Kirk Herbstreit Top Conferences | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kirk Herbstreit Top Conferences

Fair enough. It was pretty close but outcomes aside they did have teams in quite a few of the top Bowls.

Why am I defending the Big Ten??? :lol:

I don't know. I was just going to ask you why you care about the Big Ten! LOL

I think as of last year I think the Big East was right there with the Big Ten. Both had three solid teams at the top and not too much else. ACC had a real down year ... Pac Ten really only has one or two real good teams (a bunch of other competitive teams) So they could be number 2... Not sold on it though.

Big 12 is just weak right now. Only one or two decent/good teams. Texas and OU and that is really it.

I don't know. I was just going to ask you why you care about the Big Ten! LOL

I think as of last year I think the Big East was right there with the Big Ten. Both had three solid teams at the top and not too much else. ACC had a real down year ... Pac Ten really only has one or two real good teams (a bunch of other competitive teams) So they could be number 2... Not sold on it though.

Big 12 is just weak right now. Only one or two decent/good teams. Texas and OU and that is really it.

Big Ten is better than the Big East top to bottom. And Big XII has Texas A&M too. Colorado ahs to improve from last year at least, lol.

Big Ten is better than the Big East top to bottom. And Big XII has Texas A&M too. Colorado ahs to improve from last year at least, lol.

I'd hope they could improve from 2-10. Big 12 also has yearly powerhouses Iowa State, Baylor, and Kansas. Missouri, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech aren't anything that great. Miami will show A&M what's up this year as well.
The Big 12 is just a really bad conference. I'd say the Big East is better than the Big 12 at this point. At least they have mediocre but rising programs like Pitt (Wanny's been recruiting well), USF, and Rutgers. Louisville should be exciting this year, and WVU's been good for the past couple years.

I would go

SEC
Pac-10
Big-10
Big-12
ACC
Big East

I think it's funny that years of mediocrity from the lower tiers of the Pac-10, Big 10, Big 12 and Big East is somehow superseded by one bad year by a couple ACC powerhouses. I wonder if USC could dominate the ACC like they dominate the Pac-10.

I think it's funny that years of mediocrity from the lower tiers of the Pac-10, Big 10, Big 12 and Big East is somehow superseded by one bad year by a couple ACC powerhouses. I wonder if USC could dominate the ACC like they dominate the Pac-10.

I have no doubt that USC would dominate the ACC like they do the PAC 10, beyond that I'm just looking at now. The Pac-10 sucking in years past, or the Big East isnt going to influence how they play next year. The ACC can definitely become the 2nd best conference in a matter of no time imo. But as of right now they're pretty mediocre.

I have no doubt that USC would dominate the ACC like they do the PAC 10, beyond that I'm just looking at now. The Pac-10 sucking in years past, or the Big East isnt going to influence how they play next year. The ACC can definitely become the 2nd best conference in a matter of no time imo. But as of right now they suck.

Watch some ACC games some time. That's all I have to say. Watch a Clemson vs. Va Tech game. It's 10/6. Those may be the #3/#4 teams in the ACC this year.

Im serious, where is this UCLA love coming from? They had one miracle win agaisnt USC, a game where USC was the worst they had been since 3Pete? arrived. This whole "the Pac-10 is the 2nd/3rd best conference" to me is bogus. They are the Big XII of the west.

USC and Cal, the rest are for the Sun Bowls of the world. Plus Cal got demolished by USC, so its very top heavy.

1.SEC
2.Big 10
3.Big XII
4.Pac 10
5.ACC
6.Big East

Im serious, where is this UCLA love coming from? They had one miracle win agaisnt USC, a game where USC was the worst they had been since 3Pete? arrived. This whole "the Pac-10 is the 2nd/3rd best conference" to me is bogus. They are the Big XII of the west.

USC and Cal, the rest are for the Sun Bowls of the world. Plus Cal got demolished by USC, so its very top heavy.

1.SEC
2.Big 10
3.Big XII
4.Pac 10
5.ACC
6.Big East

They have the potential to be very good next year, it goes beyond them beating USC.

I have no doubt that USC would dominate the ACC like they do the PAC 10, beyond that I'm just looking at now. The Pac-10 sucking in years past, or the Big East isnt going to influence how they play next year. The ACC can definitely become the 2nd best conference in a matter of no time imo. But as of right now they're pretty mediocre.

See I disagree with that. The quality of the defenses in the ACC is MUCH better than the Pac 10. Would they still be on top? Possibly, but I wouldn't say dominate.

1.SEC
2.Big 10
3.Big XII
4.Pac 10
5.ACC
6.Big East

If thats the case than why do you have the Big XII ranked 3rd?? Or do I even have to ask? :D

I wouldn't say the Pac 10 is nearly as top heavy as the Big XII.

Well if its potential, then the Big XII has alot more imho.

Nebraska is on the rise with Missouri right behind em in terms of young talent.

There defense is young and good, they showed that last year and I dont think they lost any key players on either side of the ball. They were all young last year and now have experience to take the next step. It isnt they have young talent and could be good in the future (that was last year). Where Missouri is at and UCLA isnt similar at all. Niether of those teams you mentioned is expected to be as good as UCLA, you just didnt pay enough attention to them last year, but it's UCLA why would anyone want to pay attention to them ;)

And what puts the Pac-10 ahead of the Big XII to me is that USC is better than any team in the Big XII.

See I disagree with that. The quality of the defenses in the ACC is MUCH better than the Pac 10. Would they still be on top? Possibly, but I wouldn't say dominate.

You're probably right, if they were in the ACC I'd be completely shocked if they didnt win it but perhaps dominate is a strong word.

They just had the 6 cold fact questions (or whatever it's called) with Herbstreit and he was talking about the best conferences. He did say the SEC was way up there but if there was one conference closing in, it's the Pac-10. Nice to get some respect from the boys over at ESPN for once. I still rank the SEC higher, but I just see the Pac-10 closing the gap quite a bit this year.

How would you rank the conferences?

1. SEC
2. PAC-10
3. BIG 10
4. BIG 12
5. ACC
6. BIG East

That's just my $0.02

Who cares what Herbstreit says? He was such a Big Ten Homer last year it wasn't even funny. If he had his way it would have been a Michigan vs Ohio State title game, and nobody would have ever known how overrated the Big Ten was last year.

These guys are amazing at ESPN. If your schools name is Michigan, Ohio State, USC, or Notre Dame (Bowl Game Purpose). You automatically sling shot your conference to the top of the rankings.

I see it like this
1. SEC
2. ACC
3. Big 12
4. Big 10, Pac 10, Big East

Reason for the tied for 4th ranking NO CONFERENCE TITLE GAME!
Get a conference title game and get serious about putting the best team in your conference in the best bowl game. Who cares if Ohio beat Wisconsin in the earlier part of the year, can they do it when it counts and a Bowl game is on the line in a title game? Look at FSU 2 years ago they beat VaTech in the title game and then almost and probably should have beaten the best team in the Big 10 that year Penn State.

Bottom line is your conference gets a lot tougher when there is a conference title game.

Back
Top Bottom