Kobe Bryant still wants out of L.A. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kobe Bryant still wants out of L.A.

Yeah Im sure he wouldn't, but Ive always thought not trading in your own division was overrated, especially in basketball...Wouldn't you just want to take the trade that makes your team the best regardless if you have to play Kobe 4 times a year instead of 2?

You also have to view a trade as taking players form a division rival...

clear.gif

This is how I would look at this situation as a GM if it was me(of course its not) In 2 yrs he's a fee agent, and he goes elsewhere, you trade him now, you get something in return. Nowhere near what he's worth, but you could still get at least one or two potential playmakers.

You dont trade the best player in the game in his prime. You bring him players in to win. All he wants to do is win. KOBE is not going anywhere.Shaq was traded because he was on the downside of his career and was about to make insane amount of money.

Yeah Im sure he wouldn't, but Ive always thought not trading in your own division was overrated, especially in basketball...Wouldn't you just want to take the trade that makes your team the best regardless if you have to play Kobe 4 times a year instead of 2?

You also have to view a trade as taking players form a division rival...

You also have to think playoffs too. Also this guy is helping some one else win the conference from you.

You dont trade the best player in the game in his prime. You bring him players in to win. All he wants to do is win. KOBE is not going anywhere.Shaq was traded because he was on the downside of his career and was about to make insane amount of money.
clearly the Lakers are unable to do this because of the immense upside of Bynum :wink:. Also, bringing some one in like Jermaine just became a whole lot tougher as Lakers have lost leverage with Kobe's public antics. Kobe might start next season as a Laker, but I doubt he ends the season in purple and gold.

Back
Top Bottom