Kirk Herbstreit Top Conferences | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kirk Herbstreit Top Conferences

GinnFinFan, I'm a PSU fan, and I think it's clear the best ball is played in the SEC. Big Ten is second, but I don't think it is nearly as close as you're suggesting. Penn State was like the 4th best Big 10 team last year, but I don't think Tennessee was 4th in SEC. I was honestly ecstatic that PSU didn't have to play a bowl against Auburn again.

Good post :wink:

I don't care where your from or where your board is based the majority of the country would agree that the SEC is top dawg.

Herbie just picked LSU vs. Florida for the SEC Championship game this year.

Also said Tim Tebow will be the team MVP for the SEC.

:D

Look back at this years NFL draft and it clearly settles this debate.

Thank you for bringing this up....
If you were to prove what conference is the best based off of NFL Drafts than you would giving the edge to the Big 10.

Most players from one team taken in a single draft?

14 - The Ohio State University.

Personally--I think that this proves nothing, but since YOU brought it up....

Thank you for bringing this up....
If you were to prove what conference is the best based off of NFL Drafts than you would giving the edge to the Big 10.

Most players from one team taken in a single draft?

14 - The Ohio State University.

Personally--I think that this proves nothing, but since YOU brought it up....

2007 1st rounders
SEC- 11
Big Ten- 6

2nd rounders
SEC- 6
Big Ten- 5

3rd rounders
SEC- 4
Big Ten- 5

4th rounders
SEC- 5
Big Ten- 1

5th rounders
SEC- 2
Big Ten- 7

6th Rounders
SEC- 4
Big Ten- 2

7th Rounders-
SEC- 9
Big Ten- 5

Congrats, the big Ten had more players picked in rounds 3 and 5.

But what is the total number of draftees?
SEC- 41
Big Ten- 31
A whole 10 less.

And even looking at just day one(where arguably the most quality players lie), SEC had 5 more players drafted than the Big Ten(21 to 16).

2007 1st rounders
SEC- 11
Big Ten- 6

2nd rounders
SEC- 6
Big Ten- 5

3rd rounders
SEC- 4
Big Ten- 5

4th rounders
SEC- 5
Big Ten- 1

5th rounders
SEC- 2
Big Ten- 7

6th Rounders
SEC- 4
Big Ten- 2

7th Rounders-
SEC- 9
Big Ten- 5

Congrats, the big Ten had more players picked in rounds 3 and 5.

But what is the total number of draftees?
SEC- 41
Big Ten- 31
A whole 10 less.

And even looking at just day one(where arguably the most quality players lie), SEC had 5 more players drafted than the Big Ten(21 to 16).

Good job Stiches.

The SEC is the best confernce year in and year out bottom line. There is always gunna be other good teams, But not that many are in the same conference like the SEC.

Good job Stiches.

The SEC is the best confernce year in and year out bottom line. There is always gunna be other good teams, But not that many are in the same conference like the SEC.

There is the quote of the thread. THAT says it all.

There is the quote of the thread. THAT says it all.

Yes, and here's the most damning part of that statement. Out of those Big 10 draftees, nearly half were from one school, OSU. Does anyone really want to debate how OSU fairs as a team to the top SEC teams?
So, if one team is far and away the dominant in a conference, yet they are obviously quite inferior to the top teamS in the SEC... Are we really having this discussion???

Back
Top Bottom