Landry 134th in the league in YPC | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry 134th in the league in YPC

No, you don't make the massive trade up for a QB like they did last year if that was the reason. He is just a conservative QB plain and simple. He will get you to the playoffs, just can't elevate his game in the playoffs to make a winner. He is who he is and that is fine, but he will never be a savior to a team.

Don't want to derail the Landry theme of the thread but...

I respect your opinion however I think KC has a team right now that can challenge the Super Bowl... Smith will be 34 next season and every year their window gets more narrow (usually)...I agree he may not be a savior but the Chiefs after 3 years or so of 9 -12 wins in the regular season have built a decent team and know that sooner than later they need a new QB...they had a chance to improve through the draft with a strong team in place coming off a 12 win season....they did and now have 2 QB's on a roster that can win... not a bad situation.....or an aging veteran to trade and try to get even more compensation.....not terrible

We should be so fortunate and have such foresight...A man can dream

Anyway I appreciate and respect your opinion...

Don't want to derail the Landry theme of the thread but...

I respect your opinion however I think KC has a team right now that can challenge the Super Bowl... Smith will be 34 next season and every year their window gets more narrow (usually)...I agree he may not be a savior but the Chiefs after 3 years or so of 9 -12 wins in the regular season have built a decent team and know that sooner than later they need a new QB...they had a chance to improve through the draft with a strong team in place coming off a 12 win season....they did and now have 2 QB's on a roster that can win... not a bad situation.....or an aging veteran to trade and try to get even more compensation.....not terrible

We should be so fortunate and have such foresight...A man can dream

Anyway I appreciate and respect your opinion...
agree to disagree, to think they could have gotten. Deshaun Watson though,

Well get a qb like alex smith who can hit him deep for 49 yards

You really honestly can be using a pro bowl game as a basis for your argument.

Please for the love tell me you’re joking?

Are you SERIOUS?

DId you even watch that play?

People are trying to come up with BS like YPC cause there preparing themselves to be let down when the idiot T bum don't resign him. Stuff like this Is nonsense. We did the same thing on the Kiko and Maxwell deal when Tunsil was used as a guard. Now the trade we regret since Tunsil ain't doing well playing LT, Maxwell no longer a Dolphin and kiko misses more tackles and gets burned by TE,s. Losing Landry will haunt us the same way. This will be anther fail by the bum T bum
I don't disagree with much here, but losing Lamar and OV didn't set us back. We got Ajayi and Harris as replacements.

I love Landry but Since he's been a Dolphin, 4 years
he's been apart of 12 Fourth Quarter Comebacks and Game-Winning Drives

In those 12 game Fourth Quarter Comebacks and Game-Winning Drives
Landry has produced

9 receptions for 96 yards with 2 tds

I have to compare those numbers to other #1 wide receivers

Thats interesting, I couldn't find 4th QTR comebacks and game winning drives broken down by every receiver but here are Landry's 4th QTR numbers since entering the league compared to all wr's since 2014.

123 Receptions 2nd to Antonio Brown, 6th in yards with1252, tied 9th in TD's with 7, 3rd in 1st downs with 82.

Last edited:
How do you know Mahomes can win? Also, drafting the eventual replacement for a QB after his 11th year is different than drafting the replacement for a QB after his 6th year.

Touche'...you got me on a play of words...

Nobody KNOWS he or anyone else drafted can win...the HOPE is that the guy you are picking can play...make an impact...help you win...

The point, though, is they have a winning QB and a good team...and they draft a guy for the future...we are not in a position to think that far ahead...

I'm not advocating drafting a QB to replace Tannehill...I believe we can win with him...BUT we should be drafting for the future instead of chasing veterans and paying through the nose for them...

This is going sideways fast...I was originally simply adding another point of view regarding "Csonked Out" post... (There is a reason KC is moving on from him.)....just a point of view is all...

cherry picking a phrase kind of glazes over the point of the conversation...IMO

Thanks for the reply

I don't disagree with much here, but losing Lamar and OV didn't set us back. We got Ajayi and Harris as replacements.
Ahh grasshopper Gase spent a high 3rd on Drake last year to replace Miller whom was originally a 5th round pick and used his 1st round pick this on Harris this year to replace OV whom was originally a 3rd round pick. Plus we have had numerous expensive fa signings that have been mediocre to terrible to fill in those Gaps like the RB Foster, Branch and Mario Williams the DE from Buffalo. Mathews our WR is another example a original 7th round pick and we used 3 picks one a 3rd on Caroo to replace him. The math has us moving backwards in the draft. I originally thought Gase might be able to develop talent outside the QB position but at this point I believe last year Gase got lucky with the emergence of Jay Ajayi and we caught the league by surprise and we were able to eek out those 10 wins. This year Ajayi was no surprise and with no RT to take a little pressure off the running game the offense was in trouble and our defense is not good enough. IMO this team had more talent than last years rag a muffins but the coach is not up to the job. Gase like every coach since Shula has the same problem, player development. Each new coach except for Dave W has come in cleaned house, drafted their players and after 3-4 years the owner has had to fire them because they could not develop the talent already on the team. Funny the excuse for not winning is like this Gase tells Ross I can't win with these left over player's, then rinse repeat and the next new coach the same old story. Also Dave W is pretty much hated around here which I find funny because as bad as coach as most make him out to be with a very medocre QB in Fielder/Feely I believe he had the most success of all the coaches except Shula. Gotta ask yourself why? He worked off Jimmy Johnsons base, traded for Ricky.

Last edited:
Touche'...you got me on a play of words...

Nobody KNOWS he or anyone else drafted can win...the HOPE is that the guy you are picking can play...make an impact...help you win...

The point, though, is they have a winning QB and a good team...and they draft a guy for the future...we are not in a position to think that far ahead...

I'm not advocating drafting a QB to replace Tannehill...I believe we can win with him...BUT we should be drafting for the future instead of chasing veterans and paying through the nose for them...

This is going sideways fast...I was originally simply adding another point of view regarding "Csonked Out" post... (There is a reason KC is moving on from him.)....just a point of view is all...

cherry picking a phrase kind of glazes over the point of the conversation...IMO

Thanks for the reply
It's not a play on words. It's the whole argument against drafting a QB early. If the team does that, they ARE replacing Tannehill. And that replacement would happen before they know if the new guy is better.

I'm fine with a later round draft pick but they will also need a veteran option for a season or two.

It's not a play on words. It's the whole argument against drafting a QB early. If the team does that, they ARE replacing Tannehill. And that replacement would happen before they know if the new guy is better.

I'm fine with a later round draft pick but they will also need a veteran option for a season or two.

Ok...still not my point...I guess I am not being clear....this, for me, was never about Tannehill...thanks for the reply have a great day

Career YPC

Welker 11.0
Landry 10.1

So if Landry played with the best QB’s in NFL history ( Brady, manning) I’m sure he could do better.

That was probably Welker average on bubble screens when he was in NE. They could actually block them up quite well. Used to aggravate the **** out of me.

Let that sink in you want to pay top 5 money to a guy who doesn't make game changing plays...
This is silly. What about years 1-3? Premise of the post isn’t really fair. At least offer up some balance such as led league in catches and had career best 9 TDs - catching the ball from horrific QBs

Back
Top Bottom