Johnathan Hankins released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Johnathan Hankins released

This would be the best offseason no marquee FA fill needs with proven vets. We can get Hankins on cap friendly deal

I read on NFL.com that he's a 3-4 Tackle, and the Colts are switching to a 4-3 base defense which is why they parted ways with him. Any truth to that?

I read on NFL.com that he's a 3-4 Tackle, and the Colts are switching to a 4-3 base defense which is why they parted ways with him. Any truth to that?

Saw the same thing, but I'm confused by this because I didn't think the Giants were running a 3-4 all those years he played there.

Are the Redskins also running a 3-4?

???

I’d take him. Let’s bring him in.

Unless Miami really believes in there young guys.

scheme fit may be a question, but apparently he was one of the top 3 at stopping the run last year...sounds like something Miami could use!!

I'm certain the Giants have been a 4-3 team for a lot of years now.

"Although there has been speculation, and some panic among Giants fans that Bettcher's arrival will lead to a tricky transition to a 3-4 base defense from the 4-3 base New York has deployed for over a decade, this will not be the case."

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...ew-defense-will-not-be-a-3-4-scheme-114817940

Confirmed.

So why would NFL.com or the Colts say he's not a scheme fit??? Bizarre.

"Although there has been speculation, and some panic among Giants fans that Bettcher's arrival will lead to a tricky transition to a 3-4 base defense from the 4-3 base New York has deployed for over a decade, this will not be the case."

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-...ew-defense-will-not-be-a-3-4-scheme-114817940

Confirmed.

So why would NFL.com or the Colts say he's not a scheme fit??? Bizarre.
Not sure on that. But if the money's right and our coaching staff feels he can help the team, I say get him.

He'll probably sign with the Redskins.

After getting cut 1 year into his deal you would think he would go somewhere that offers some stability. His value certainly didnt go up and IIRC he dragged on his decision last year.

I like Vea and in a trade down he would be one of my targets. DT is the second most important position on the team.

Id love to sure up that position on the cheap for another year. Sink or swim for Phillips, who is approaching FA.

That really opens finheavens next pandoras box......should we extend Jordan Phillips now? Where is his value?

I would sign him no questions. Having a big body that can shield the MLB, WeakLB, and effectively shut down any inside runs makes the Wide 9 more lethal. I have watched Mickey Andrews at FSU shut down various vaunted offense after offense using the exact same defense.

Back
Top Bottom