Kirk Herbstreit Top Conferences | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kirk Herbstreit Top Conferences

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
They just had the 6 cold fact questions (or whatever it's called) with Herbstreit and he was talking about the best conferences. He did say the SEC was way up there but if there was one conference closing in, it's the Pac-10. Nice to get some respect from the boys over at ESPN for once. I still rank the SEC higher, but I just see the Pac-10 closing the gap quite a bit this year.

How would you rank the conferences?

1. SEC
2. PAC-10
3. BIG 10
4. BIG 12
5. ACC
6. BIG East

That's just my $0.02

BigEast was WAY better than the ACC this past season. But i suppose your going on overall

Switch the Big 12 and the ACC. There are some pretty weak teams in the Big 12. I think within 4 years (could be sooner), the ACC is going to rival the SEC as far as competition goes. If Butch Davis can turn UNC into a BC type team, it could happen soon, with FSU and Miami coming back. As of right now, nothing compares to Auburn, Florida, LSU and Tennessee in the SEC.

Switch the Big 12 and the ACC. There are some pretty weak teams in the Big 12. I think within 4 years (could be sooner), the ACC is going to rival the SEC as far as competition goes. If Butch Davis can turn UNC into a BC type team, it could happen soon, with FSU and Miami coming back. As of right now, nothing compares to Auburn, Florida, LSU and Tennessee in the SEC.

I think the conference that closes the gap is the Pac-10. Every school but Stanford has a shot at a bowl game this upcoming season and could see 6 teams in the top 25 and any given point this season. Oregon, Oregon State, USC, Cal, UCLA and Arizona State all could be in the top 25. Don't count out Arizona or the Washington schools either.

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
3. Pac 10
4. ACC
5. Big East
6. Big 12

I think the conference that closes the gap is the Pac-10. Every school but Stanford has a shot at a bowl game this upcoming season and could see 6 teams in the top 25 and any given point this season. Oregon, Oregon State, USC, Cal, UCLA and Arizona State all could be in the top 25. Don't count out Arizona or the Washington schools either.

But how good are those teams? We know USC is a powerhouse, but what about Cal and Oregon? Two pretty highly rated teams, but I'm not so sure about how good they actually are. I'd like to see them play some good SEC or ACC teams.

But how good are those teams? We know USC is a powerhouse, but what about Cal and Oregon? Two pretty highly rated teams, but I'm not so sure about how good they actually are. I'd like to see them play some good SEC or ACC teams.

I agree, just look at Cal last year, ranked what #10 to start the year? They got pummeled their first game out against Tennessee.

1. SEC
2. Big Ten
3. Pac 10
4. ACC
5. Big East
6. Big 12

I thought it was proven last year how overrated the Big 10 was? Michigan got blown out in the Rose Bowl, and Florida, who may not have had the most talent in the SEC, demolished OSU? Who's the 3rd best team in that conference, Penn State?

I think after this year, the ACC will prove to be the second best (albeit a distant second) conference in the NCAA. Miami, FSU, Va Tech, Clemson, BC...solid squads. Who knows what Wake Forest will do this year, or UVA, Ga Tech, NC State, or even UNC with Butch Davis now. I can't ask for a higher ranking based on how we all played last year, but this year, we'll all be back.

I agree, just look at Cal last year, ranked what #10 to start the year? They got pummeled their first game out against Tennessee.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

I thought it was proven last year how overrated the Big 10 was? Michigan got blown out in the Rose Bowl, and Florida, who may not have had the most talent in the SEC, demolished OSU? Who's the 3rd best team in that conference, Penn State?

I think after this year, the ACC will prove to be the second best (albeit a distant second) conference in the NCAA. Miami, FSU, Va Tech, Clemson, BC...solid squads. Who knows what Wake Forest will do this year, or UVA, Ga Tech, NC State, or even UNC with Butch Davis now. I can't ask for a higher ranking based on how we all played last year, but this year, we'll all be back.

Wisconsin had a very good year last year. I just think top to bottom they are pretty solid, whereas quite a few of the other conferences have a few dominant teams and then a bunch of bottom feeders. I'm basing that solely off of last season I fully expect the ACC to bounce back this season.

Wisconsin had a very good year last year. I just think top to bottom they are pretty solid, whereas quite a few of the other conferences have a few dominant teams and then a bunch of bottom feeders. I'm basing that solely off of last season I fully expect the ACC to bounce back this season.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Wisconsin. I'd put Iowa in there too as far as solid teams go...but a lot of weak teams too. Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State....too many weak teams for me. Some may consider Minnesota and Purdue to be weak teams as well.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Wisconsin. I'd put Iowa in there too as far as solid teams go...but a lot of weak teams too. Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State....too many weak teams for me. Some may consider Minnesota and Purdue to be weak teams as well.

Fair enough. It was pretty close but outcomes aside they did have teams in quite a few of the top Bowls.

Why am I defending the Big Ten??? :lol:

Fair enough. It was pretty close but outcomes aside they did have teams in quite a few of the top Bowls.

Why am I defending the Big Ten??? :lol:

Yeah I was a little surprised to see Wisconsin and Penn State win on New Years....they had some tough opponents. I think we'll learn a lot about Penn state on 9/8 when they play Notre Dame in happy valley. I'm also looking forward to seeing Cristobal and his FIU panthers taking on PSU up there the week before. Wisconsin plays nobody outside of the conference, as usual. But they're up at PSU in October. Should be a good one.

Back
Top Bottom