Johnathan Hankins released | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Johnathan Hankins released

I could live with veta as the draft pick. We need big guys upfront. Suhs gone we need that big boy in the middle. The qb run early is going to let a few good prospects drop. Bpa please.. don’t not draft DT just because. It’s a hole fill it

After finding Godchaux in the 5th last year they probably think they can do that again and be fine (and cheap) at the poaition for another year.

Maybe the big DT signing we make is Jordan Phillips.

Latest word is" Sylvester Williams " has signed with "Lions". Hankins was also scheduled to meet with them. There is still a little hope.

Hankins is a 3-4 DT i think. Thats why he was released. We arent 3-4

This was covered on the previous page in this thread. Hankins has only ever played 1 year in a system as 3-4 DT.

In all the years with the Giants he was in a 4-3 and a dominant run stopper.

That being said I don't think Miami is interested, I'm surprised he hasn't been signed and it makes me wonder if more is going on behind the scenes (money demands?)

I'm on record for saying I think he'd be a great signing, seeing him and Hayes on the same line would do wonders for our run defense.

I think Hankins is asking for a big deal with a lot of guaranteed money. That's probably the hold up. And it should be. He's a fantastic football player and would solve our issue at DT for the foreseeable future assuming at least one of Phillips, Godchaux, Taylor develop well.

If we were to sign him we'd have four DTs ages 25 and under who have all shown something on the football field and still have a lot of potential.

I think Hankins is asking for a big deal with a lot of guaranteed money. That's probably the hold up. And it should be. He's a fantastic football player and would solve our issue at DT for the foreseeable future assuming at least one of Phillips, Godchaux, Taylor develop well.

If we were to sign him we'd have four DTs ages 25 and under who have all shown something on the football field and still have a lot of potential.
We should shell out for him. He will still be cheaper than suh and is 6 years younger

Back
Top Bottom