Just Chambers had a1000 season doesnt mean he isn't part to blame for loss at Pitt. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Chambers had a1000 season doesnt mean he isn't part to blame for loss at Pitt.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I can actually go back and rewatch the game and see how many catches he dropped at most critical times. Dante didn't have his best throws but we should all be blessed that he is playing this game because back months ago we didnt plan on playing Dante by this time. However, its inexcusable for chambers to not catch those passes in the endzone that could have been caught. Sometimes he didn't even look concentrated when he was playing. I am really dissapointed on his part. He wasn't even double teamed half of the time and was beat by Ike Taylor like a sagging old frog.

I expected him to play better than he did. Booker had a freak accident and managed to come back in time to help us win. Welker, I don't even need to mention. The sad part is, you guys are capable of blaming Ronnie Brown for not running the whole team over for massive touchdowns. Ronnie actually made 3rd down plays by catching and receiving but people still flame him to death for no reason.

Yea Chambers had a good season last year but for the lack of effort on thursday it makes me think that he's very inconsistent. Something he has never been able to built in his career, even with horrible qb's.

The thing that has always ticked me off about Chambers is that the guy doesn't play aggressive. He lets DBs dictate to him too often. When he needs to come back and fight for the ball he doesn't do it.

Chambers didn't even see any action the whole first half. When they started on their march for the 3rd quarter TD, it was almost all Chambers. What game were you watching?

And Chambers dropped a TD pass and made a half-$&* effort to fight for a poorly thrown pass by Culpepper that ended up being intercepted.

If you wanna go back to dropped passes and mistakes, you could blame so many players, all you're trying to do is spotlight Chamber's mistakes. And don't feel sorry for Culpepper and his leg injury, I'm happy we have him, but because we are "blessed to have him" does not mean we can just take away everything he did wrong. You can't expect Chamber's to catch every ball that is overthrown.

he didnt' even antcipate the throws and ended up putting his hands in horrible ways. He had poor execution on his route running specially on that play with Ike Taylor bumped him in the endzone and wasn't aggresive enough to recove to complete his route. He's on the spotlight because he wasn't even talked about in these boards.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
And Chambers dropped a TD pass and made a half-$&* effort to fight for a poorly thrown pass by Culpepper that ended up being intercepted.
Half-*** effort? There was nothing he could do about that pass. He was about 5-yards ahead of where the ball was thrown and his body was in motion of moving forward. He was uncovered so he just ran as fast as he could, and if that ball is thrown ahead of the safety like it should've been, then it's a touchdown and we're up 24-21. In no way, shape, or form can you blame Chambers there.

That TD pass also hit him in the shoulders and it should've been thrown more to the outside, which is where he expected it. The next play, he was wide open in the endzone again, and Culpepper threw it way over him and should've been picked off.

There was another deep route in the 2nd Q where Chambers beat Ike Taylor and he had to come back and fight for the ball so it wasn't intercepted.

juniorseau55 said:
I can actually go back and rewatch the game and see how many catches he dropped at most critical times. Dante didn't have his best throws but we should all be blessed that he is playing this game because back months ago we didnt plan on playing Dante by this time. However, its inexcusable for chambers to not catch those passes in the endzone that could have been caught. Sometimes he didn't even look concentrated when he was playing. I am really dissapointed on his part. He wasn't even double teamed half of the time and was beat by Ike Taylor like a sagging old frog.

I expected him to play better than he did. Booker had a freak accident and managed to come back in time to help us win. Welker, I don't even need to mention. The sad part is, you guys are capable of blaming Ronnie Brown for not running the whole team over for massive touchdowns. Ronnie actually made 3rd down plays by catching and receiving but people still flame him to death for no reason.

Yea Chambers had a good season last year but for the lack of effort on thursday it makes me think that he's very inconsistent. Something he has never been able to built in his career, even with horrible qb's.

Chris dropped 1 ball.....he definitly should of caught it, but your making it sound like you went back to watch it and he dropped 5 balls...

The ball that Chambers had in the endzone SHOULD'VE been caught. It was right at his hands for crying out loud. Daunte can't be faulted at all for that one. Chambers HAS to make that catch :fire:

Nappy Roots said:
Chris dropped 1 ball.....he definitly should of caught it, but your making it sound like you went back to watch it and he dropped 5 balls...

It was one hell of a ball to drop. Might as well say he dropped 5 balls because that drop was huge.

FiN.in.RI said:
It was one hell of a ball to drop. Might as well say he dropped 5 balls because that drop was huge.

oh no doubt. it was big. and i agree with the sentiment of the post, that Chambers didnt play well and didnt step up. for me. there are 2 people i dont blame for the loss. thats Ronnie and Wes. so yes, Chambers is part to blame for me.

i was just pointing out the fact that he said it like Chambers dropped 5 balls. which is wrong.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
The ball that Chambers had in the endzone SHOULD'VE been caught. It was right at his hands for crying out loud. Daunte can't be faulted at all for that one. Chambers HAS to make that catch :fire:
No, you have to blame both players for that play.

That ball is supposed to be thrown to the outside, which is where Chambers looked when he turned around. Even the commentators said it..

It looked to me like that ball hit him on the shoulders. If not, oh well.. this is another exaggerated thread because it was the only "drop" he had. Nonetheless, I expect Pep/Chambers to get on the same page in the coming weeks. It takes time.

juniorseau55 said:

dude what's your problem with Chambers? This is at least the seocnd thread you started bashing him since Thursday.

Chambers blatantly didn't reach for a pass that was thrown over the middle during the Pittsburgh game...he no longer seems to be a threat inside

Back
Top Bottom