La Canfora: Miami to pick Kaepernick at 15 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora: Miami to pick Kaepernick at 15

I've been saying all along that we'll draft a QB in round 1. But I'm really starting to doubt the theory. There's something about mallett and the doubts around him that make me suspect the FO won't pull the trigger. I can't believe they'll take Kaep as high as 15. Or Dalton. Locker has his fans outside of Finheaven. I thought Gruden was far more in favour of Locker in his camp sessions than anyone else. A month ago Gabbert was the no. 1 pick and Cam might fall. Now Gabbert is being talked about as a possible faller. I don't see him fitting with Miami.

Looking at the RBs they've worked out, I dont think they'll take Ingram. To me, it's starting to add up to a trade down and a lineman or DE/OLB at the bottom of the first. Maybe Kyle Rudolph.

I'm not sure this year is the year to nail your colors to the QB mast. They're all risky picks, Mallett is no exception IMO. If they do go QB, I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be Locker. Just a gut feeling. But I doubt it'll be a QB.

Fans are fed up of mediocre picks. Well, prepare yourselves for another safe first rounder. I think they'll go quite explosive with their other picks but the first rounder will be a pro-ready low risk pick.

I think.

To me it would be a Ted Ginn,WTF? moment.
Take Mallett.

Still slow, but you're right he's improved his motion during the run-up to the Draft. I don't buy those improvements though. When a guy gets on the field and he has 17 different things to process in a small window of time, the last thing he's going to want to have to focus on is shortening his release. Muscle memory will take over.

The release would not be the reason he fails in the NFL. He would fail because he didn't develop the other areas of his game enough to make his release irrelevant.

Keep in mind, Miami thought thrg could coach White to change his tendencies. Disnt work. Probably figure Kaep is more developed n QB-ish than White therefor woild be able to coach him up.

I myself don't believe they can ala Leftwhich

Keep in mind, Miami thought thrg could coach White to change his tendencies. Disnt work. Probably figure Kaep is more developed n QB-ish than White therefor woild be able to coach him up.

I myself don't believe they can ala Leftwhich

I think if you take Colin Kaepernick, you don't have it in mind that you're going to do anything with his release but sort of nag at him about tempo and things like that. They're not going to do corrective surgery on his release.

well let me tell ya this teams got some fans around the country who support the heck out of em...and die a little bit inside with each passing letdown of a season...

:up:

I'm one of them and other than a dude I went to HS with I AM THE ONLY MIAMI DOLPHINS FAN I KNOW WITHIN THE DMV AREA..

Man I just can't cotton to that. Jake Locker has so many bad plays, just bad play after bad play after bad play. At least Kaepernick has a lot of good plays.

I dunno CK, i have wen't out my way to really look at Locker this offseason and I must say, the accuracy is very overblown. Dude is dynamite when he moves out of the pocket. Accurate, quick release, quick feet, tough as nails. I really think Jake just resorted to rushing things when trying to sit in the pocket because he just lost alot of faith in his OLine and his WR's were never on the same page. Yep, more Jake Locker excuses, but a guy with his talent and intangibles, I'll give him the opportunity to make ammends for his senior season.

I think Locker is a much better pick than Kaepernick. In fact, I don't think it's close . . . Kaep is going to have severe arm injuries in the NFL with that wind up, he is gonna struggle in a pro style offense and he struggled against better competition in college while Jake rose to the occassion against top competition.

I guess we will see, I can live with Jake at 15 . . . I'll be disgusted with Kaepernick at 15.

i dont think there is a soul that knows what we are doing

Man I just can't cotton to that. Jake Locker has so many bad plays, just bad play after bad play after bad play. At least Kaepernick has a lot of good plays.

Here's my thing with the two:

Physically, Locker has a few minor things to tweak. His accuracy issues - while overblown - stem from that hop-skip (as far as I'm concerned). In regard to his positive physical attributes, he has a great release, great arm strength, fast as hell, agile as hell - reminds me of a better S. Young (physically).

Kaepernick is big, strong, fast, and has a big arm. He is not, though, especially agile, and he does not have especially great acceleration. By the way, I know that you're aware of all this. I'm just documenting reasons. His release, though, is a HUGE hurdle that I don't ever see him clearing. Do you fix it? Can you fix it? If you do/can, does his accuracy go out the window?

In regard to football IQ (because who cares if you're smart off the field? Plenty of QB's kicked Marino's *** on the WL who can't touch him in regard to reading D's), I don't know. Neither has been in an optimal situation to show his stuff. Kaepernick operated out of a Pistol, and Locker operated under very adverse conditions. Can't prove it, but I think Locker is in the Heisman hunt if you give him the talent and the offense that Kaepernick had.

I have serious doubts as to whether Locker will ever get the mental aspect of the game. I have serious doubts as to whether Kaepernick will get either the mental or physical. I also see Locker's upside as much higher.

i dont think there is a soul that knows what we are doing

Honestly, that Odrick pick floored me last year. I had no idea the Dolphins were that interested.

They seem to be very good at disguising their early picks. Their later picks are fairly well-telegraphed.

give me locker over kaepernick and that horrifying delivery any day.

Back
Top Bottom