La Canfora: Miami to pick Kaepernick at 15 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora: Miami to pick Kaepernick at 15

The incompetence of this team isnt the reason why dolphins fans (as a whole, not he diehards) are how they are.
I've sung this tune over and over again, growing up in miami you are surrounded by the worst fans in the entire country.
The University of Miami, with all their die hard fans, who bleed orange and green....... stop showing up within a few years of their lost dominance.

Its sad to realize, but no matter how good we are, when the cowboys, jets, giants, and steelers come to play in Miami... its barely a 50/50 home game for us....... sometimes.

well let me tell ya this teams got some fans around the country who support the heck out of em...and die a little bit inside with each passing letdown of a season...

come on ck...vontae was ubertalented...colin kaepernick is not jaw dropping talent...a pick of kaep in the top 20 is a disgrace...

a pick of colin k in the 1st round and the first half of the 2nd round is a disgrace, if we pick him i may just dive out the window and end it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be insane. I've got the feeling that this run on passers isn't going to happen as fast as some of these "experts" are predicting. Taking Kaepernick this high would be ridiculous and set the guy up for a huge fall, he's just not going to be ready for at the very least a year or two, this move would be seen as a huge reach and the FO, although in desperate need to take a chance, can not afford to risk everything on this guy's ability.

I'm not saying I wouldn't pick him up in the 2nd (assuming a trade down) or 3rd round but wouldn't touch him or Dalton for that matter anywhere in the first.

I'd rather Mallett, Gabbert or Ponder...in that order...but if it has to be Kaepernick, well hey at least it isn't Dalton or Locker.

You're right. There are unexplored areas of stupid for this FO to mine.

well let me tell ya this teams got some fans around the country who support the heck out of em...and die a little bit inside with each passing letdown of a season...

and we are in the minority. not saying there aren't people who would bleed for this time. But it would be naive to think that there are enough of us to even remotely make a serious dent in sun life's attendance without the bandwagoners jumping in when the team looks good.

I am only 21, so from MY perspective, which is somewhat limited due to the lack of years i have relative to many, it may lack the same punch.
However, case and point would be the Miami Heat.
I was a season ticketholder (through my father) in 1991 up until 2006. And now with the circus that has ensued, anybody who lives south of Orlando is a "die hard" heat fan.

And even so... midway through the 2nd Quarter of ANY game, aside from Boston and LA coming to town, the lower bowl will be 80% full maybe.

Its sad, that even in the PERFECT situation to sell out and have full attendance, it just doesnt happen in Miami.
Its pathetic and a knife to the chest for those of us who really do care. But its the sad reality, and wont be changing.

come on ck...vontae was ubertalented...colin kaepernick is not jaw dropping talent...a pick of kaep in the top 20 is a disgrace...

I stand by what I said.

If you would have described Vontae Davis to me and I'd never seen him play, give me his height, his weight, build, his speed, talk about how fast he is and explosive, physical specimen all rocked up, shows a lot of physicality in his style of play, etc...you'd get me all excited and I'd never have even seen the guy play. But then I see him play and I'm like, why is this guy with all this talent so freaking disappointing on so many plays?

Same with Colin Kaepernick. If you'd never seen the guy play and I described to you that he's got a cannon for an arm, ball whistles through the air when he flings it, he's 6'5" and 230+ lbs, won 13 games this year, is accurate and completed well over 60% of his passes, accounted for a ton of touchdowns, spotless character history and a guy that people love talking to, scored a 37 on the wonderlic, and oh by the way he's got legit 4.50 speed. Wouldn't you be drooling? He's certainly got talent. You don't whistle the ball through the air like that and have it hit your receivers in the hands enough to complete 65% of your passes if you don't have talent. But, like with Vontae Davis, when you watch him play, you're thinking if he's got all this talent why is he looking like THIS on so many plays.

Same thing. I didn't much like Davis, and even though I'm hopeful for him I'm still wary of the fact that he's still showing that inconsistency. I don't much like Kaepernick, but at least I know he's got some bare bones talent to work with.

All I can add is that Path to the Draft showed some video of what I believe was his pro day about a month ago and I am no expert but it looked to me that his throwing mechanics had improved. I did not see the wind-up/hitch at all. Could have been my eyes or something he worked on. Since I never really saw it anywhere else I blew it off.

and we are in the minority. not saying there aren't people who would bleed for this time. But it would be naive to think that there are enough of us to even remotely make a serious dent in sun life's attendance without the bandwagoners jumping in when the team looks good.

I am only 21, so from MY perspective, which is somewhat limited due to the lack of years i have relative to many, it may lack the same punch.
However, case and point would be the Miami Heat.
I was a season ticketholder (through my father) in 1991 up until 2006. And now with the circus that has ensued, anybody who lives south of Orlando is a "die hard" heat fan.

And even so... midway through the 2nd Quarter of ANY game, aside from Boston and LA coming to town, the lower bowl will be 80% full maybe.

Its sad, that even in the PERFECT situation to sell out and have full attendance, it just doesnt happen in Miami.
Its pathetic and a knife to the chest for those of us who really do care. But its the sad reality, and wont be changing.

only 21??? you haven't suffered at all yet bro...wait another 10 years and then talk to me...don't worry about the heat though...my celtics will end that bandwagon for this year at least in short order

All I can add is that Path to the Draft showed some video of what I believe was his pro day about a month ago and I am no expert but it looked to me that his throwing mechanics had improved. I did not see the wind-up/hitch at all. Could have been my eyes or something he worked on. Since I never really saw it anywhere else I blew it off.

Still slow, but you're right he's improved his motion during the run-up to the Draft. I don't buy those improvements though. When a guy gets on the field and he has 17 different things to process in a small window of time, the last thing he's going to want to have to focus on is shortening his release. Muscle memory will take over.

The release would not be the reason he fails in the NFL. He would fail because he didn't develop the other areas of his game enough to make his release irrelevant.

only 21??? you haven't suffered at all yet bro...wait another 10 years and then talk to me...don't worry about the heat though...my celtics will end that bandwagon in short order

hahah i told you that you had to put it in perspective. lol not pretending ive endured nearly enough. :)

but lets be real, should be a fun series. and the old guys time has finally come.
just so its on record, i have never and will never like LeBron. mark it down hooshoops.. i know you will remember lol

Im a Heat fan. Not a LeBron fan.

Dont we have to worry about the competition that Kapernick has played against?

Not exactly top tier

I stand by what I said.

If you would have described Vontae Davis to me and I'd never seen him play, give me his height, his weight, build, his speed, talk about how fast he is and explosive, physical specimen all rocked up, shows a lot of physicality in his style of play, etc...you'd get me all excited and I'd never have even seen the guy play. But then I see him play and I'm like, why is this guy with all this talent so freaking disappointing on so many plays?

Same with Colin Kaepernick. If you'd never seen the guy play and I described to you that he's got a cannon for an arm, ball whistles through the air when he flings it, he's 6'5" and 230+ lbs, won 13 games this year, is accurate and completed well over 60% of his passes, accounted for a ton of touchdowns, spotless character history and a guy that people love talking to, scored a 37 on the wonderlic, and oh by the way he's got legit 4.50 speed. Wouldn't you be drooling? He's certainly got talent. You don't whistle the ball through the air like that and have it hit your receivers in the hands enough to complete 65% of your passes if you don't have talent. But, like with Vontae Davis, when you watch him play, you're thinking if he's got all this talent why is he looking like THIS on so many plays.

Same thing. I didn't much like Davis, and even though I'm hopeful for him I'm still wary of the fact that he's still showing that inconsistency. I don't much like Kaepernick, but at least I know he's got some bare bones talent to work with.

well i guess we just see different things when we watch kaep play...cause ubertalented doesn't enter my mind...vontae at illinois it did...ubertalented enters my mind when i watch cam newton...what qb thru the years would one even see a similarity in kaep in??? i see the big arm but i see a guy who doesn't like standing in the pocket and delivering...i see a guy who wants to move to where he has clean looks at the target...i see a guy whos release takes ages...i see a guy who looks better in scripted drills than live action...i see more a straight line athlete than a buy time scrambler

i see a workout warrior...i say no thank you

Back
Top Bottom