Jimmy Johnson on F/A | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Johnson on F/A

So I will say there are a lot of fair criticisms about Grier, but the fact that we are facing these decisions is a sign that he has drafted relatively well as of late.
Actually is the opposite. Because he normally sucks at drafting we needed to trade or/and pay big money to our best players. Ramsey, Armstead, Williams, Hill and Chubb. And because we are paying them top money instead of having a top 5 player at a rookie contract, then we don’t have money to retain the very few successful draft picks like Wilkins and VanGinkel cause honestly Jackson and Hunt are NOT very good players. You need to look at Ravens, Niners, Rams, Chiefs, Lions and Packers to see what a top manager can do with draft picks. Grier is on the bottom 10 of the league.

Weak argument. When teams clean house they usually hire a GM first. The GM is supposed to have a vision of how they want to build the team. And he hires his coaching staff accordingly. Your giving Grier the excuse he uses when it comes time for evaluation of his job. It's bull crap. At the end of the day, he is responsible for building a winning roster. If he isn't doing that, he needs to be let go. Let him be a yes man for another team. He should've hired a coach with some ****ing experience. Since he's been GM, we haven't had one HC with HC experience... not a coincidence we aren't winning ****
So, look at the flucking record. We are winning. Compare it to 5 years ago No Forrest just trees for you...

Last edited by a moderator:
His last 1st round picks were Phillips and Waddle. Not bad at all
Neither of them has been solid enough to be considered a top 5 player at his position. Hill has been way better than Waddle and Chubb more available than Phillips.

Neither of them has been solid enough to be considered a top 5 player at his position. Hill has been way better than Waddle and Chubb more available than Phillips.

And we traded away 1st round picks for them so all in all we have done well with our trades and our picks i guess :shrug:

Guys do not make this personal

Make your point without name-calling or it will be edited or deleted

Yeah he made a trade which gave up a draft pick. This is factored into the equation.
You're right that using a draft pick in a trade is similar to using that pick in the draft; you still end up with a player. However, money is the issue. A player picked in the draft is on a rookie contract, while a Free Agent is getting big bucks right away. Free Agency should be used to fill a hole here and there while you build from the draft, but Grier isn't good enough to do that... especially when it comes to the o-line!

Weak argument. When teams clean house they usually hire a GM first. The GM is supposed to have a vision of how they want to build the team. And he hires his coaching staff accordingly. Your giving Grier the excuse he uses when it comes time for evaluation of his job. It's bull crap. At the end of the day, he is responsible for building a winning roster. If he isn't doing that, he needs to be let go. Let him be a yes man for another team. He should've hired a coach with some ****ing experience. Since he's been GM, we haven't had one HC with HC experience... not a coincidence we aren't winning ****

So Ross had no say?
I'm not defending Grier, only pointing out he, by himself, drafts or signs no one

Got to find a way. The window is open.
For what? Jumping out of? Window shut at end of the Tennessee game when we all knew exactly what was coming. We will regress in 2024 and only if they make a lot of right moves will the window maybe peek open in 2025.

You're right that using a draft pick in a trade is similar to using that pick in the draft; you still end up with a player. However, money is the issue. A player picked in the draft is on a rookie contract, while a Free Agent is getting big bucks right away. Free Agency should be used to fill a hole here and there while you build from the draft, but Grier isn't good enough to do that... especially when it comes to the o-line!
So Jackson and Hunt don't count? Eich was a miss, it happens.

Those players were drafted 4-5 years ago.

As of late, being the past two years, there is Achane and no one else who has made much of a positive impact.
And who do you think was the GM the last 4 to 5 years

Obviously, this all stems from improper team nutrition....or is it the legacy of Flores....or the ghost of Nick Saban, or the WFL that took Czonka away,,,, or that damned Indian burial ground!

Brother eMCee85, Ross actually doesn't get involved nearly as much as some other owners, and his checkbook is always open.
I know he doesn't interfere relative to say, Jerry Jones and the Raiders owner. But he does his fair share of stupid stuff. Some of which causes us draft picks and others that cause coaches to not want to come here because he goes looking while his coaches are still enployed. Do I need to go down the rest of list for you?

Also, sorry bro but I will clown this dude about his features as long as he keeps doing stupid stuff to my damn organization that keeps us from winning. Good Lord is it to much to ask to put a freaking winning product on the field? In order to do that you have to clean house properly ya old fart. There, was that insult less obtuse for ya?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom