Jets vs Dolphins: Final Score? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets vs Dolphins: Final Score?

Depends on whether Revis is playing, imo. The line should be roughly even (with the Jets perhaps getting a slight advantage), but Revis is a seven point swing in either direction. He's the key to the Jets defense and they're utterly lost without him.

I think he'll play so I'm giving the Jets the advantage in this one. The tackling of the Jets defense will be the key, imo. With Revis in the game they'll be selling out at the line of scrimmage. The Dolphins could have two 60 yard touchdowns and that be their only scoring outside of easy stuff off of turnovers.

The Dolphins defense matches up well with the Jets offense, though. They won't be able to establish the run and Sanchez is still Sanchez, meaning down there with Jake Locker as the most inaccurate QBs in football. As someone said, should be a low scoring game all around.

Last edited by a moderator:
21-10 Jets

I'm expecting Rex's defense to make it a long day for Tannehill on offense. They should stack the box and make Tannenhill beat them down the field. If he can i'll give credit to where credit is due. But at this point in time I feel the Jets are simply the better team and am expecting them to play like it.

Miami 45
Jets 3

Man I gotta lay off the bottle. A Jets fan predicting a spread like that is beyond the limits of my comprehension! A double take doesn't work either. :confused:

Let's keep this in perspective. We only beat Oakland, people. That doesn't make us playoff bound. This game will be tough. I'm going with a low scoring loss.

Let's keep this in perspective. We only beat Oakland, people. That doesn't make us playoff bound. This game will be tough. I'm going with a low scoring loss.

I'm not sure anyone's arguing that we're a playoff team around here. :ponder:

Oh and sure it was "just Oakland" but even then, pretty much every "expert" in the media was picking Oakland to win this game. I'm sure if someone DID pick us to win, they didn't see us dropping 35 on them!

You're right about the Jets game being tougher. I said in another thread this has the makings of a physical, grind it out, defensive battle. Points could be at a premium here. One big mistake on offense could end up costing that team the game. I just hope our defense is ready to rattle Sanchez some. We're going to need every break we can get. That being said, I still have us narrowly winning this game something like 20 to 17.

Well I was wrong about this past week. I expected both running games would be ineffective and Palmer would make a few more plays then our rookie QB and the Raiders would win a close one. I did not expect Reggie Bush to go bannanas but I did expect us to shutdown McFadden. I don't believe the Jets will be able to run on us conventionally, I don't think many teams can, but admit I'm a little worried about the W-cat. If we are stuffing their run and Sanchez is struggling I think we can expect to see it a little more than they have been using it.

Defensively if they stack the box to stop Bush and take Bess and Hartline away with some combination of Revis on one and double the other we will have a tough time moving the ball. I agree, should be close low scoring game but watch the status of Richard Marshall and Sean Smith. Marshall left the last game with a back injury and Omar said today Smith was playing hurt. If our top CB's are Nolan Carroll. Jimmy Wilson and I don't even know (RJ STANFORD?) things get easier for Sanchez. I'm gonna go homer and take us 16-14.

Playoffs? Nah. Heck I just want to finish with a winning season - one game above .500 and I will be doing cart wheels and back flips: for 2012 that is.

My feet are planted on the ground so any talk about playoffs, from where I stand, is big time whishful thinking.

Now for 2013 and beyond, divisional championships, conference championships, and, dare I say, Super Bowl CHAMPIONSHIPS (plural!), will, must, be the talk. We will turn the corner soon; becoming a premiere team in the league during those years and turning this forum into a chaotic fun house.

I know we will be Talk'n Superbowl, like our lame fight song states, later on. Now? Nah.

Back
Top Bottom