Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video)

hopefully henne pans out and this will never be a real issue for us.

My argument is that a franchise QB is more important than...well, quite frankly...any other player on the team...period. At this point, as Ryan is looking to be a franchise QB...then he would have been the better pick.

But, don't go too overboard in the argument here. I am not disappointed in Jake at all. At the time, I believe we made the right decision because I was not impressed with Ryan in college...I was wrong.

Naaa I didnt think you was disappointed with Jake. How could you be LOL. My point is this is a premature argument

Well, sure. That is my speculation. I thought people would get that, but, for those that don't;

Everything I post on this board is my specualtion. I am not Bill Parcells, nor Jeff Ireland, and, not Coach Sparano. I am not an employee of the Miami Dolphins, nor a relative of one. Everything I post is my opinion with no basis other than what I can glean from all availiable sources.

As you quite rightly point out, Ryan was never in the discussion, AFAIK. I don't think Ryan was on TunaCo's radar. As it turns out, that may or may not've been a good thing. I have not said that I disagree with the Long pick, but, I also see the otherside of the coin haveing merit.

Thank you for clearing that up, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, sure. That is my speculation. I thought people would get that, but, for those that don't;

Everything I post on this board is my specualtion. I am not Bill Parcells, nor Jeff Ireland, and, not Coach Sparano. I am not an employee of the Miami Dolphins, nor a relative of one. Everything I post is my opinion with no basis other than what I can glean from all availiable sources.

As you quite rightly point out, Ryan was never in the discussion, AFAIK. I don't think Ryan was on TunaCo's radar. As it turns out, that may or may not've been a good thing. I have not said that I disagree with the Long pick, but, I also see the otherside of the coin haveing merit.

Speculating is fine, but you didn't say BP and co took Long as the "safe pick" as speculation, you said it as fact, there was no speculation in your sentence. Not trying to be picky here, but way too many times people take what they hear from these so called experts and inject it into their own views.

The bottom line is Jake Long was drafted by Miami and Ryan wasn't, so it really doesn't matter what Kiper thinks.

Speculating is fine, but you didn't say BP and co took Long as the "safe pick" as speculation, you said it as fact, there was no speculation in your sentence. Not trying to be picky here, but way too many times people take what they hear from these so called experts and inject it into their own views.

The bottom line is Jake Long was drafted by Miami and Ryan wasn't, so it really doesn't matter what Kiper thinks.

I'm fine with what you said. Again, I figgured that people would assume that opinion on a messageboard is opinion and not fact.

I stand by my opinion.

Anything that is stated here on this board is opinion, though. Your opinion, my opinion, anyone's opinion. Stats can be interpreted... Performance can be viewed in different lights...It's all opinion.

That's the point of a messageboard, though, right?

I'm fine with what you said. Again, I figgured that people would assume that opinion on a messageboard is opinion and not fact.

I stand by my opinion.

Anything that is stated here on this board is opinion, though. Your opinion, my opinion, anyone's opinion. Stats can be interpreted... Performance can be viewed in different lights...It's all opinion.

Opinion is always "part" of message board content, but there are also facts that can be part of the content. Not everything you read on message boards is opinion or speculation, based on you sentence I don't know if you have inside information the rest of us don't..

I stand by my opinion.

All this time I thought the point of this message board was just a format to confirm how I am always right and illustrate to everyone else that they shouldl isten to me more often and accept what I say as facts. Wow all this time I have been very missguided by own delusions of grandeur

Opinion is always "part" of message board content, but there are also facts that can be part of the content. Not everything you read on message boards is opinion or speculation.

Actually, you can argue just about everything is when it comes to sports. I can say.."Jake Long made the Pro Bowl" and I would be correct. That is fact. Unquestionably, he did.

I could also say;
"Jake Long Deserved/didn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl because....." and that, plus, everything after is all opinion and speculation.

You are certainly correct in saying not everything you read on a messageboard is opinion or speculation. I mean....If I say the weather in Miami was 82 Degrees and Sunny according to the barometers at the Airport...That's fact as long as you state the right date and time.

EVERYTHING other than what is proven, is opinion. And only those things which don't have different angles are proven, except in peoples opinions.

EVERYTHING other than what is proven, is opinion. And only those things which don't have different angles are proven, except in peoples opinions.

I disagree, by using words like IMO, I assume, and I think, you're making it clear this is speculation or opinion.

You wrote,

"BP and Co took Long because he was as close to a sure thing as there was in the draft."

That sentence in no way shape or form suggests speculation or opinion, it clearly suggests fact. Anyone with an ounce of reading skills would come to the same conclusion, no matter where you posted that sentence.
We can continue to go back and forth, but your sentence was misleading if your intent was to speculate.

I disagree, by using words like IMO, I assume, and I think, you're making it clear this is speculation or opinion.

You wrote,

"BP and Co took Long because he was as close to a sure thing as there was in the draft."

That sentence in no way shape or form suggests speculation or opinion, it clearly suggests fact. Anyone with an ounce of reading skills would come to the same conclusion, no matter where you posted that sentence.
We can continue to go back and forth, but your sentence was misleading if your intent was to speculate.

I assume anyone reading my post has cognitive skills above the average 3rd grader. I assume that people that read what I post can figgure out that I wasn't in the war room, and, I don't know what was said. If they don't then, here and now, let me say.....I wasn't and, I didn't.

I assume people can separate opinion from fact on it's face. Obviously, I was wrong.

Can I get a show of hands from all those who assumed that what I said was fact rather than opinion? :lol:

I assume anyone reading my post has cognitive skills above the average 3rd grader. I assume that people that read what I post can figgure out that I wasn't in the war room, and, I don't know what was said. If they don't then, here and now, let me say.....I wasn't and, I didn't.

I assume people can separate opinion from fact on it's face. Obviously, I was wrong.

Can I get a show of hands from all those who assumed that what I said was fact rather than opinion? :lol:

:buttkiss: oops you said hands

Well I'd like to see a show of hands of those who know what happens when you ASSUME.

Well I'd like to see a show of hands of those who know what happens when you ASSUME.

Well, personally, I agree with what you are saying. Personally, I'm willing to be made an *** out of, on occasion, but, I always assume the best out of people. I trust that most people here are intelligent enough to know the difference between fact and supposition, but, obviously, I'm wrong.

There are some that can't make the distinction, and I understand that. Children do lack cognitive abilities, so I'd suggest they not be allowed on the board.

Well, personally, I agree with what you are saying. Personally, I'm willing to be made an *** out of, on occasion, but, I always assume the best out of people. I trust that most people here are intelligent enough to know the difference between fact and supposition, but, obviously, I'm wrong.

There are some that can't make the distinction, and I understand that. Children do lack cognitive abilities, so I'd suggest they not be allowed on the board.

Your sentence was written as fact, not opinion, not matter what you assume.

Your sentence was written as fact, not opinion, not matter what you assume.

My sentence was actually written as a conclusion to a theory. Therefore, not fact.

the·o·ry Pronunciation: \ˈthē-ə-rē, ˈthir-ē\ Function:noun Inflected Form(s):plural the·o·riesEtymology:Late Latin theoria, from Greek theōria, from theōreinDate:1592 1: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another2: abstract thought : speculation3: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>4 a: a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn> b: an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory<in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>5: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>6 a: a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation b: an unproved assumption : conjecture c: a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>synonyms see hypothesis

Back
Top Bottom