you nowhere. I cant really think of a baseball team the phins remind me of....a team that has constant turnover in the FO and can't draft worth a damn.

We had ONE year where we went crazy in FA. A skins comparison isn't fair.

The Yankees are the greatest franchise in the history of sports, dolphin fans act like they are the Yankees of football.

Feely, Culpepper were trades....Yatil Green was actually decent until he blew the knee....Beck and JJ Johnson were 2nd rounders, Johnson was back in 99. If we're gonna discuss 2nd rd busts from way back when how about Jon Mcgraw in 02, Sione Pouha in 05 and Clemmens in 06.

When was Yatil Green decent? in college? in the NFL he played 8 games and had 18 recs and zero TDs.

It doesn't matter where these guys were picked. Beck was the next great QB accoridng to dolphin fans...until you drafted the next next best thing in Chad Henne:lol2: JJ Johnson was your 1st pick in 1999, Avery your 1st pick in '98, Green 1st pick in '97. Your drafts have not been as good as ours which is one of the reasons you haven't been as good as us.

We are the winningest franchise since the merger...might now have resulted in Superbowls, but it's better than being rather consistent bottom feeders.

Clemens hasn't had a chance to play yet, Pouha is a valuable backup and was a 3rd rd pick, McGraw was good when he was healthy. Keep trying.

I have to agree with the drafting thing, no argument there. But one thing that did suprise me while I was doing some research...look at the Pats drafts lately...especially the last 3 yrs....if they dont come up big this year I think they'll be in trouble real soon.

We are the winningest franchise since the merger...might now have resulted in Superbowls, but it's better than being rather consistent bottom feeders.

Reg season win % which is meaningless. You are 15th in SB win % and you are tied for 9th(w/ 2 other teams) in SB wins.

You have been consistent bottom feeders this decade. You missed the postseason 6 straight years this decade.

I have to agree with the drafting thing, no argument there. But one thing that did suprise me while I was doing some research...look at the Pats drafts lately...especially the last 3 yrs....if they dont come up big this year I think they'll be in trouble real soon.

NE has this reputation of a great drafting team but they clearly have struggled in recent years which is good for the rest of our division.

Struggled is putting it mildly....i think it would explain ther more recent upswing in FA.

Look at your drafts vs. our drafts over the last 15 years or so. You'll see alot more dolphin busts than Jet busts.

Both teams have had different GMs and Front Office organizations over the 15 years too. Is this really a topic of debate? The guys who drafted Joe Blow for the Phins in 1994 has what exactly to do with the FO of today?

Back
Top Bottom