Jimmy Wilson looks like he added a little more muscle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Wilson looks like he added a little more muscle

1- HE DIDNT LOSE HIS STARTING SPOT DUE TO INJURY. You're not paying attention. THE FIRST GAME OF PRE-SEASON Clemons lost his starting FS job.

ON THE FOURTH GAME HE GOT INJURED. Do you understand this? Comprehend it?

Here's a timeline :

--->--->----FIRST PRESEASON GAME--->---->---->CLEMONS NO LONGER STARTER---->---->------SECOND/THIRD PRESEASON GAME---->----> FOURTH----> CLEMONS INJURED

LOOK AT THAT SPACE HOLY COW! Are you being serious? Trolling? English not your first language? What is it?

Second - Uh, Chris Clemons has 1 INT and 1.5 sacks. 1 Fumble Recovery. Am I missing something? Reshad Jones has 2 INTs, 3 Sacks and 1 fumble recovery.

WELL, it could just to show you how incompetent our coaches were. One of Jones' int's he was simply in the right place at the right time, I vividly remember it was a play where Nolan Carroll made a great play a batted a ball out of reach of the receiver and the ball popped up high in the air

Lol remember when Jones took a terrible angle in Welker in the first game of the season on the 99 TD pass?

or when he lost us the game against the Texans because he messed up the coverages against Andre Freaking Johnson. How do you mess up a double team against Andre Freaking Johnson?

or when he got roasted about 5 times in the 1st half against the Browns and we were lucky Colt McCoy blows and missed Cribbs about 3 times who burned Jones?

Someone please re-create one of those scenes in any of Clemons games in 3 seasons.

1- HE DIDNT LOSE HIS STARTING SPOT DUE TO INJURY. You're not paying attention. THE FIRST GAME OF PRE-SEASON Clemons lost his starting FS job.

ON THE FOURTH GAME HE GOT INJURED. Do you understand this? Comprehend it?

Here's a timeline :

--->--->----FIRST PRESEASON GAME--->---->---->CLEMONS NO LONGER STARTER---->---->------SECOND/THIRD PRESEASON GAME---->----> FOURTH----> CLEMONS INJURED

LOOK AT THAT SPACE HOLY COW! Are you being serious? Trolling? English not your first language? What is it?

Second - Uh, Chris Clemons has 1 INT and 1.5 sacks. 1 Fumble Recovery. Am I missing something? Reshad Jones has 2 INTs, 3 Sacks and 1 fumble recovery.

Ok, first it doesn't say what game he lost his spot, it just says that he lost his spot in the exhibition season and was also injured, so you're just speculating. If I remember correctly Sparano liked to "shake up the roster" and try to light fires under people, so you don't know if that was the case or that he actually beat him out. Again, that's all speculation on your behalf.

Second, I don't know if you like to count all of the turnovers achieved or just the ones you like, but Forced Fumbles are also counted as turnovers. Clemons has 2 of them from two nasty hits in a Steelers game which I remember vividly(the stolen game). He recovered one of them.

Third, dude you can disagree or agree I don't care, but at least try to keep the debate civil. Throwing insults is just so childish and last I checked this was a Dolphins site not a Jets site.

thats good he needed more bulking.he should be able to take one of those spots soon the man can hit

Im genuinely asking if english isn't your first language because your posting is somewhat choppy and tough to understand. Considering they are the MIAMI DOLPHINS I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

And it DOES state when he lost his starting spot. BEGINNING of the pre-season. There's no speculation there. You're consistently making excuses for the guy. First it was he lost it due to injury, now you have the condition planted that hey if he DID lose it to injury, Sparano liked to shake up the roster, right? Surely that's not Chris Clemons' fault!

Honestly, it's tiring debating this with you. You have countless facts staring you right in the fact, and you're ignoring them, twisting them, or simply not reading them. Whatever it is, you're dreaming. Clemons is not some star that is being held back by bad coaching, he's a mediocre player who has lived up to his draft status. It's that simple. Watch him PLAY. He's never by the ball. He can't play the ball when it's in the air. He has ZERO instincts when it comes to pass protection. That's incredibly troubling for me considering Cinci's defense last season, which I imagine we will be mimicing considering our recent DC hiring.

Clemons was losing snaps to Jones at the end of the 2010 season, for heaven's sake. This isn't some huge conspiracy against the guy, he just doesn't make big plays.

Now, I'm not saying Jones is the answer by any means. I'm in complete agreement with you that Jones gives up the big play far too often.

In all honesty I think it gives our Defense the flexibility to go with 3 safeties in many different sets with Jones and Wilson both having the ability to serve as a coverage LB so you have the ability to disguise more blitz packages. A good problem to have.

I doubt we start two 4.5 guys back at safety together. Not enough speed. If that's our starters then we'll get burned over the top a lot...

IMO if Clemons is healthy he'll start.
That isnt slow

Im genuinely asking if english isn't your first language because your posting is somewhat choppy and tough to understand. Considering they are the MIAMI DOLPHINS I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

And it DOES state when he lost his starting spot. BEGINNING of the pre-season. There's no speculation there. You're consistently making excuses for the guy. First it was he lost it due to injury, now you have the condition planted that hey if he DID lose it to injury, Sparano liked to shake up the roster, right? Surely that's not Chris Clemons' fault!

Honestly, it's tiring debating this with you. You have countless facts staring you right in the fact, and you're ignoring them, twisting them, or simply not reading them. Whatever it is, you're dreaming. Clemons is not some star that is being held back by bad coaching, he's a mediocre player who has lived up to his draft status. It's that simple. Watch him PLAY. He's never by the ball. He can't play the ball when it's in the air. He has ZERO instincts when it comes to pass protection. That's incredibly troubling for me considering Cinci's defense last season, which I imagine we will be mimicing considering our recent DC hiring.

Clemons was losing snaps to Jones at the end of the 2010 season, for heaven's sake. This isn't some huge conspiracy against the guy, he just doesn't make big plays.

Now, I'm not saying Jones is the answer by any means. I'm in complete agreement with you that Jones gives up the big play far too often.

I'm pretty sure that my postings aren't "choppy and tough to understand". They're perfectly legible. Maybe I should ask you if English is your first language :lol:
I'm not even going to reply to the "Considering they are the MIAMI DOLPHINS I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't." statement because it has racial undertones written all over it :rolleyes2:

Anyway, your implying that i'm sticking up for the guy which is totally false. I'm stating facts not opinions. All i'm saying is that Clemons was the better safety of the 2 on paper and on the field. You can look at the stats and on field play. Chris Clemons was a better starting free safety and that's a fact. Your opinion is that he's just not that good because he doesn't snag every int going his way. Him not snagging every int is fair to say. I agree, but the guy was never out of place and was all around the ball lol. I remember the year he started I would joke with some buddies about how Gibril Wilson would've never been close to that play or this play and noticing that no. 30 was around the ball A LOT. I guess we saw different games or something.

I'd like to see these countless facts because I only see this article and one other article that even mentions he lost his spot in the exhibition season, then was injured. Nothing else. Also, show me something that says he was losing snaps from Jones at the end of 2010.

I honestly don't have a favorite out of the 3. Just by watching games you can tell who is better. I like Jimmy Wilson because he has some upside and I like Reshad Jones because he's a ballhawk. IMO, I just see Clemons as a better free safety than both. His skill set matches the position and so far my opinion has been right. Who knows what will happen this season. Marshall just got hurt, so we need great play out of all 3 of these guys. Btw Clemons is slotted to start so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom