Jonnu Smith visits Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonnu Smith visits Miami

If we can get him to sign, Smith is the starter at TE1, with Smythe as the TE2 (mostly as a blocker) and Hill as first man up.

At that point, a 4th TE would mostly be for special teams and disaster management... Tanner Conner gets first crack at that.

I know that a lot of people wanted one of the top 3 TEs in the draft, but if Jonnu signs... there are no snaps for a highly drafted rookie... which would make the pick a complete waste.

I have said repeatedly... I do not believe we are looking to draft a TE, certainly not early.

This signing would clinch that.

Sign Jonnu Smith and draft a WR at 21 or 55 instead….. yup. Like I’ve been saying this is the class to find your WR3 and eventual Tyreek replacement opposite Waddle.

If we can get him to sign, Smith is the starter at TE1, with Smythe as the TE2 (mostly as a blocker) and Hill as first man up.

At that point, a 4th TE would mostly be for special teams and disaster management... Tanner Conner gets first crack at that.

I know that a lot of people wanted one of the top 3 TEs in the draft, but if Jonnu signs... there are no snaps for a highly drafted rookie... which would make the pick a complete waste.
All I read was...

Macys Parade Vegetables GIF by The 97th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

I’m not sure Conner makes the roster. He has no guaranteed money.

Before anyone runs in here and starts talking about cutting Smythe... we resigned and extended him just last year. The team likes him; he makes a VERY reasonable salary, AND he's signed through the end of the 2025 season.

Yes, some of you may hate him because he isn't a star player... but he's a good team guy and league average player who we WANTED to extend.

It's VERY unlikely that we'd let him go barring a coke and hookers situation.

Before anyone runs in here and starts talking about cutting Smythe... we resigned and extended him just last year. The team likes him; he makes a VERY reasonable salary, AND he's signed through the end of the 2025 season.

Yes, some of you may hate him because he isn't a star player... but he's a good team guy and league average player who we WANTED to extend.

I've always liked Smythe.....he's a very good #2TE so no reason to get rid of him.

There aren’t many here who are a bigger fan of Smythe than me. He’s not spectacular in any facet of his game, but he does pretty much everything well.

Back
Top Bottom