Just Chambers had a1000 season doesnt mean he isn't part to blame for loss at Pitt.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by juniorseau55, Sep 9, 2006.

1. juniorseau55

juniorseau55 The Finheaven Intimidator

I can actually go back and rewatch the game and see how many catches he dropped at most critical times. Dante didn't have his best throws but we should all be blessed that he is playing this game because back months ago we didnt plan on playing Dante by this time. However, its inexcusable for chambers to not catch those passes in the endzone that could have been caught. Sometimes he didn't even look concentrated when he was playing. I am really dissapointed on his part. He wasn't even double teamed half of the time and was beat by Ike Taylor like a sagging old frog.

I expected him to play better than he did. Booker had a freak accident and managed to come back in time to help us win. Welker, I don't even need to mention. The sad part is, you guys are capable of blaming Ronnie Brown for not running the whole team over for massive touchdowns. Ronnie actually made 3rd down plays by catching and receiving but people still flame him to death for no reason.

Yea Chambers had a good season last year but for the lack of effort on thursday it makes me think that he's very inconsistent. Something he has never been able to built in his career, even with horrible qb's.

2. DefensiveEnd#76

DefensiveEnd#76 Football Guru

The thing that has always ticked me off about Chambers is that the guy doesn't play aggressive. He lets DBs dictate to him too often. When he needs to come back and fight for the ball he doesn't do it.

3. 7001

7001 Well-Known Member

Chambers didn't even see any action the whole first half. When they started on their march for the 3rd quarter TD, it was almost all Chambers. What game were you watching?

4. DefensiveEnd#76

And Chambers dropped a TD pass and made a half-$&* effort to fight for a poorly thrown pass by Culpepper that ended up being intercepted.

5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 A True Fan

If you wanna go back to dropped passes and mistakes, you could blame so many players, all you're trying to do is spotlight Chamber's mistakes. And don't feel sorry for Culpepper and his leg injury, I'm happy we have him, but because we are "blessed to have him" does not mean we can just take away everything he did wrong. You can't expect Chamber's to catch every ball that is overthrown.

6. juniorseau55

juniorseau55 The Finheaven Intimidator

he didnt' even antcipate the throws and ended up putting his hands in horrible ways. He had poor execution on his route running specially on that play with Ike Taylor bumped him in the endzone and wasn't aggresive enough to recove to complete his route. He's on the spotlight because he wasn't even talked about in these boards.

7. Fresh

Fresh A True Fan

Half-*** effort? There was nothing he could do about that pass. He was about 5-yards ahead of where the ball was thrown and his body was in motion of moving forward. He was uncovered so he just ran as fast as he could, and if that ball is thrown ahead of the safety like it should've been, then it's a touchdown and we're up 24-21. In no way, shape, or form can you blame Chambers there.

That TD pass also hit him in the shoulders and it should've been thrown more to the outside, which is where he expected it. The next play, he was wide open in the endzone again, and Culpepper threw it way over him and should've been picked off.

There was another deep route in the 2nd Q where Chambers beat Ike Taylor and he had to come back and fight for the ball so it wasn't intercepted.

8. FIN-IN-RI

FIN-IN-RI A True Fan

Of course he shares some of the blame.

He looked like crap.

9. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

Chris dropped 1 ball.....he definitly should of caught it, but your making it sound like you went back to watch it and he dropped 5 balls...

10. DefensiveEnd#76

The ball that Chambers had in the endzone SHOULD'VE been caught. It was right at his hands for crying out loud. Daunte can't be faulted at all for that one. Chambers HAS to make that catch :fire:

11. FIN-IN-RI

FIN-IN-RI A True Fan

It was one hell of a ball to drop. Might as well say he dropped 5 balls because that drop was huge.

12. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

oh no doubt. it was big. and i agree with the sentiment of the post, that Chambers didnt play well and didnt step up. for me. there are 2 people i dont blame for the loss. thats Ronnie and Wes. so yes, Chambers is part to blame for me.

i was just pointing out the fact that he said it like Chambers dropped 5 balls. which is wrong.

13. Fresh

Fresh A True Fan

No, you have to blame both players for that play.

That ball is supposed to be thrown to the outside, which is where Chambers looked when he turned around. Even the commentators said it..

It looked to me like that ball hit him on the shoulders. If not, oh well.. this is another exaggerated thread because it was the only "drop" he had. Nonetheless, I expect Pep/Chambers to get on the same page in the coming weeks. It takes time.

14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon A True Fan

dude what's your problem with Chambers? This is at least the seocnd thread you started bashing him since Thursday.

15. FinsFan74

FinsFan74 Cement Shoes Distributor

Chambers blatantly didn't reach for a pass that was thrown over the middle during the Pittsburgh game...he no longer seems to be a threat inside

16. Fresh

Fresh A True Fan

Comparing his other thread to this one, it seems like he'd rather see Wes Welker as our #1 WR than Chris Chambers. Amazing what one game does for people.. :rolleyes2

17. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

well, it might of been placed wrong, but it did hit him in the hands, and it wasnt like he had to stretch out for it to hit his hands. so he should of caught the ball. looked to me like he just didnt expect the ball thrown so hard and just went through his hands and him in the chest or shoulder, i dont remember.

18. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 A True Fan

They were playing the Steelers, although some may say they rigged the Super Bowl but you cannot deny the fact that they have a killer D. Give Culpepper and Chambers time to gel. Booker and Welker looked a lot better than anyone because of a lot of attention being drawn to Culpepper, Chambers, and Ronnie Brown. If you tell me that's not true, then you've seriously got to be kidding me.

19. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon A True Fan

yea and Chambers didn't even have a bad game IMO.

20. Fresh

Fresh A True Fan

He was wide open down the field twice, and underthrown both times.

I have no worries, honestly - Pep & Chambers will get it together....

21. Disnardo

Disnardo Premium Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to admit players are not perfect...

and I have to admit, I believe that ball that CC dropped at the EZ, hit him square in the facemask...:boohoo:

darn you Daunte why did you have to throw it there...:tantrum:

you all know I am kidding right...:wink:

22. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon A True Fan

agreed 100%

23. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

LMAO

Was a tuff catch, but a catch I expect Chris to make . . . don't care if it wasn't placed right . . . Chris is our number one playmaker at WR on this team and we needed him to make that grab. I'm not gonna bash Chambers for that tho . . .but anybody denying that was a catchable ball is sorely mistaken.

24. FIN-IN-RI

FIN-IN-RI A True Fan

Agreed.

In fairness to CC though, Pepp also wasn't exactly crisp in getting the balls to him either.

Like Blueprint said though, It won't take long for them to click.

25. Majpain

Majpain Giants GM

Okay the only drop that stands out is the Endzone one. The other were badly thrown.

26. Kdawg954

Too put it plain and simply . . . for us to be big time players in the AFC this year . . . we need to hear alot of CPep to Chambers . . . whether it was thrown badly or dropped . . . it doesn't really matter because everybody knows in the passing game who the 2 guys need to be . . . and a drop or bad pass isn't gonna change any of that.

27. HysterikiLL

HysterikiLL A True Fan

what the hell are you blaming wes for?

28. Kdawg954

read it again playa, he said he don't blame Ronnie or Wes

29. jlfin

jlfin old pro

That small margin is what separates the good ones (Chambers) from the elite ones.
    Chambers isn't consistent enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Chad Johnson, T.O., Harrison etc.

30. zackmandude63

zackmandude63 Poconos Phinatic!

it looked like to me like the defender got his hand on the ball during that touchdown drop

31. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Incidentally, where the heck was McMichael?
    He had a shot at a nice gain in the 4th quarter to sustain a drive, but he dropped when he got hit.
    He's soft too.

32. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

Randy is soft? hes far from soft. he dropped that ball, but most people in the league would of. it was a perfectly timed hit.

i guess you missed all the games where he fought for the first down or fought through hits and tackles for more yards...

hes FAR from soft.

33. Fresh

Fresh A True Fan

I'm surprised too, because usually McMichael's game is to look like a Pro Bowler for the first 6-8 weeks, then disappear..

He's the most overrated player on the team, period.

34. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

yea ronnie and wes are the only 2 people i dont put blame on. they both played great.

35. DonShula84

DonShula84 Sporty Don

This thread has a very long title

36. ih8brady

ih8brady 2008 AFC East Champions

Yes there is no excuse for not being 9 foot tall, :shakeno: that pass was wayyy too high. DC was a bit rusty and his timing was off but things will get better.

This thread= :down:

37. Stitches

Stitches I love Mindwarp

Yea, I replayed it on my DVR when it happened, and it looked like Ike got a hand in there. The only one I thought Chris actually dropped was one where Plomalou jumped the route, and just missed the ball. and him passing in front of Chris seemed to break his concentration, because it hit him in the hands.

38. FIN-IN-RI

FIN-IN-RI A True Fan

No. The throw in the endzone that CC dropped was put in the only place where CC could grab it. Incedently, the ball bounced off of his hands and out of bounds. The play calling thereafter also, left much to be desired.

39. FIN-IN-RI

FIN-IN-RI A True Fan

That ball was underthrown. IMO.

40. jlfin

jlfin old pro

He was invisible in THIS game. I have seen him numerous times. If I recall he disappeared 2 seasons ago when we played the Pats and Harrison got into his head.
    Stats mean nothing. I want to see who shows up to play when we play the good teams.
    Guys like MIchael Irvin and Jerry Rice took it to another level when the competition heated up.
    Chambers and McMichael wilt against top competition. Ike Taylor is a good CB, but he's not one of the top 5 in the league IMO and he completely shutdown Chambers. Chambers should be holding his head in shame for his performance.

41. Tupac Shakur

Tupac Shakur troublesome Finheaven VIP Donator

:yeahthat:

42. FIN-IN-RI

FIN-IN-RI A True Fan

Hey Pac, I'll be over in about 2 hours. We'll hit up 662 tonight.

43. chrisjp

chrisjp FINS

Chambers Is One Of The Elite Receivers In The League. You Will See By The End Of The Season. Culpepper And Chambers Will Be A Great Combination. Chambers Makes Some Of The Most Impressive Catches In The League. Blame The Secondary For This Loss. Three Touchdowns Given Up To Charlie Batch. Enough Said!!!

44. jlfin

jlfin old pro

CC has to prove it in a meaningful game i.e end of the year for the division lead or in the playoffs.

45. anzsom

anzsom Samoan Warrior

I agree :lol:

46. anzsom

anzsom Samoan Warrior

Absolutely....the secondary will be our weakness this season

47. ItsOurTime32

ItsOurTime32 Well-Known Member

nothin you can do about that the steeler defender punched the ball out right when it got there
    his hand was inbetween chamber's hands

48. aleta

aleta Seasoned Veteran

ok!!

It was only one ,6 points drop ,thats sound better to you now. This game was loss not by one player, it was a team effort to loss this game in the end of the 4 quater and some help from the blind refs. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

49. aleta

aleta Seasoned Veteran

Nop!!

That is not correct, that was a sure td but he wasn't concentrate. That thing happen and he will get scream at during this week for it. Even Saban will scream at himself for not trhouwing that red flag into the ref eyes. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

50. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon A True Fan

I've been saying this for the past few years now. I love McMike but he has been overrated a bit. He has a huge stretch of games and then becomes absolutely invisable. He is our vocal leader on offense and he needs to start playing better.