La Canfora: Miami to pick Kaepernick at 15 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora: Miami to pick Kaepernick at 15

I think people are overreacting just a bit. Kaepernick would be a reach and a project, but far from the end of the world.

I think I've done a good job over the years of not overreacting after draft selection (exception being Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees), but I think I would totally lose it if Kaepernick is the pick at 15...or 79...or 111. Kaepernick is a 3-4 yr project at the minimum; he CANNOT be the pick at 15, he just CAN'T!

You would think if you pick a QB that high he would be NFL ready and ready to start day 1. I was pretty irrate when we picked Ted Ginn...I may flat out go on a shooting spree if they take Kaepernick that high. It will be like the day we traded a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string QB from Philadelphia. Spielman should have been fired that very minute.

I think people are overreacting just a bit. Kaepernick would be a reach and a project, but far from the end of the world.

depends how you look at it.

draft kaepernick.
failure of a season.
new regime.
kaepernick shipped off.
back to square one.

end of the world.

draft kaepernick.
failure of a season.
new regime.
kaepernick shipped off.
back to square one.

end of the world.
Could put us in position to get Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley though.

i'd rather take a chance on big bird under center than colin kaepernick...i am so sick of incompetence with my beloved football team its not funny...i can't handle this any more...it's not fun...its torture

draft kaepernick.
failure of a season.
new regime.
kaepernick shipped off.
back to square one.

end of the world.

but what if we draft Kaepernick and he shows a lot of skill? I'm not saying we SHOULD take him in the first, but you can't say he won't be good

but what if we draft Kaepernick and he shows a lot of skill? I'm not saying we SHOULD take him in the first, but you can't say he won't be good

you wanna wait 3 damn years on his ***...the odds aren't good with him to begin with if you ask me...no way this kid helps us in 2011 either way

i totally and 100% agree. BUT....

he is a project. everyone knows he has atleast 2 years at MINIMUM to develop. and the FO's hot seat is hotter then Rex Ryan during a swedish foot massage.

So its not like we have an established veteran that we can win now with to then pass off the torch to a then, maybe, refined kaepernick.

he just doesnt make any sense to me for this team anytime in the near future.

i'd rather take a chance on big bird under center than colin kaepernick...i am so sick of incompetence with my beloved football team its not funny...i can't handle this any more...it's not fun...its torture
And they wonder why the fan base is so apathetic. It's a contant cycle of disappointment. Everyone needs a little hope...even Dolphin fans.

I feel about Kaepernick the same way I felt about Vontae Davis, which is a hint that I always have it in mind that I could absolutely be wrong.

With Vontae Davis, I had my issues with him. Some of it was about the character stuff that turned out to be a smokescreen which taught me a lesson that I've carried with me to this day about such things. Some of it was simply due to his inconsistent play on the field. Inconsistency seemed a part of who he was, and that bothered me. But I could always console myself about his being picked with one thing, and that is...Miami needed corners, and they just got the best physical specimen at the position in this Draft. I didn't like that corner class that much. I liked Malcolm Jenkins but obviously he had some speed limitations. I liked Sean Smith because he was a physical freak. But Vontae Davis was clearly the most prototypical corner specimen in that Draft from a physical standpoint, and I liked being able to say I could always be wrong about his inconsistency but one thing is for sure this guy is big and strong and a physical dynamo...and there really aren't that many of those (if any) in this Draft.

With Colin Kaepernick it's not actually very hard to like him. Hell, take the mile high view. He's got a HUGE arm, he's a winner, he's pretty accurate, he's smart (like a 37 on the wonderlic), a genuinely good guy, hard worker, etc. Oh and of course, he runs a 4.50 in the 40 yard dash. Warming up to him isn't exactly like warming up to a babysitter with a felony arrest record.

Do I take issue with his release, which I've quantified? Yeah. Do I think that, because of his offense, he's going to exacerbate the release issues by being slow to make his reads? Yeah. Am I a little concerned that for all his being smart and dedicated, he didn't make a ton of progress in college? Yeah. Am I disturbed that his deep ball is about as bad and inconsistent mechanically as you'll find? Yup. Am I worried that he doesn't handle blitzes and/or aggressive coverages nearly as well as some people think? Definitely.

Could all of that end up non-issues once his development arc takes him wherever he's going? You bet.

I'm not going to be in give-up mode just because they go after a Colin Kaepernick. I'll reserve that for Jake Locker and Andy Dalton.

Last edited by a moderator:
kaepernick or dalton...might as well throw darts at a dart board...i don't get even one hint of franchise potential with either one of them

dagnabit

And they wonder why the fan base is so apathetic. It's a contant cycle of disappointment. Everyone needs a little hope...even Dolphin fans.

The incompetence of this team isnt the reason why dolphins fans (as a whole, not he diehards) are how they are.
I've sung this tune over and over again, growing up in miami you are surrounded by the worst fans in the entire country.
The University of Miami, with all their die hard fans, who bleed orange and green....... stop showing up within a few years of their lost dominance.

Its sad to realize, but no matter how good we are, when the cowboys, jets, giants, and steelers come to play in Miami... its barely a 50/50 home game for us....... sometimes.

come on ck...vontae was ubertalented...colin kaepernick is not jaw dropping talent...a pick of kaep in the top 20 is a disgrace...

The incompetence of this team isnt the reason why dolphins fans (as a whole, not he diehards) are how they are.
I've sung this tune over and over again, growing up in miami you are surrounded by the worst fans in the entire country.
The University of Miami, with all their die hard fans, who bleed orange and green....... stop showing up within a few years of their lost dominance.

Its sad to realize, but no matter how good we are, when the cowboys, jets, giants, and steelers come to play in Miami... its barely a 50/50 home game for us....... sometimes.

That's true. When I lived in Miami I had season tickets to the Fins, caught as many Hurricane games as I could afford (football, basketball [men's and women's], baseball), went to see the Heat as often as I could as well. Unfortunately not everyone in Miami has the same pride for the city I have. Too many transplants and south americans.

Back
Top Bottom