Ladies and Gentlemen, Andrew Luck is headed to the AFC Championship Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ladies and Gentlemen, Andrew Luck is headed to the AFC Championship Game

I love the Suck for Luck guys even to this day it really amuses me to be honest, 1) even if Miami finished 0-16 and ties the Colts we'd have been second fiddle due to tie breakers. 2) there was zero garmented that Jeff Ireland would have even pick Andrew Luck, yeah it seems like a no brainer to most of us but you underestimate the lack of ability of Jeff. 3) If Miami intentionally 'threw" a season and got caught I guarantee the NFL would have forfeited the draft pick(s) anyway and 4) half the guys whining about the wins were clamoring for Matt Moore to be the starting QB anyway and when they got their wish and he started winning it was a terrible move.

It's frankly a stupid ****ing argument and jilted lover syndrome to be honest. I'm so tired of hearing the BS around that season and Luck. The kid is a good, no doubt about it and yes he would have been welcomed to Miami but in reality Miami had about 0.1% chance of landing him that season.

Concur 357%

If we are going to redo a draft. Lets go back to 2012. Take Kuechly in the 1st & R Wilson in the 2nd. :chuckle:

I'm not bitter, yes I was on the train, yes I'm happy with Tannehill. But if you think he was 100% of the colts offense you were watching a different game. That line wasn't too shabby, his TEs made plays, and Hilton was being Hilton. If you honestly think the reason they won this game was because of what Luck did I seriously don't know what to say. The Defense shutout Manning, HOF Manning mind you, and the rest of that offense after the 1st TD. Luck in is a class by himself, but he wasn't spectacular tonight.

I don't care if you are a Luck supporter, yada yada. That has nothing to do with you being absolutely wrong regarding his play last night. They have virtually no running game and Luck was under pressure all night. Fortunately for him, he gets rid of the ball and is athletic enough to evade defenders. I read somewhere that he was under pressure more in this game than any this season (I'll try to find the link). His line simply isn't very good. As for Hilton, I like the player, but he is who he is at this point because of Luck, not the other way around. Now if only he would hold onto the damn ball, because his drops the past two weeks have been terrible.

Luck won that game both in his play and in his management of the game, keeping Manning off the field without a running game. The defense played well, and they certainly get credit for that, but they only had to do it for 25 minutes by focusing on shutting down the run game and forcing a broken old Manning (if you don't think he's a shell of his former self, well, I seriously don't know what to say) to try and beat them in the cold. They did their job and got Luck back on the field to chew up more clock and dominate the field position battle.

Unfortunately for him, he plays another great QB who isn't a shell of his former self with a good team and great coach next week. Fortunately, the Dolts can get pressure, so there is a chance, especially with Luck at the helm on offense.

Edit: Here it is:
Andrew Luck was under duress on 15 of his 45 dropbacks (33%), his highest percentage in any game this season. Luck did not take a sack despite the pressure. Luck was 8-of-13 for 99 yards and a TD under pressure. During the regular season, Luck's 7 Pass TD under duress were tied for the most in the NFL.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400749517

I liked this factoid as well, to counter the focus on his 2 interceptions:

Andrew Luck threw 2 interceptions Sunday on his only 2 throws at least 30 yards downfield, both coming on 3rd down and at least 12 yards to go in Colts territory. Luck's interceptions were thrown 43 and 37 yards downfield respectively, and the Broncos gained a total of 2 return yards on both, leaving the average change in field position 39 yards on Luck's turnovers. When the Colts punted, they averaged 37.5 net yards per punt Sunday. Given Indy's average net punting distance, Luck's interceptions were actually more effective than the Colts' average punts.

Luck had an okay game yesterday sure, but let's not act like he is the reason why we won. He played a very Alex smith-esque game. We won because our defense played above their talent level(and a little of manning playing below his). There were a lot of posts I felt earned commenting on I might do that later when I'm not only awake because my body just had to take a dump in the middle of a fantastic dream(vinatieri kicking the game winner against ne was involved lol).

You're lost. You fail to realize that both of those INTs were on 3rd and extremely long situations(3rd and 17 and 3rd and 14 IIRC). Luck took deep shots in those situations because nothing was open and he knew that if the ball gets intercepted it is a virtual punt. Luck's football intelligence escapes you. The concept is over your head.

Andrew Luck is not concerned with meaningless stats, only wins. He understands that at his level of play, stats will take care of themselves. When all is said and done, he will have stats that look superb because of his play. He understands that there will be an INT or two that does not reflect his play over the course of time. He did not just throw it up on those 2 plays just because it was 3rd and long. He wanted to convert the 1st down. He of course first looked for something OPEN that would convert the 1st down. If nothing was open, he was throwing it up deep with a certain trajectory on the ball that would ensure the defender gets tackled in the event they intercept it. Of course he was hoping for a great play by his WR or a PI call to get the 1st down when he lobs those up there, but if it is intercepted he will let the clueless take shots at his stat line.

You act as if those were game changing turnovers. :bob dole: An incomplete pass and a punt puts his team in the same circumstance. Or in the case of Tannehill, a check down for a completion and a punt also puts the team in the same circumstance, the only difference is there is no INT on the stat line and there is one more completion to pad that stat line and let the fan boys blame the loss on the D.

Get a clue.

Have to agree with you on that one. I was surprised we didn't do that more often when facing 3rd and long near midfield. Take a shot stats be damned. The Ints by Luck meant nothing in the end.

Luck had an okay game yesterday sure, but let's not act like he is the reason why we won. He played a very Alex smith-esque game. We won because our defense played above their talent level(and a little of manning playing below his). There were a lot of posts I felt earned commenting on I might do that later when I'm not only awake because my body just had to take a dump in the middle of a fantastic dream(vinatieri kicking the game winner against ne was involved lol).

The defense had one primary job: stop the run. They did that pretty well and forced a broken down Manning to throw way more than he should have. They absolutely get credit for that. However, Luck singlehandedly put up 24 points against the third best defense in the league. What did Herron average? Something like 2 yards a carry? :lol: And most of that came in the second half as they ran the clock. If you think that was Luck just playing "okay," then it must be nice to be so spoiled, because "okay" was much better than the majority of QBs in the league could have mustered in the same situation.

Have to agree with you on that one. I was surprised we didn't do that more often when facing 3rd and long near midfield. Take a shot stats be damned. The Ints by Luck meant nothing in the end.

Because Tannehill is not a risk taker on a regular basis. How often this year were we in 3rd and 10...3rd and 12 etc? We always do that stupid 2 yard safe pass one a hope and a prayer. I want my QB to take risks. I do not cry over an INT down the field coming of a 3rd and long.

You're lost. You fail to realize that both of those INTs were on 3rd and extremely long situations(3rd and 17 and 3rd and 14 IIRC). Luck took deep shots in those situations because nothing was open and he knew that if the ball gets intercepted it is a virtual punt. Luck's football intelligence escapes you. The concept is over your head.

Andrew Luck is not concerned with meaningless stats, only wins. He understands that at his level of play, stats will take care of themselves. When all is said and done, he will have stats that look superb because of his play. He understands that there will be an INT or two that does not reflect his play over the course of time. He did not just throw it up on those 2 plays just because it was 3rd and long. He wanted to convert the 1st down. He of course first looked for something OPEN that would convert the 1st down. If nothing was open, he was throwing it up deep with a certain trajectory on the ball that would ensure the defender gets tackled in the event they intercept it. Of course he was hoping for a great play by his WR or a PI call to get the 1st down when he lobs those up there, but if it is intercepted he will let the clueless take shots at his stat line.

You act as if those were game changing turnovers. :bob dole: An incomplete pass and a punt puts his team in the same circumstance. Or in the case of Tannehill, a check down for a completion and a punt also puts the team in the same circumstance, the only difference is there is no INT on the stat line and there is one more completion to pad that stat line and let the fan boys blame the loss on the D.

Get a clue.

Folks, this gentleman understands. Outstanding post.

Go Colts!

The defense had one primary job: stop the run. They did that pretty well and forced a broken down Manning to throw way more than he should have. They absolutely get credit for that. However, Luck singlehandedly put up 24 points against the third best defense in the league. What did Herron average? Something like 2 yards a carry? :lol: And most of that came in the second half as they ran the clock. If you think that was Luck just playing "okay," then it must be nice to be so spoiled, because "okay" was much better than the majority of QBs in the league could have mustered in the same situation.

Our offensive line stepping up to the plate and Ty putting a clinic on Taliban were the main reasons our offense scored 24 points. Luck played his part like always but was very average for him.

Our offensive line stepping up to the plate and Ty putting a clinic on Taliban were the main reasons our offense scored 24 points. Luck played his part like always but was very average for him.

Luck was under a ton of pressure all game. Granted, they didn't Phins it up, but they were hardly good. I like TY, but his drops the past two weeks were ridiculous, especially the big one in this game.

Average Luck is very good by any other standard. You're complaining about only getting the Ferrari California instead of the F12berlinetta (I had to google those). I believe he played above his average when it mattered most, and now he's heading to the AFC Championship.

image-1.jpg

The truly stupid Dolphin fans are at a crossroads themselves.

Root for Tom Brady and the Patriots or root for Andrew Luck and the Colts while essentially admitting to themselves how stupid they were to root for six meaningless wins.

Love it. Let the dolts dolt, though.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Luck will get his Jock handed to him yet again -

Patriots probably win this game tomorrow but it won't be because Andrew Luck can't carry his team. Colts don't make the playoffs without this guy.

I love how some are pointing to Peyton Manning not being what he once was and breaking down.

Meanwhile, same folks are waiting patiently for Tom Brady to do the same so that we can win the AFC East again.

It's amazing to me what some try to pass as reasonable logic.

Jcane have to agree - it didn't take a rocket scientist to see they sucked for luck - but they still have many holes to fill - there Division is gift wrapped and to a degree Manning was hurt and they only defended the run - there aren't anymore "gifts" - so we'll see how many more "meaningless" INTs are added to his stat line

Flip is such a joke - Now when Luck sails one it is a punt - when anyone throws a pick it is a bad decision - if only people put their stuff through a filter before they hit "reply" - anyways there will always be our glorious posters who think their **** doesn't stink

Rev, Indianapolis does have many holes to fill.

And it's much easier to fill all the holes around the QB than it is to fill the hole of the QB itself.

Just ask the Miami Dolphins. How would Luck fair with guys like Wallace, Landry, Hartline, Miller, Sims, Clay, etc.?

Top to bottom the Miami Dolphins are a better team than the Indianapolis Colts. But the gap between the two QBs is the sole difference between missing the playoffs and playing in the AFC title game in January. If these interceptions are so devastating as some want to believe, then the Colts aren't really playing in that title game tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom