Just Chambers had a1000 season doesnt mean he isn't part to blame for loss at Pitt. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Chambers had a1000 season doesnt mean he isn't part to blame for loss at Pitt.

Kdawg954 said:
Too put it plain and simply . . . for us to be big time players in the AFC this year . . . we need to hear alot of CPep to Chambers . . . whether it was thrown badly or dropped . . . it doesn't really matter because everybody knows in the passing game who the 2 guys need to be . . . and a drop or bad pass isn't gonna change any of that.

Incidentally, where the heck was McMichael?
He had a shot at a nice gain in the 4th quarter to sustain a drive, but he dropped when he got hit.
He's soft too.

jlfin said:
He had a shot at a nice gain in the 4th quarter to sustain a drive, but he dropped when he got hit.
He's soft too.

Randy is soft? hes far from soft. he dropped that ball, but most people in the league would of. it was a perfectly timed hit.

i guess you missed all the games where he fought for the first down or fought through hits and tackles for more yards...

hes FAR from soft.

jlfin said:
He's soft too.
I'm surprised too, because usually McMichael's game is to look like a Pro Bowler for the first 6-8 weeks, then disappear..

He's the most overrated player on the team, period.

juniorseau55 said:
I can actually go back and rewatch the game and see how many catches he dropped at most critical times. Dante didn't have his best throws but we should all be blessed that he is playing this game because back months ago we didnt plan on playing Dante by this time. However, its inexcusable for chambers to not catch those passes in the endzone that could have been caught. Sometimes he didn't even look concentrated when he was playing. I am really dissapointed on his part. He wasn't even double teamed half of the time and was beat by Ike Taylor like a sagging old frog.

I expected him to play better than he did. Booker had a freak accident and managed to come back in time to help us win. Welker, I don't even need to mention. The sad part is, you guys are capable of blaming Ronnie Brown for not running the whole team over for massive touchdowns. Ronnie actually made 3rd down plays by catching and receiving but people still flame him to death for no reason.

Yea Chambers had a good season last year but for the lack of effort on thursday it makes me think that he's very inconsistent. Something he has never been able to built in his career, even with horrible qb's.

Yes there is no excuse for not being 9 foot tall, :shakeno: that pass was wayyy too high. DC was a bit rusty and his timing was off but things will get better.

This thread= :down:

zackmandude63 said:
it looked like to me like the defender got his hand on the ball during that touchdown drop

Yea, I replayed it on my DVR when it happened, and it looked like Ike got a hand in there. The only one I thought Chris actually dropped was one where Plomalou jumped the route, and just missed the ball. and him passing in front of Chris seemed to break his concentration, because it hit him in the hands.

ih8brady said:
Yes there is no excuse for not being 9 foot tall, :shakeno: that pass was wayyy too high. DC was a bit rusty and his timing was off but things will get better.

This thread= :down:

No. The throw in the endzone that CC dropped was put in the only place where CC could grab it. Incedently, the ball bounced off of his hands and out of bounds. The play calling thereafter also, left much to be desired.

Frisches13283 said:
Yea, I replayed it on my DVR when it happened, and it looked like Ike got a hand in there. The only one I thought Chris actually dropped was one where Plomalou jumped the route, and just missed the ball. and him passing in front of Chris seemed to break his concentration, because it hit him in the hands.

That ball was underthrown. IMO.

Nappy Roots said:
Randy is soft? hes far from soft. he dropped that ball, but most people in the league would of. it was a perfectly timed hit.

i guess you missed all the games where he fought for the first down or fought through hits and tackles for more yards...

hes FAR from soft.

He was invisible in THIS game. I have seen him numerous times. If I recall he disappeared 2 seasons ago when we played the Pats and Harrison got into his head.
Stats mean nothing. I want to see who shows up to play when we play the good teams.
Guys like MIchael Irvin and Jerry Rice took it to another level when the competition heated up.
Chambers and McMichael wilt against top competition. Ike Taylor is a good CB, but he's not one of the top 5 in the league IMO and he completely shutdown Chambers. Chambers should be holding his head in shame for his performance.

DefensiveEnd#76 said:
The thing that has always ticked me off about Chambers is that the guy doesn't play aggressive. He lets DBs dictate to him too often. When he needs to come back and fight for the ball he doesn't do it.
:yeahthat:

Chambers Is One Of The Elite Receivers In The League. You Will See By The End Of The Season. Culpepper And Chambers Will Be A Great Combination. Chambers Makes Some Of The Most Impressive Catches In The League. Blame The Secondary For This Loss. Three Touchdowns Given Up To Charlie Batch. Enough Said!!!

chrisjp said:
Chambers Is One Of The Elite Receivers In The League. You Will See By The End Of The Season. Culpepper And Chambers Will Be A Great Combination. Chambers Makes Some Of The Most Impressive Catches In The League. Blame The Secondary For This Loss. Three Touchdowns Given Up To Charlie Batch. Enough Said!!!

CC has to prove it in a meaningful game i.e end of the year for the division lead or in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom