Johnathan Hankins released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Johnathan Hankins released

isnt he more of a 0/1 tech 3-4 NT/DT? not sure he fits this "wide 9" scheme we use, although it isnt really as difficult for DTs to switch from playing in 1 scheme to the next like it is converting an OLB to a DE...probably tells us something that they didnt keep him and theyre going to a 4-3 in Indy...could just be a numbers thing...may be worth it for the right price although we should be tight with our $ now...draft best available

Hankins is probably our last best bet. Don't love this draft DT class. Need get him here though, and don"t know if there is cap space.

After getting cut 1 year into his deal you would think he would go somewhere that offers some stability. His value certainly didnt go up and IIRC he dragged on his decision last year.

I like Vea and in a trade down he would be one of my targets. DT is the second most important position on the team.

Id love to sure up that position on the cheap for another year. Sink or swim for Phillips, who is approaching FA.

That really opens finheavens next pandoras box......should we extend Jordan Phillips now? Where is his value?

I think we should, Phillips played very well last year and we need him now.

He provides consistency which Phillips and godcha do not. He can't be moved and can tackle. Sign him
Phillips showed consistency as the year wore on. Godchaux was a rookie.

That being said, you need more than two starting caliber DTs, and a vet in the room would be good for the team.

Sign him if the price is fair and doable.

Has anyone here any info on Washington and Hankins?

As far as I know no deal has been completed. I live in Skins Country and if he had signed talk radio would be talking about it still. Seems like Hankins left Redskins Park without a deal in place.

Bennie Logan might be a solid option.

Either way id like a veteran DT on the roster.

We need to bring in a vet DT. I don't care about signing a RB. I'm fine with Freeman, Chubb, or Penny in the third or Walton in the fourth. We can draft another late and/or bring in a slew of undraftees.

Rather take care of DT now.

The inaction means one of two things

-They plan on drafting one.
-They are comfortable with what they already anticipate having on the roster.

Im going with door number 1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom