Kiper suggests Phins interested in AJ McCarron | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper suggests Phins interested in AJ McCarron

Cleo Lemon Syndrome.

Not comparing the 2, but Tony Romo didn't attempt a regular season pass until his fourth year in the league. Devlin is entering his fourth year in the league in 2014. I'm not saying he's good, or even average, but I can't write a guy off if I've never seen him in a game that counts. Some people thrive under pressure and actually step up their level of play when it matters more.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

If he can't earn snaps in practice...

The coaches and staff watch him every day.

Wasn't Philbin enamored with him during Hard Knocks. Every team needs a developmental QB and he's ours. Now whether he actually develops into anything is another story.

Not comparing the 2, but Tony Romo didn't attempt a regular season pass until his fourth year in the league. Devlin is entering his fourth year in the league in 2014. I'm not saying he's good, or even average, but I can't write a guy off if I've never seen him in a game that counts. Some people thrive under pressure and actually step up their level of play when it matters more.

Not to continue to prod you, but I'd stray from anyone compared to anything Romo.

I've come to the conclusion that WVDolphan is clinically insane.

Only picks they should even consider pickin up another QB should be in the 6th, 7th, and UDFA spots in the upcoming draft.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Wasn't Philbin enamored with him during Hard Knocks. Every team needs a developmental QB and he's ours. Now whether he actually develops into anything is another story.

Romo was a special case. We won't see anything like that again in some time. These guys watch Devlin every day in practice and there is a reason why they gave Moore such a healthy contract.

Not to continue to prod you, but I'd stray from anyone compared to anything Romo.

No problem. I know a lot of people have wide ranging opinions on Romo, but it is a fact that he is a multiple Pro Bowler, which I would gladly take in Miami after watching the garbage we've had for the last 14 years.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but how does anyone know whether or not Devlin sucks or is good. Has he ever even taken a regular season snap?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

No Bortles or Johnny Football?

No. Both of them will be busts. Everyone in Cleveland and Jacksonville will be fired in 2-4 years because they are not franchise QB's

No. Both of them will be busts. Everyone in Cleveland and Jacksonville will be fired in 2-4 years because they are not franchise QB's

I can see that with Bortles, but I actually think Manziel will have some success. He has some intangibles. As long as he can keep his nose clean off the field.

Or maybe he is skipping the Sr bowl because if he goes his arm would get exposed compared to all of the other QBs with stronger arms.....

There are lots of mid round quarterback possibilities this year. Mudder listed most of them earlier in this thread. I hope we take a swing. Gruden's Quarterback Camp episodes should be very interesting with those guys spotlighted.

Keep in mind that Smith beat out Fales at Wyoming. Fales ran away when he didn't think he could start ahead of Smith. That type of thing doesn't always work but your batting average would be above .500. Consequently I prefer Smith, regardless of what it looks like on tape.

I like Murray above McCarron. Can't say I've studied it closely. During their college careers my instinct was Murray was a superior pro prospect so I'll default there at this point.

appears those staples have really gone to his head...:rimshot:

that said i think he's a pick in the 50-75 range...latter half of the 2nd round early 3rd

+1 Give me him over Gabbert, Ponder, Locker, Dalton, EJ, Geno etc. Will win games in the NFL with defense and running game. Doesn't turn the ball over.

here's the problem:

1. Mel Kiper works for ESPN
2. Mel hates the phins and disrepects them every chance he gets just like the fla. media and all his cronies at ESPN who fly off the Jonathan Martin handle of paranoid bully master politics.

Back
Top Bottom