Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, who do you target in next years draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, who do you target in next years draft?

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
I cant claim to be experts on any 3 of these guys but according to cbs sports these are the top 3 prospects in the next years draft at WR. I read some scouting reports that say Justin Hunter is the second coming of AJ Green. What do you guys think, who should we target? what if our WR core looked like this next years:

Justin Hunter
Brian Hartline
Devon Bess
Jabar Gaffney (he's only 31)
Anthony Armstrong/Rishard Matthews

not sure about next year, but i would target hartline alot this year. dudes a beast.

Great question. I like them all. If Hunter checks outs, he may fill the biggest need since he is 6'4 and can run. Ireland may have trouble passing on him.

Having said that, I like Keenan Allen and Woods is being talked about so much as over-rated that he is becoming under-rated due to paralysis by analysis.

Best case: Hunter, Hartline, Bess, Matthews, Mike Wallace. Miami's receiving corp would become very good over night.

I cant claim to be experts on any 3 of these guys but according to cbs sports these are the top 3 prospects in the next years draft at WR. I read some scouting reports that say Justin Hunter is the second coming of AJ Green. What do you guys think, who should we target? what if our WR core looked like this next years:

Justin Hunter
Brian Hartline
Devon Bess
Jabar Gaffney (he's only 31)
Anthony Armstrong/Rishard Matthews

Justin Hunter is going to be a star.....but we will to trade to get him most likely :-(

ACL tear for Hunter worries me to take a guy in the 1st round, but the guy is very good. Only problem is there is NO legit #1 WR in the draft this year, so I think I'd rather sign a FA instead of draft a WR.

Mike Wallace and draft woods or hunter with bess and hartline and we might have a top 3 WR corp. I just hope we also get a decent TE.

I have been recently looking up all of our possibilities, including Hunter, Woods, Tavon Austin and the other WR's in this upcoming draft. I feel if we have a high enough pick to grab Hunter than we need too, he WILL be a star. The guy has superglue on his hands and runs crisp routes. And above all, he is a respectable hard nosed player who is all about the TEAM first. A prototypical Philbin player. If we cant land him than there are many other playmakers in this draft too. With 5 picks in the Top 100 prospects, we will do great in this draft. Also Ireland has said that he is willing to trade up in the draft if he needs too, there has NOT been ONE DRAFT where Ireland hasnt made a trade, he LOVES to wheel and deal. Things are looking up in Miami, expect our offense to be one of the best in the next few years.:hclap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Wallace is not coming. No quality free agents come to Miami thanks to Jeff Ireland.

Hunter has the highest ceiling of those you mentioned...but he is also the most raw. If I am going to spend a 1st rounder on a receiver It better be on someone who is going to make an immediate impact. You also left on Marquess Wilson who is a stud. Steadman Bailey in the 2nd would be a great idea as well. Best case scenario would be to get a guy like Jennings in FA and then add Bailey in the 2nd. Then you have a 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rds to add another pass rusher, CB, S, and TE (or BPA those are just positions of need IMO)

Hunter has the highest ceiling of those you mentioned...but he is also the most raw. If I am going to spend a 1st rounder on a receiver It better be on someone who is going to make an immediate impact. You also left on Marquess Wilson who is a stud. Steadman Bailey in the 2nd would be a great idea as well. Best case scenario would be to get a guy like Jennings in FA and then add Bailey in the 2nd. Then you have a 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rds to add another pass rusher, CB, S, and TE (or BPA those are just positions of need IMO)
That's how I'd attack it as well. Would love to see Miami get at least one impact pass rusher in this draft, but even better if they landed two. If the team can partially solve the wr issue in free agency it really opens up some nice possibilities in the draft. I might take CK's guy Bjoern Werner in round 1, Steadman Bailey and Chase Thomas in round 2. Something like that.

No doubt we need another WR opposite Hartline, but I can't imagine how we let one of the top notch pass rushers coming out this year go by. Both are big needs and WRs are easier to come by in FA and/or trades, IMO. The quality of pass rusher this year is far higher than WR.

Back
Top Bottom