John Jerry taking snaps at Tackle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Jerry taking snaps at Tackle

Great. A DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECT 3rd round pick. If I wanted to take a 3rd rounder and have him be a project, QB is one of the few positions I would be ok with that.

If they are doing this in hopes he starts in the future at T, or in hopes that he can be the primary backup at that spot, I guess it isnt horrible. But, Im really starting to worry this was just a bad pick.

Ideally, even on a good team, a 3rd round pick should at least contribute from the jump.

Dude have you forgotten our developmental/project QB pick in last year's draft?

Looks like John "The Green Mile" Jerry might turn out to be a bum. Good news he got over the cold/AIDS/Sickness/Disease/Flu/Yellow Feaver/Allergies that cost him to miss over 1/4 of the season. We'll never get a clear answer what kept him out.

Roflmao!

agree with finnns2000, and that was funny too.. McQueefer is lame, I think Sparanno"s glasses must be tinted" rosey" if he thinks this guy should be starting ahead of Jerry. Get him out of there!

Jerry played 2 years at tackle in college, what's everyone getting so worked up for?

My guess, Sparano probably wants to play both McQuistan and Jerry at RG, similiar to how he handled Thomas and Garner last season, but there lack of versatility makes it a risky move. If we lose some lineman and Jerry is active and can only play RG we are screwed. My guess is if they get comfortable with him at tackle he will dress and rotate with McQuistan at RG. I think they trust McQuistan more at this point despite how much Finheaven thinks he sucks.

No, Sparano has absolutely no faith in Lydon Murtha coming into a game due to injury. We have a guard backup but if an OT gets hurt, its Murtha. Jerry is a great backup at OT, he played it pretty well in college. If he is at guard and an OT goes down, he slides over and the Guard backup comes in the game. Far better then depending on Lydon Murtha playing the game of football well.

if jerry works out at T, then move carey back to G, sign Mankins, and Draft C Round 1

Long - Mankins- Berger/DRAFT - Carey - Jerry

if jerry works out at T, then move carey back to G, sign Mankins, and Draft C Round 1

Long - Mankins- Berger/DRAFT - Carey - Jerry

Not for nothing, if we spend more BIG dollars on this Oline, with a coach who was a OLine coach before becoming our head coach, I will be real pissed.

So why did we decide to get rid of Donald Thomas again??? I know he isn't getting snapped up by other clubs but he has to be a better option than freckles... C'mon Sporano - put Jerry on the field.

You never know a RT in the draft..............

So why did we decide to get rid of Donald Thomas again??? I know he isn't getting snapped up by other clubs but he has to be a better option than freckles... C'mon Sporano - put Jerry on the field.

You got me there...McQ has had more bad plays so far than Thomas did all last year.

Back
Top Bottom