John Jerry taking snaps at Tackle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Jerry taking snaps at Tackle

Jerry at tackle...Carey released...sign 28 year old pro bowl guard Logan Mankins...(5 straight years without missing a game)
something to look forward to next season

A few Logan Mankin stats

• Has never missed an NFL game, starting all 80 regular-season games and nine postseason game since joining the Patriots in 2005.
  • Named to the Pro Bowl in 2007 and 2009.
  • Was selected to the Associated Press All-Pro Second Team in 2007 and 2009.
  • The Patriots' offense has finished in the top 10 in four of his five seasons: 2005 (7), 2007 (1), 2008 (5), 2009 (3).
  • In 2008, Mankins started every game at left tackle as part of an offensive line that was a part of the best rushing season for the Patriots in more than 20 years in terms of rushing yards, rushing touchdowns and average yards per carry.
  • Mankins and John Hannah are the only Patriots guards to earn Pro Bowl bids since the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger.

Dude's gonna cost a boat load of money.

I'd rather pay him a boatload than see a boatload of fail on the football field. McQueefer and Incog are average to abysmal. And we should've signed Jason Brown at C instead of having Joe Big Mac Burgers getting steamrolled every game.

Carey didn't miss much, but the ones he did miss he missed BADLY. Jason Wordilis made him his ***** on a couple plays.

Jake Long, on the other hand, is more than solid

Carey is not half as bad as some are making him out to be this season. I have bigger concerns about the coaches getting the right talent on the field. Jerry has been at practice for a few weeks now, but yet not in games? Who knows with this staff and circus.

By the way... Worilds is going to be a damn good NFL player. He was awesome as a Hokie and has the power, speed and heart to play for the Steelers. He will be their next great LB!

Jason Worilds was one of the guys leading up to the draft that a few of us broke down the film on... but what stood out the most was his ridiculous 10 yard split...

Which is what's most important if you want take any "number" and use it to project effectiveness rushing the passer in the NFL... Carey had the best seat in the house to witness exactly how that 10 yard split translates onto the football field...

The last play of the game was Carey's fault no doubt in my mind about it...

Worilds blew by him at least 2 times...

Henne could have stayed in the pocket but he does not have eyes in the back of his helmet.

I don't think so. Carey was pushing him past the QB. All Henne had to do was step up into the pocket. By bailing to the right, Carey was no longer between him and QB.

Now the blitz that nonone picked up is another matter...

Great. A DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECT 3rd round pick. If I wanted to take a 3rd rounder and have him be a project, QB is one of the few positions I would be ok with that.

If they are doing this in hopes he starts in the future at T, or in hopes that he can be the primary backup at that spot, I guess it isnt horrible. But, Im really starting to worry this was just a bad pick.

Ideally, even on a good team, a 3rd round pick should at least contribute from the jump.

Well you guys do understand that ONE of these old Dallas pickups have to work out (Pat Mcquistan). We were force fed Barbie and it didn't work, McQueezy looks ok and we are going to stop the growth of our rookie RG that earned the spot from day 1.

I have been a big supporter of this front office, but its little **** like this that irks me with them.

Looks like John "The Green Mile" Jerry might turn out to be a bum. Good news he got over the cold/AIDS/Sickness/Disease/Flu/Yellow Feaver/Allergies that cost him to miss over 1/4 of the season. We'll never get a clear answer what kept him out.

If this coaching staff actually had a dog house, they would keep cats in it, and have dogs running around ****ting and pissing all over the field.

Back
Top Bottom