Kobe Bryant still wants out of L.A. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kobe Bryant still wants out of L.A.

Although he didn't rescind his trade request, Kobe Bryant softened his stance somewhat Thursday night, saying he had apologized to Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak in person for the way he handled his upset feelings five weeks ago.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6996052?MSNHPHMA

A shocker :rolleyes: Kobe needs to STFU. What's the sense in whining about something when you soften your stance a few weeks later? I don't like the Lakers but they've been going through all this BS drama when in the end you know he'll still be on the team

I don't often give credit to Kupchak, because he is an awful GM, but I must give him some love now. He has held on to his players and refused to overpay in order to try and appease Bryant. Bynum is going to be a star in this league and you only trade him for someone of Garnett's caliber imo. Good players like O'Neal shouldn't cost you your entire frontline as reported.

Personally, at this point, Kobe has turned off many Laker's fans with his constant moaning that I too have softened my stance and would consider reasonable trade request for him.

I don't often give credit to Kupchak, because he is an awful GM, but I must give him some love now. He has held on to his players and refused to overpay in order to try and appease Bryant. Bynum is going to be a star in this league and you only trade him for someone of Garnett's caliber imo. Good players like O'Neal shouldn't cost you your entire frontline as reported.

Personally, at this point, Kobe has turned off many Laker's fans with his constant moaning that I too have softened my stance and would consider reasonable trade request for him.

That's the problem though. You will never get a reasonable trade for him. Bc to get even close to equal value you would have to GUT a good team. Then if the team does that, then Kobe is right back in the same situation, the only player on an average team. He would wine and cry again and end up leaving in 2 years to FA. The only way he leaves is if LA takes a bad deal for him (won't happen) or in 2 years he will leave Via FA just out of spite for not trading him. Sadly those are the only two possible things I see happening.

That's the problem though. You will never get a reasonable trade for him. Bc to get even close to equal value you would have to GUT a good team. Then if the team does that, then Kobe is right back in the same situation, the only player on an average team. He would wine and cry again and end up leaving in 2 years to FA. The only way he leaves is if LA takes a bad deal for him (won't happen) or in 2 years he will leave Via FA just out of spite for not trading him. Sadly those are the only two possible things I see happening.
Thats why you trade him now and get what you can, instead of being empty handed in two yrs.

As a Lakers fan though, who cares if he goes to another mediocre team? I simply want the best players I can get for him and then out of sight out of mine.

Back
Top Bottom