Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video)

My sentence was actually written as a conclusion to a theory. Therefore, not fact.

the·o·ry Pronunciation: \ˈthē-ə-rē, ˈthir-ē\ Function:noun Inflected Form(s):plural the·o·riesEtymology:Late Latin theoria, from Greek theōria, from theōreinDate:1592 1: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another2: abstract thought : speculation3: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>4 a: a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn> b: an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory<in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>5: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>6 a: a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b: an unproved assumption : conjecture c: a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>synonyms see hypothesis

Oh so now it's a theory? Man according to you that sentence has changed criteria about 4 times. Yet you refuse to acknowledge what it was intnded to be, a fact. Nothing in the sentence would suggest anything other than it was written as a fact, no matter how you try.

Kiper's wrong. This was a no-brainer. On the heels of Joe Thomas's rookie campaign, you have an LT available in a linchpin position of need who in many categories outshone Thomas's college career. On the other hand, you have a QB who's top rated in his class, with a proclivity for throwing interceptions and a questionable release, on the heels of other top 10 recently selected QBs including Russell, Leinart and Young who competed at a higher level than Ryan and have fallen short of expectations. Not just the smart thing, but the only thing to do is draft the franchise Left Tackle.

It's easy for Kiper, who ranks tied for 29th in the Huddle Report's 08 accuracy rating to spout off about a team that has to live and die with their decisions. If he was held responsible for his "recommendations" he'd be long off ESPN; some examples:

Mel Kiper’s Take: “Leinart could of been the #1 pick in 2005, but decide to come back to get even better. This guy is a leader, and is exactly what a young team like the Titans need. I don’t think the Titans could of messed this pick up, with Young and Leinart being there at number three. He has good size, a strong enough arm, and he is the smartest QB in the draft.”[/I]

Mel Kiper’s Take: “I love VVince Young. He is the 3rd player on my board, and I think he has a great chance to be a superstar in the NFL. Let me rephrase that, he will be a superstar in the NFL. With the right coaching and time to learn, the sky is the limit. He fits everything teams love for a QB: Big, fast, strong arm, and he is a leader. What more could you ask for from the QB position?”

4. JaMarcus Russell*, QB, LSU (6-6, 260)
Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm, and his decision-making improved significantly in 2006.

Bottom-line, once Cam and Randy passed up Quinn at 9 (and I'm glad we did since his stats are no better than Beck's..but we should have taken Willis) which would have made Kiper look like a genius cause he predicted Quinn would drop to The Fins, effectively again making him look bad, he's had a hard-on for our team. Based on his overall batting average on recent QBs and his anger at the Fins for not validating his prediction, I sure wouldn't take anything he says with even a single a grain of salt!

16axjb9-1.jpg

just for the record.....Page 10 of a Kiper thread? With attention like that, can't say he sucks as a broadcaster. He gets attention and stirs the pot. If it was a discussion without merit, it woulld be a 2 page Armando piece.

Jake Long was the smart pick at number one last year. We needed help at the offense to improve a running game that had the potential to be one of the best in the NFL. I'm glad Ryan is doing so well, but he would not have been nearly as successful if we had taken him in Miami. Jake Long now gives us an elite LT that we have not had since Richmond Webb left and still gave us a chance to get our QB of the future in late round two.

I know. Kiper is crazy. He usually has good insight, but this mancrush on Stafford is dumb. I go to UGA and watched Stafford last season. He was terrible most of the time. He would have huge games against crappy teams, and that was it. He has the attitude of a Ryan Leaf instead of a Big Ben or a Peyton Manning.

I am from GA, and I have watched Stafford alot, and I have to disagree with you here. Stafford will be a star in the NFL. maybe not right way, but he is a gamer man. He can do it all. Just needs to land in the right system and not be rushed into starting.

Kiper is awesome and wildly entertaining. He is wrong about Ryan, however. Ryan would not have been nearly as successful in Miami because he would be picking himself up off the turf every other play. Miami made the right choice by taking a LT. In reference to Ryan, I'll use my old line " You don't buy a new Rolls Royce to park in the garage when that garage has a leaky roof."

The Lions should also take an O-lineman. I love Stafford (I would LOVE to trade up to get him but that will never happen). BTW, I would also have traded for Jay Cutler in a second.

To get back on subject, Kiper lives in a closet for eight months out of the year. Every January ESPN dusts him off and brings him out. In may, it's back to the closet to collect dust. It is his job to make predictions, second-guess, etc. It's alos his job to create some controversy to keep people talking.

Enough already, we needed and anchor on the left side for the next 10 years, and Long was what we needed, no regrets...We have the Chad's and all is good! :)

Back
Top Bottom