Jimmy Johnson on F/A | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Johnson on F/A

I know he doesn't interfere relative to say, Jerry Jones and the Raiders owner. But he does his fair share of stupid stuff. Some of which causes us draft picks and others that cause coaches to not want to come here because he goes looking while his coaches are still enployed. Do I need to go down the rest of list for you?

Also, sorry bro but I will clown this dude about his features as long as he keeps doing stupid stuff to my damn organization that keeps us from winning. Good Lord is it to much to ask to put a freaking winning product on the field? In order to do that you have to clean house properly ya old fart. There, was that insult less obtuse for ya?!!
The 2 stupid things he's done are: Courting Harbaugh behind Coach Sporanos back and chasing Brady. All owners do these type of things, but he was clumsy and got caught. But he also is a far better owner than many in the league. In my view Ross is a solid B+ grade owner.

As for the insults, may I ask your age? Or, if you are going to toss insults about physical attributes at least post a photo of yourself so we can see the perfection of the source. :)

For what? Jumping out of? Window shut at end of the Tennessee game when we all knew exactly what was coming. We will regress in 2024 and only if they make a lot of right moves will the window maybe peek open in 2025.
I don't think that's true. I do think it will be a challenging offseason, though. Have to make good decisions in free agency and the draft.

It's like saying I am trading my cake for pie but the pie doesn't count in the desert selection. Doesn't work that way.

2020 I am not even going into this draft since half the current team is starting because of it (7 current players)
2021 he went Waddle, Phillips, Holland + three other current players
2022 is where Hill comes into play and Chubb (Ez-E and Goode are solid backups, Tindall looks like a wiff).
2023 Cam Smith and Achane (Smith is by far not a bust at this point, dude has played one season and Achane looks the part. Higgins was drafted as a WR/TE they rarely contribute in year 1).

:shrug:
In 2020 the team needed offensive talent. We had the ability to draft Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins or Jonathan Taylor AND still draft Austin Jackson in the 1st. Instead we took a developmental CB who was a 2nd-3rd round guy on most boards (and was a straight bust).

In 2021 we traded down to 12 in a great move. We gave up a ton to move back to 6. We could have had Jamar Chase at 3 or Micah Parsons or DeVonta Smith at 12.

These 2 drafts set us up to need to trade for Hill and Chubb. They also set us up to need to sign Armstead. That is a ton of draft capital and money spent on guys we could have found cheaper options for elsewhere. We squandered a ton of premium draft picks we had over the last 4 years and came out with 4-5 above average guys we personally drafted.

You could argue the 3 best players we got with all our picks (outside of a franchise QB) were Hill, Ramsey and Chubb. We had to pay lucrative contracts as soon as we gave up the picks. Most of our financial woes come from these trades and a few poor FA signings.

So Jackson and Hunt don't count? Eich was a miss, it happens.
That he passed on Creed Humphrey is unforgivable given we had no true C...still don't then trades up for Eich ....ugh!
We draft Creed and move CW back to guard with everyone else in place then we have something
Also are we better by not moving up to get Waddle but moving to secure Davonta Smith as the Eagles did or Parsons and keeping out 2022 1st rounder?
I think so

In 2020 the team needed offensive talent. We had the ability to draft Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins or Jonathan Taylor AND still draft Austin Jackson in the 1st. Instead we took a developmental CB who was a 2nd-3rd round guy on most boards (and was a straight bust).

In 2021 we traded down to 12 in a great move. We gave up a ton to move back to 6. We could have had Jamar Chase at 3 or Micah Parsons or DeVonta Smith at 12.

These 2 drafts set us up to need to trade for Hill and Chubb. They also set us up to need to sign Armstead. That is a ton of draft capital and money spent on guys we could have found cheaper options for elsewhere. We squandered a ton of premium draft picks we had over the last 4 years and came out with 4-5 above average guys we personally drafted.

You could argue the 3 best players we got with all our picks (outside of a franchise QB) were Hill, Ramsey and Chubb. We had to pay lucrative contracts as soon as we gave up the picks. Most of our financial woes come from these trades and a few poor FA signings.
Totally agree. what people don’t seem to get is that making one trade for a high priced player is one thing but when that's the way you use to build your team, is bound to come back and bite you.

Like Parcels said a long time ago......you have to be careful making an exception or else, you'll end up with a team full of exceptions

When talking about not getting production from recent draft picks … no mention yet of Kohou.

Sure … UDFA … but it’s still a scouting success. We’ve got our slot corner on a tiny contract.

Also expect to see more development from Julian Hill next year.

So Jackson and Hunt don't count? Eich was a miss, it happens.
Step back and look at the big picture: After gutting the roster in 2019, Grier had a ton of draft picks (ten picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds) for 2020 and 2021, plus a lot of space under the cap. Then, add to that their picks in 2022 and 2023, and take a look at the o-line. With all of those picks, Miami's starting o-line has just two guys that Grier drafted, with one considered a probable bust for his first three years, and the other is one of the team leaders in penalties.

You'd think that a team that has had o-line issues for so long would want to do a better job of building an o-line. As others have already mentioned, Grier passed on a bunch of good linemen in the draft. It's not only Grier who is at fault, as none of the recent Head Coaches wanted a tough, physical o-line, which IMO is what Miami needs. Philbin, Gase, and McDaniel like their fancy blocking schemes, and the o-lines under them have always been physically dominated by tough, physical d-lines. And under Flores, he basically ignored the offense.

When talking about not getting production from recent draft picks … no mention yet of Kohou.

Sure … UDFA … but it’s still a scouting success. We’ve got our slot corner on a tiny contract.

Also expect to see more development from Julian Hill next year.
Kohou did well as a rookie but he regressed this season.....we'll see about Julian Hill but he has a long way to go yet.

That he passed on Creed Humphrey is unforgivable given we had no true C...still don't then trades up for Eich ....ugh!
We draft Creed and move CW back to guard with everyone else in place then we have something
Also are we better by not moving up to get Waddle but moving to secure Davonta Smith as the Eagles did or Parsons and keeping out 2022 1st rounder?
I think so
He might be a good player but he had some serious low snap issues this season

I think so
Giving up a First for Waddle when we could have kept it AND had a choice of Parsons or Smith-- is that what that trade comes down to? Ouch. I don't mind Waddle but not at that cost.

To answer that guy question on twitter, the Jets will be after Dylan Mulvaney

Those players were drafted 4-5 years ago.

As of late, being the past two years, there is Achane and no one else who has made much of a positive impact.
Instead of using first round picks on college players the past two year, Grier traded those picks for Hill and Chubb. I believe both of those players are worth the picks Grier gave up for them and better than any players they would have been able to select with the picks they traded away.

Ignoring the free agents and players Grier has traded for in the past few years makes no sense, since those players have added a lot of talent to the roster.

Yes the trade like this one and Chubb were meant to put us over the top and didn't but we also were one play against Tenn from the 2nd seed and a home playoff game
They took a shot and it almost worked so let's see how they handle the cap stuff and the FA stuff and then go from there
Exactly, it didn't work. We beat 1 team with a winning record and didn't win a playoff game again. Almost worked? Come on. .....and like I said we are in a bad place with draft pics, Free Agents, and cap space. Those are the facts.

Back
Top Bottom