Jimmy Wilson looks like he added a little more muscle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Wilson looks like he added a little more muscle

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...camp-day-1-pg-20120504,0,6915629.photogallery

it looks like Jimmy Wilson added a little more muscle, his arms look a little thicker, he prob beefed up a little to play FS, I really like Jimmy and hope he can win the FS job and Jones can win the SS job

Sean Smith looks quite a bit more muscular, also. Odrick looks like a hulking beast. I really think this coaching staff is gonna have this team ready to tap into talent Sparano et al could not. I'm really looking for big improvements from these three guys on defense and I'm hoping Lydon Murtha, Clyde Gates, and Roberto Wallace can do the same on offense.

I doubt we start two 4.5 guys back at safety together. Not enough speed. If that's our starters then we'll get burned over the top a lot...

IMO if Clemons is healthy he'll start.

Thats my concern with him adding weight, he's probably going to lose some speed.

End of the year? He played in 14 games...but I guess they let hurt guys play in games all the time...right? Face it, Clemons flat out lost his job. Period.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...1019_1_chris-clemons-reshad-jones-free-safety

DAVIE — Chris Clemons spent most of last season as the Dolphins' starting free safety.
This season, he lost his starting spot to Reshad Jones in the exhibition season, and has spent the past two months trying to recover from a hamstring injury he suffered in the exhibition finale.Every time Clemons gets close to pushing Jones for playing time, he re-aggravates the injury. That includes last week's practices.

What were you saying? :ponder:

Yes, and it says he lost the position before any injury...the injury crap is an excuse.

I love you Phin, But you have to see is how horrible our other coaching staff was at developing talent, putting the right players at the right spots and just everything involved with coaching.

I never really noticed Clemons which can be good and bad he just seems like a safe player to use while Jones and Wilson I seem to notice around the ball and seem to be more impact players. I know they both made mental mistakes but I just see more potential out of them especially Jimmy Wilson.
this

Sean Smith still looks like a scrawny beanpole. What did he do, go from 180 to 185 pounds?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I love you Phin, But you have to see is how horrible our other coaching staff was at developing talent, putting the right players at the right spots and just everything involved with coaching.

Because Sparano was a complete idiot as a head coach.

Yes, and it says he lost the position before any injury...the injury crap is an excuse.

I even quoted it for you, how can you still argue this :lol:

If you don't like Clemons then fine everyone has their own opinions, but the FACT is he lost his job due to the hamstring injury he sustained in the last preseason game of 2011, not because Jones outplayed him.

I even quoted it for you, how can you still argue this :lol:

If you don't like Clemons then fine everyone has their own opinions, but the FACT is he lost his job due to the hamstring injury he sustained in the last preseason game of 2011, not because Jones outplayed him.

No, you highlighted something stating that he injured himself. What you SKIPPED OVER (conveniently) is that Clemons LOST HIS STARTING JOB to Jones WHEN PRE-SEASON STARTED.

This season, he lost his starting spot to Reshad Jones in the exhibition season.

Hum boy that sure doesn't look like he lost any starting spot... more like he lost it, and never got a chance to get it back due to an injury. Strange.

Also, notice in that very same article you posted it says how Clemons was too far from the ball in practice and did not make enough impact plays.

I could have told you that but you'll just attack me with more homer nonsense.

Him being around the ball almost every play and being a great tackler stood out to me, before his injury of course.

I think he took a lot of flak on this board for not catching every int that went his way, but I would say being in position to even get an int is a positive.

With his 4.3 speed I don't see Wilson getting close to taking his spot anytime soon (barring injuries).

imo i think wilson is going to surprise alot of people on here , i think he will become a better football player than clemons and jones , when all is said and done look for jimmy to be on top baby.

No, you highlighted something stating that he injured himself. What you SKIPPED OVER (conveniently) is that Clemons LOST HIS STARTING JOB to Jones WHEN PRE-SEASON STARTED.

Hum boy that sure doesn't look like he lost any starting spot... more like he lost it, and never got a chance to get it back due to an injury. Strange.

Yes, he lost it due to the injury ffs LOL. and your use of the word 'homer' doesn't even apply here. Wilson and Jones are Dolphins as well.

Clearly some have their favorites. I'm just telling you not to be disappointed when Clemons starts. Wilson has great intangibles, but he isn't athletically superior to Clemons. If he does beat him out it will be because Chris isn't healthy, period.

Look, what it really comes down to is this; Do you want to give up big plays often but get a couple turnovers (Jones/Wilson) or hardly ever give up big plays and maybe get 1-3 turnovers (Clemons)??
Oh and btw if you compare Clemons and Jones lone starting seasons stats, guess who got more turnovers? :up:

When the hell did Jimmy Wilson run a 4.3?! lol thats how fast Clemons is.

I remember the season before Clemons started, we had Gibril Wilson starting, then in his 2nd year, Clemons played decent in coverage, lining up the secondary, tackling, and just overall awareness for a 5th round player. 3rd season, we all thought he showed promise, but instead Sparano & Co. started Reshad all season instead of playing the oft-injured/uninjured Clemons. Jones got roasted a lot at the beginning of the season, but eventually recovered somewhat. We all know his roll is at SS, hopefully he'll be an upgrade coverage wise over Bell. Maybe Wilson could take the SS spot, but I just see FS being Clemons' to lose.

Wilson is probably gonna be a good backup for either spot likely. But while he is a good player, I'm just not sure he's ready yet, but hey who knows! As long as all of the pieces align, we can just get along, eh?

Yes, he lost it due to the injury ffs LOL.
Oh and btw if you compare Clemons and Jones lone starting seasons stats, guess who got more turnovers? :up:

1- HE DIDNT LOSE HIS STARTING SPOT DUE TO INJURY. You're not paying attention. THE FIRST GAME OF PRE-SEASON Clemons lost his starting FS job.

ON THE FOURTH GAME HE GOT INJURED. Do you understand this? Comprehend it?

Here's a timeline :

--->--->----FIRST PRESEASON GAME--->---->---->CLEMONS NO LONGER STARTER---->---->------SECOND/THIRD PRESEASON GAME---->----> FOURTH----> CLEMONS INJURED

LOOK AT THAT SPACE HOLY COW! Are you being serious? Trolling? English not your first language? What is it?

Second - Uh, Chris Clemons has 1 INT and 1.5 sacks. 1 Fumble Recovery. Am I missing something? Reshad Jones has 2 INTs, 3 Sacks and 1 fumble recovery.

Back
Top Bottom