Knowing what you knownow, Matt Ryan or Jake Long? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowing what you knownow, Matt Ryan or Jake Long?

I was one of them, and in that situation, clearly if Quinn ended up being a stud, that was a bad draft.

Ginn made an impact from day 1, and Beck fizzled out . . . but so far its starting to look like we made the right choice between those 2 guys.

maybe still way too early to tell, Who knows Quinn might have saved us like 3 second round picks on qb

Yea, especially the way Quinn has been looking so impressive :lol:.

The jury is still out on Quinn. He has only been in 3 games. He actually looked impressive in his first game. He won his second game, even though he wasn't great in that one. He got hurt in his third game.

We may still look back on that pick as a screw up...

Yea, especially the way Quinn has been looking so impressive :lol:.

Well at least he still is with the team that drafted him and will probably be the starter unlike the qb we drafted. I wont put a smiley on that its a sore spot lol

The jury is still out on Quinn. He has only been in 3 games. He actually looked impressive in his first game. He won his second game, even though he wasn't great in that one. He got hurt in his third game.

We may still look back on that pick as a screw up...

He did look OK in game 1, but has not exactly looked very special after that. It's going to be pretty tough for him, I would not be surprised if his confidence is already on it's way down.

Well at least he still is with the team that drafted him and will probably be the starter unlike the qb we drafted. I wont put a smiley on that its a sore spot lol

Lol....that's true, but at least we still have Ginn, and there is a little hope....besides, don't forget, I have a good feeling on Henne.

I will say again Richmond Webb or Dan Marino ,

Forget Marino (one of the best all time), I wouldn't take Webb over any top tier ("franchise") QB in the league. Webb was an outstanding LT, perennial pro-bowler, but not near as valuable as a very good QB.

Long still has a ways to go to be considered as good as Webb. For all the "Ryan could regress or not get any better" talk, the same argument could be made about Long - if he doesn't get any better, is he worth the #1 pick?

Long looks like a very good player, who will man the LT position for us for years, but knowing what I know *right now*, I'd take Ryan.

Initially I thought people were crazy for even suggesting Matt Ryan #1( based on the 2 college games I saw him in). I've watched a few NFL download games now, and fellas I gotta tell you:the force is strong in that one. Marinoesque even.Don't hate me. I didn't want to think it was true either. Long is fantastic but I think we missed out.

Back
Top Bottom