Ladies and Gentlemen, Andrew Luck is headed to the AFC Championship Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ladies and Gentlemen, Andrew Luck is headed to the AFC Championship Game

You're welcome to go through my post history and see how many times I've bumped a thread that was off the front page. Unless I did it 9 years ago and I don't remember, it's 0. Don't lump me in with the average pleb that posts on this forum.

The "average pleb" on this forum would have gotten the point of my statement. Yes, I'll lump you in with with those who would be endlessly ridiculing those of us who wanted to do whatever it took to get Andrew Luck if he ended up busting (again, wasn't going to happen).

Ps he didn't do anything special tonight, 2TDs and 2 picks. That defense won them that game. If anything you all should be pissed this Organization got rid of Vontae Davis and Sean Smith.

Amazing. :lol:

How is that amazing? It's the truth. I'm not knocking Luck I too wanted to suck for Luck. Those 2 picks would've changed the scope and landscape of this game if the defense didn't shut down Manning and Co.

Luck was the best player on the field today, we couldn't get him. We traded the 2nd best player on the field for a 2nd round pick and passed on the best QB in the NFL right now in the 2005 draft. The Dolphins have made millions of mistakes why dwell on one? I know because nobody was brilliant enough to have wanted Aaron Rodgers in 2005 so there is nothing to brag about. Yet everybody in the free world knew getting Andrew Luck would be a great move and their are posters pointing that out like it was their ground breaking idea. Only on finheaven!

How is that amazing? It's the truth. I'm not knocking Luck I too wanted to suck for Luck. Those 2 picks would've changed the scope and landscape of this game if the defense didn't shut down Manning and Co.

It's amazing because it's not the truth. He was damn near 100% of the Colts offense. Those picks were the product of a great QB trying to make plays with little help against a defense that knew it was all on him. He still managed to land far more of those than he missed, but you and those bitter about "suck for Luck" (with or without you on board) hone in on them. Every great QB playing next weekend made those kind of throws, and if anything, they are a testament to what makes them special. First, they take risks and succeed more than they fail. Second, they brush it off like it never happened damn near immediately and come out swinging for the fences again. The difference is, the others have a hell of a lot more real help.

It's amazing because it's not the truth. He was damn near 100% of the Colts offense. Those picks were the product of a great QB trying to make plays with little help against a defense that knew it was all on him. He still managed to land far more of those than he missed, but you and those bitter about "suck for Luck" (with or without you on board) hone in on them. Every great QB playing next weekend made those kind of throws, and if anything, they are a testament to what makes them special. First, they take risks and succeed more than they fail. Second, they brush it off like it never happened damn near immediately and come out swinging for the fences again. The difference is, the others have a hell of a lot more real help.

I'm not bitter, yes I was on the train, yes I'm happy with Tannehill. But if you think he was 100% of the colts offense you were watching a different game. That line wasn't too shabby, his TEs made plays, and Hilton was being Hilton. If you honestly think the reason they won this game was because of what Luck did I seriously don't know what to say. The Defense shutout Manning, HOF Manning mind you, and the rest of that offense after the 1st TD. Luck in is a class by himself, but he wasn't spectacular tonight.

I think we had a chance to have any of the qb's that played this weekend and Luck was probably the most unrealistic for us.

You could have knocked me over w/ a feather when I learned the Colts won. I could have sworn that it would be Peyton & Tommy boy one more time.

That said, I'd love to see Seattle curb stomp the patsies like they did the donkeys last yr.

it was deff an all around team effort today from indy, but luck was awesome.

dont just look at the stats. u mention his 2 picks, his 2 picks were both on 3rd and longs, and he did what i have been saying tanny should do in those situations, throw it deep down the field, and hope for a flag or a big play, and if it is picked, just like what happened 2x to luck today, its as good as a punt.

luck was awesome today, and his team is not really good, he is what elevates that team on offense.

Ps he didn't do anything special tonight, 2TDs and 2 picks. That defense won them that game. If anything you all should be pissed this Organization got rid of Vontae Davis and Sean Smith.

If that would have been Tannehill you'd be screaming 'franchise QB' and 'we won in spite of our defense'.

Colts fan...... NO.

But, I do love watching and rooting for Andrew Luck in most games. He is a great player and was the guy most of us knew we needed to finally replace Marino.

The Colts franchise has a bright future with Luck at the controls. I am no Colts fan, but I am certainly a Luck fan. Just a great player and a gentleman. It is a real joy watching him play and listening to him speak in press conferences and post game interviews.

Agree. Love Luck but hope the Colts fan base rots in hell.

it was deff an all around team effort today from indy, but luck was awesome.

dont just look at the stats. u mention his 2 picks, his 2 picks were both on 3rd and longs, and he did what i have been saying tanny should do in those situations, throw it deep down the field, and hope for a flag or a big play, and if it is picked, just like what happened 2x to luck today, its as good as a punt.

luck was awesome today, and his team is not really good, he is what elevates that team on offense.

Tannehill would get criticized for turning the ball over regardless even if it was similar to just punting the ball.

I could get this thread if we drafted RGIII or something, but we have a solid young chap at QB whose only getting better. Ryan Tannehill is still building up to his time in this league. Patience is a virtue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Suck for Luck guys even to this day it really amuses me to be honest, 1) even if Miami finished 0-16 and ties the Colts we'd have been second fiddle due to tie breakers. 2) there was zero guarantee that Jeff Ireland would have even pick Andrew Luck, yeah it seems like a no brainer to most of us but you underestimate the lack of ability of Jeff. 3) If Miami intentionally 'threw" a season and got caught I guarantee the NFL would have forfeited the draft pick(s) anyway and 4) half the guys whining about the wins were clamoring for Matt Moore to be the starting QB anyway and when they got their wish and he started winning it was a terrible move.

It's frankly a stupid ****ing argument and jilted lover syndrome to be honest. I'm so tired of hearing the BS around that season and Luck. The kid is a good, no doubt about it and yes he would have been welcomed to Miami but in reality Miami had about 0.1% chance of landing him that season.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're lost. You fail to realize that both of those INTs were on 3rd and extremely long situations(3rd and 17 and 3rd and 14 IIRC). Luck took deep shots in those situations because nothing was open and he knew that if the ball gets intercepted it is a virtual punt. Luck's football intelligence escapes you. The concept is over your head.

Andrew Luck is not concerned with meaningless stats, only wins. He understands that at his level of play, stats will take care of themselves. When all is said and done, he will have stats that look superb because of his play. He understands that there will be an INT or two that does not reflect his play over the course of time. He did not just throw it up on those 2 plays just because it was 3rd and long. He wanted to convert the 1st down. He of course first looked for something OPEN that would convert the 1st down. If nothing was open, he was throwing it up deep with a certain trajectory on the ball that would ensure the defender gets tackled in the event they intercept it. Of course he was hoping for a great play by his WR or a PI call to get the 1st down when he lobs those up there, but if it is intercepted he will let the clueless take shots at his stat line.

You act as if those were game changing turnovers. :bob dole: An incomplete pass and a punt puts his team in the same circumstance. Or in the case of Tannehill, a check down for a completion and a punt also puts the team in the same circumstance, the only difference is there is no INT on the stat line and there is one more completion to pad that stat line and let the fan boys blame the loss on the D.

Get a clue.

Back
Top Bottom