La Canfora: Miami to pick Kaepernick at 15 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora: Miami to pick Kaepernick at 15

I actually had Vontae as my guy over 25 . . . we need a CB badly, and we still had JT and JP coming back in 2009. I also had them taking Long in 2008 over Ryan.

But yea 2010, I was lost . . . but I'm guessing so were most people because they didn't know Starks was going to attempt to move to NT full time.

Just for games . . . what position/player could this happen to this year? Koa Misi . . . moving inside and we could draft a pass rushing OLB. Not saying its gonna happen, but it would be eerily similar to last year if it did, and we haven't heard much of anything about defense from the Dolphins with that first pick.

There has acrually been some speculation between reporters on this. Maybe miami is looking at a OLB

This site is going to crash after the pick is announced:(

Well, I usually go into the draft excited and end up disappointed. Maybe Ill go into this draft expecting the worse and be pleasantly surprised. I was really happy when we took Davis 25th, he was the guy I was pulling for the whole time. I had a sheet of paper with all the workout numbers on it and Davis had something absurd like 23 bench reps and the Fins needed a CB so it was a no brainer for me and a no brainer the Fins actually got right. Unfortunately, it didnt take long for them to disappoint me in Dolphins like fashion with their 2nd pick. At least I dont have to worry about them screwing the 2nd round pick up this year, unless ofcourse we trade back. I wanted Thomas BAD last year so I was pretty disappointed with Odrick, maybe this year they can wait until at least the 4th round before I go "wtf?" "why cant we draft someone Im at least ok with, doesnt have to be who I wanted, but stop with the ridiculous picks"....This Kaep news has to be bogus. Geez, I hope it is.

So exciting to draft a major project at #15 with Mallett and Ingram on the board and that project reminds me of a Pat White/Ray Lucas clone...that would be a diisaster!

We've heard plenty about Mallett, now the Kaepernick chatter starts, throw in some Dalton a couple days ago....but the one guy who seems to fit everything they like in a QB is Ponder and not a peep about him. I am still saying he is the pick at 15.

To be completely honest, I think LaCanfora may be onto something here, but keep in mind that he is FAR from the most credible source in the business.

The pick could be Kaepernick..... If we are picking in the 20's.

I highly doubt we'd reach that far for him or any of the QB's for that matter. If we are forced to stay at 15, I think it will probably be Mike Pouncey, as much as I hate to say it.

But I am really really under the assumption that we are trading down. I'd put it at almost 75% that we are going to find someone to trade down with and get at least a pick next year or an extra 3rd rounder. Something. Pitt wants Mike Pouncey, ATL wants a top receiver, there are about a half dozen teams in the market for a QB besides us. I see ample opportunities to move down a couple spots, at least. And if that happens, anything or anyone I should say is a possibility. But at that point, a QB becomes almost a certainty, regardless of who it is. My guess is Locker or Mallett, but I would not be surprised in the least if it is Dalton or Kaepernick.

We have shown plenty of interest in all the QB's in this draft, so nothing would be a surprise to me anymore, just don't think it happens at 15. If we do stay at 15, it's Locker or Pouncey IMO. After that, it's anyone's guess.

miami didn't even know what they were doing pretty much in 2010...no one here can tell me that they thought solai would come on like he did last year...otherwise they would have never told starks just prior to the draft they were moving him to nose...he would have been kept at end if they saw this kind of upswing in solais play from a consistency stand point in the crystal ball...

as for moving misi inside if that was the plan i'd be ok with using the top pick on an olb...problem is most the top pass rushing talents that would warrant the pick are all better 4-3 end fits imo...no way on this earth anyone could talk me into akeem ayers at #15...i don't care how much san diego supposedly likes him

anyways i'm one of the people who believes misi can play some inside...i saw some things in senior bowl practices to validate it in my mind last year and he's got strong hands and if moved inside would be a tough move for fbs on the lead and guards etc at the 2nd level and strong at the poa...add in good hips and cod and the way he pursues the ball and i don't see why he couldn't play and be effective in traffic inside

I believe Miami did know what they were doing and had a plan. It involved the nose tackle, Williams, who was picked by the Cards one pick earlier. He was listed as the Dolphins pick by many mocks with the caveat that the 12th(?) pick was too early. Ordrick was plan B, BPA.

I am by no means a draft/personnel expert. Not even close. Can someone enlighten me here? Is it just me or does Kaepernick throw one of the worst balls I've ever seen? It looks like a bad high school QB. This spread QB in the NFL seems like a square peg in a round hole. If Jeff Ireland truly studies draft history, then surely the percentages of successful spread qb transitions have to be stacked up poorly against the value of the 15th pick.

I am by no means a draft/personnel expert. Not even close. Can someone enlighten me here? Is it just me or does Kaepernick throw one of the worst balls I've ever seen? It looks like a bad high school QB. This spread QB in the NFL seems like a square peg in a round hole. If Jeff Ireland truly studies draft history, then surely the percentages of successful spread qb transitions have to be stacked up poorly against the value of the 15th pick.

he has a slow release and his delivery makes children cry, but he has good arm strength

We've heard plenty about Mallett, now the Kaepernick chatter starts, throw in some Dalton a couple days ago....but the one guy who seems to fit everything they like in a QB is Ponder and not a peep about him. I am still saying he is the pick at 15.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. He also seems like the most likely worthy candidate to still be around with the Dolphins trading down.

Frankly a trade down to pick up an extra pick, with Ponder as the QB choice, would make me really, really happy. Barring that, Mallett at 15.

yeah I think people forget we have shown a lot of interest in Ponder.

Also guys sounds like A LOT of teams are catching wind we want Pouncey, and they are getting ready to make moves....

Also guys sounds like A LOT of teams are catching wind we want Pouncey, and they are getting ready to make moves....

good...let em...anyone who comes up in front of #15 to take pouncey is crazy...

That's what I was thinking. Way too much information linking us to Pouncey. Sounds like bait to me...

Back
Top Bottom