Jonnu Smith visits Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonnu Smith visits Miami

Nothing goes over your head huh, Drax?
pietro maximoff marvel GIF

Wow.

1) I absolutely love Drax, and my buddies have identified him as the MCU character whom I’d probably be.

2) I was genuinely unaware you were capable of sarcasm.

Bravo.

If he won't cost us much money then he could be a decent signing as another pass catching option which we need. Call my cynical but I am not believeing the Julian Hill hype.

Thats a good sign that he had 50 receptions last year competing for targets with Kyle Pitts on their roster.

I looked at Overthecap.com and we are still about $18.8M over the cap. We have to clear at least that much cap space by March 13. We have to clear a lot more if we actually want to be active in Free Agency.

We won't get the benefit of X's $18.5M in cap space until after June 1 which will be used to sign our draft class and do some shopping on the Free Agent clearance rack.
Plus he’s only 28

Before anyone runs in here and starts talking about cutting Smythe... we resigned and extended him just last year. The team likes him; he makes a VERY reasonable salary, AND he's signed through the end of the 2025 season.

Yes, some of you may hate him because he isn't a star player... but he's a good team guy and league average player who we WANTED to extend.

It's VERY unlikely that we'd let him go barring a coke and hookers situation.
I actually thought he played great when they actually used him the way he was supposed to be. Sure hands under routes over the middle. Tail end of the year dude was clutching 1st downs.

Jee Wilikers Mr. Mike, is that what a tight end is supposed to do?

Before anyone runs in here and starts talking about cutting Smythe... we resigned and extended him just last year. The team likes him; he makes a VERY reasonable salary, AND he's signed through the end of the 2025 season.

Yes, some of you may hate him because he isn't a star player... but he's a good team guy and league average player who we WANTED to extend.

It's VERY unlikely that we'd let him go barring a coke and hookers situation.
So you're saying there is a chance! :chuckle:

Seriously Smythe is a good TE2 and does a lot of the dirty work blocking. He is a no drama, lunch pail player and good/great teams need a base of those kinds of players.

Sign me up. Got some wheels, a better pass catcher than Smythe. Probably not much of a blocker. Still wouldnt stop me from drafting one, if everything else were to align. (a trade down, and already having draft OL)

Is it McDaniel or Tua making that decision?
That's a good question. In certain instances, I'm not sure who is really to blame. IMO, one or both of them was trying to help Hill reach 2K yards; why else would they keep throwing to a covered Hill? I know McDaniel gets stubborn with his playcalling, and Tua is not very good behind a crappy o-line and has admitted that sometimes he can't see open receivers. Anyway, McDaniel would probably just use him as a blocker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom