Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, who do you target in next years draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, who do you target in next years draft?

I think you can see the potential in Justin Hunter's body and movement skills, and it's pretty well to remember coming off an ACL injury that first year back is no picnic.

I think you can see the potential in Justin Hunter's body and movement skills, and it's pretty well to remember coming off an ACL injury that first year back is no picnic.
Not seeing it with Justin Hunter ck. You've turned me on to Wilson though...good looking prospect. Still don't understand why there's no love for Quinton Patton. I also like Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams (if he runs well at the combine he's going to shoot up boards), DeAndre Hopkins and Stedman Bailey. I've got more games to watch though.

Not seeing it with Justin Hunter ck. You've turned me on to Wilson though...good looking prospect. Still don't understand why there's no love for Quinton Patton. I also like Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams (if he runs well at the combine he's going to shoot up boards), DeAndre Hopkins and Stedman Bailey. I've got more games to watch though.

Williams is such a good route runner. Such an underrated prospect.

I like Woods or Bailey in the 2nd. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted both.
I don't think Woods will fall to the 2nd...he has a ton of hype. I think he will go somewhere around the early 20s. But Im with you...Im all for helping make this defense elite...but surrounding Tannehill with as many weapons as possible is going to make the biggest difference IMO and that should be the priority.

Fine...maybe his "explosiveness" is not quite there. But does that explain his drops? Florida was atrocious game for him.

I am in total agrement with you on Justin Hunter. Now, Stedman Bailey jumps at you it's HARD not to notice that guy on the field. You feel his energy through the tube! You feel big play, explosiveness and oh, DB i'm going to kick your ****ing ass today. Hunter leaves me limp!

There's no one way to skin the cat on this. There's no formula, no alchemy, no checkboxes. There are some guys you draft because they get you excited about the present and then there are some guys you draft because they get you excited about the future. Justin Hunter definitely falls into the latter category. He's still filling out his body (IMO he's filled out a lot since last year), still learning to move with that combination of frame, speed and quickness, still learning to be a receiver. But with him there's something there that isn't there with most other guys you find.

Personally I think when a receiver struggles right away coming back from an ACL injury, that's pretty common. He's not going to look totally fluid because of a lack of confidence, and it can also translate to drops. I'd like to see how he looks as he rounds out the end of the college season and when Tennessee gets into a bowl game, I'd like to see that as well because there will be a good month's worth of practice leading into that, and sometimes college guys make a significant jump in that month.

I love Stedman Bailey, Marquess Wilson and Keenan Allen. I also like DeAndre Hopkins who is really stepping up this year and making people say Sammy Who. Robert Woods is a good player. After that it gets difficult.

At the beginning of the season, I thought Miami would be around 5-11 and pick top 10. Now, I think they could be closer to 8-8. The coaching staff is doing a really good job preparing this team week in and week out and Ryan Tannehill continues to improve. So, if we're around .500 I think Keenan Allen will be gone. Justin Hunter might be there, but I could see him going pretty quickly as well. Those are the top two guys in my humble opinion. If those two are gone, then Robert Woods or Stedman Bailey would seemingly be targets for the Dolphins. I kind of see both of them as late first rounders.

At the beginning of the season, I thought Miami would be around 5-11 and pick top 10. Now, I think they could be closer to 8-8. The coaching staff is doing a really good job preparing this team week in and week out and Ryan Tannehill continues to improve. So, if we're around .500 I think Keenan Allen will be gone. Justin Hunter might be there, but I could see him going pretty quickly as well. Those are the top two guys in my humble opinion. If those two are gone, then Robert Woods or Stedman Bailey would seemingly be targets for the Dolphins. I kind of see both of them as late first rounders.
Woods is another guy I'm not liking. He may be OK as a slot receiver at the next level but I don't see him as a play maker on the outside. I don't see the explosion there, I don't see a guy getting any YAC this year...8.8 ypc is pretty bad against some fairly weak competition (Hawaii, Syracuse, Stanford, Cal and Utah is who've they've played).

Woods is another guy I'm not liking. He may be OK as a slot receiver at the next level but I don't see him as a play maker on the outside. I don't see the explosion there, I don't see a guy getting any YAC this year...8.8 ypc is pretty bad against some fairly weak competition (Hawaii, Syracuse, Stanford, Cal and Utah is who've they've played).
That is somewhat of a concern. But he also catches a ridiculous amount of WR screens, etc that can lower that number

I think both Woods and Hopkins would look comfortable playing Split End and being possession receivers. I don't think either needs to move to the slot.

He has been dealing with a bum ankle the past season and a half. I'm curious to see what a healthy Robert Woods looks like. Haven't seen it since his freshman year.

Also, keep in mind a large chunk of Woods' receptions are bubble screens. Kiffin has an addiction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bum ankle mixed with USC offense makes it more difficult for Woods to get the kind of stats that Marqise Lee is getting. Lee is going to end up being the better receiver, but Woods is extremely talented in his own right.

He has been dealing with a bum ankle the past season and a half. I'm curious to see what a healthy Robert Woods looks like. Haven't seen it since his freshman year.

Also, keep in mind a large chunk of Woods' receptions are bubble screens. Kiffin has an addiction.
That's my concern. He looked best his freshman year and either due to injury or whatever he hasn't developed. I'm just not banking on a healthy Woods being better than he is now when there are other options. Now if he slips to the 4th round or later then he may be worth the risk then I'm just not spending a high pick on this kid.

Egnew ran a bunch of bubble screens and look how much he's struggling to get a hold of the offense. Pearcy Harvin is another guy that did that a lot at Florida and he still doesn't run good routes. Harvin has elite speed though so they still run a lot of short passes and screen plays to him now, just get the ball in his hands and let his speed and elusiveness do the rest but Woods doesn't have those elite skill...not that I've noticed anyway.

That's my concern. He looked best his freshman year and either due to injury or whatever he hasn't developed. I'm just not banking on a healthy Woods being better than he is now when there are other options. Now if he slips to the 4th round or later then he may be worth the risk then I'm just not spending a high pick on this kid.

Egnew ran a bunch of bubble screens and look how much he's struggling to get a hold of the offense. Pearcy Harvin is another guy that did that a lot at Florida and he still doesn't run good routes. Harvin has elite speed though so they still run a lot of short passes and screen plays to him now, just get the ball in his hands and let his speed and elusiveness do the rest but Woods doesn't have those elite skill...not that I've noticed anyway.
I think you're selling him a bit short here. I wasn't say Woods operates out of a Mickey Mouse offense where he only runs bubble screens. I don't see why he would have troubling grasping an NFL offense. However, the fact that he does catch a fair amount of bubble screens naturally means his YPC should be lower. He may not be worth a 1st, but I don't think anything has changed to warrant knocking him down to the 4th.

Back
Top Bottom