Just Chambers had a1000 season doesnt mean he isn't part to blame for loss at Pitt. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Chambers had a1000 season doesnt mean he isn't part to blame for loss at Pitt.

chrisjp said:
Chambers Is One Of The Elite Receivers In The League. You Will See By The End Of The Season. Culpepper And Chambers Will Be A Great Combination. Chambers Makes Some Of The Most Impressive Catches In The League. Blame The Secondary For This Loss. Three Touchdowns Given Up To Charlie Batch. Enough Said!!!

Absolutely....the secondary will be our weakness this season

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
The ball that Chambers had in the endzone SHOULD'VE been caught. It was right at his hands for crying out loud. Daunte can't be faulted at all for that one. Chambers HAS to make that catch :fire:

nothin you can do about that the steeler defender punched the ball out right when it got there
his hand was inbetween chamber's hands

ok!!

Nappy Roots said:
Chris dropped 1 ball.....he definitly should of caught it, but your making it sound like you went back to watch it and he dropped 5 balls...

It was only one ,6 points drop ,thats sound better to you now. This game was loss not by one player, it was a team effort to loss this game in the end of the 4 quater and some help from the blind refs. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

Nop!!

ItsOurTime32 said:
nothin you can do about that the steeler defender punched the ball out right when it got there
his hand was inbetween chamber's hands

That is not correct, that was a sure td but he wasn't concentrate. That thing happen and he will get scream at during this week for it. Even Saban will scream at himself for not trhouwing that red flag into the ref eyes. GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

The Blueprint said:
I'm surprised too, because usually McMichael's game is to look like a Pro Bowler for the first 6-8 weeks, then disappear..

He's the most overrated player on the team, period.

I've been saying this for the past few years now. I love McMike but he has been overrated a bit. He has a huge stretch of games and then becomes absolutely invisable. He is our vocal leader on offense and he needs to start playing better.

The Blueprint said:
Half-*** effort? There was nothing he could do about that pass. He was about 5-yards ahead of where the ball was thrown and his body was in motion of moving forward. He was uncovered so he just ran as fast as he could, and if that ball is thrown ahead of the safety like it should've been, then it's a touchdown and we're up 24-21. In no way, shape, or form can you blame Chambers there.

That TD pass also hit him in the shoulders and it should've been thrown more to the outside, which is where he expected it. The next play, he was wide open in the endzone again, and Culpepper threw it way over him and should've been picked off.

There was another deep route in the 2nd Q where Chambers beat Ike Taylor and he had to come back and fight for the ball so it wasn't intercepted.

I seems like you and I watched a different game than these guys? Chambers should of caught the shoulder hit pass but he played good. DC just was throwing a bit quickly and sparacticly in his Dolphins first game. Overall I am pleased with DC but our secondary are alway in the chase?:dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

Rocky Raccoon said:
dude what's your problem with Chambers? This is at least the seocnd thread you started bashing him since Thursday.

At least its not the 100th dante thread, 50th saban thread, 20th ronnie thread. Those are two chambers threads!

I disagree Randy is one of the hardest playin players in the league. How many guys put there bodies on the line mcmike when he out there hurdling people just for a few extra yards to help the team. How can u expect mcmike to catch balls that arent thrown his way. If you look at the pomalu int u will see daunte had mcmike open and mcmike seemed pissed off that the ball wasnt thrown to him. Daunte isnt spreadin the ball to playmakers on the team. Early on he went to booker all the time then to welker then to chambers. He needs to spread it consistently and stop lockin on wr's so defences dont get picks like steelers did.

jlfin said:
He was invisible in THIS game. I have seen him numerous times. If I recall he disappeared 2 seasons ago when we played the Pats and Harrison got into his head.
Stats mean nothing. I want to see who shows up to play when we play the good teams.
Guys like MIchael Irvin and Jerry Rice took it to another level when the competition heated up.
Chambers and McMichael wilt against top competition. Ike Taylor is a good CB, but he's not one of the top 5 in the league IMO and he completely shutdown Chambers. Chambers should be holding his head in shame for his performance.

Shut him down? Do you realize that Chambers was open quite a bit of times, and if one of those passes came to him it would not be a shutdown, because Chambers would have 100 yards or close to 100 yards receiving. The overthrow in the endzone that was almost picked off, the one where he was open deep, a sideline pass. The interception where he was past Ike Taylor, but Culpepper underthrew the ball, which Polumalu picked off. And don't even blame Chambers for not breaking it up, he was running full steam and was excpecting it to go over him or to him not way behind him, which once he knew that it was underthrown he was already in mid stride, so the only thing he could do was adjust his body while moving. Do you know most top no.1 WRs catch about 6-8 catches as game, it's not like they catch 15 in a game. And most don't have or provide more opportunities, the ball just gets to them when they are open, thus separating an average game to a good game.

Santana Moss had a good game against the Cowboys last year in the 14-13 comeback, he was stopped for most of the game until 4minutes and then he catches two back to back deep passes for TDs. Without those catches he would have had an ordinary game or was shutdown, he didn't get open or provide any more opportunites than Chambers, it's just that Brunell capitialized on the times he was open. Chambers was getting open, and he wasn't figured into the offense until the 2nd half.

Don't be foolish, if he's the reason Miami lost that game then turn in your membership. One game does not make a season and it sure as hell doesn't come down to one player who didn't get too many balls thrown his way until late. Even the announcers thought they should have gone to him more.

oh man oh man on that endzone drop i think chris didnt read the ball fast enought also he made a great catch he jumped super high , i think chris is agressive with his hands and is agreesive but theres something missing he doesnt look agressive catching the ball in traffic but chris is a Circus catch artist

Back
Top Bottom