Landry almost got traded last year. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry almost got traded last year.

IT also point to the assessed value other teams may have about him (I am assuming here). That doesn't mean a team won't give him his 15 million a year, but Baltimore is typically seen as one of the best run organization and they don't see that value.
Not sure I fully agree with this take. I think it's difficult to trade for a player in a contract, unless you are sure that a long term deal can be reached. Otherwise you are giving up an asset, in this case most likely a 2nd round pick, for a 1 year rental. Better to protect yourself and not offer much then get burned.

New England targeted Amendola only 86 times this season compared to
160 times for Landry

Amendola in his 5 years as a Pat has been targeted 329 times
while Landry has been targeted 567 times in 4 seasons
Amy stats on Edelman or Welker?

It was probably the week after they dismantled out team for the season. I imagine the call went something like

Baltimore: "hey, so after last week, first of all sorry it had to go that way, but it is what it is....anyways.....you guys are obviously finished, so what do you think of trading Landry to us?"

Miami: "NUH UH! We're not finished! But we would trade him for a 1st!"

Baltimore: click.

I'm not saying the team made the wrong decision on Landry for not taking a 3rd if one was indeed offered, however........there would be one reason to take a 3rd and that is that we'd get to use that 3rd this April and it'd have been higher than getting a 3rd round comp(which is not a sure thing)that would come at the end of the 3rd round. So not only would we be getting that pick a year sooner, we'd also get one about 20 picks higher too. Again, I don't know if a 3rd was indeed on the table

Ozzy rules!!

You're not going to give much in a trade when you know he's about to be a free agent in a few months.

Really bizarre situation. They apparently shopped Landry rather aggressively around the draft, and then again at the trade deadline? I'm not really sure what the deal is here. I understand wanting to trade him at the draft, with the idea that you can go into the draft with a plan to replace him right away....

What I don't get is why the team didn't simply take the best offer on the table at the trade deadline, when it was clear that the Cutler experiment wasn't working, the team was dying in the water, negotiations with Landry were going nowhere, and the coach was extremely frustrated with him.

What the hell are they doing in Davie? Get value for your assets when you can. Get a 3rd round pick for Landry in the 2018 draft right now, instead of a compensatory pick AT THE END of the third round, in 2019, and only if you refuse to be players in free agency. Stupid, stupid, stupid. When the decision to trade Ajayi was made, the team should have pulled the cord on Landry, too. Your season's toast, so maximize value toward future seasons.

Stupid.

Stupid.

The Dolphins' decision-makers are stupid.

Really bizarre situation. They apparently shopped Landry rather aggressively around the draft, and then again at the trade deadline? I'm not really sure what the deal is here. I understand wanting to trade him at the draft, with the idea that you can go into the draft with a plan to replace him right away....

What I don't get is why the team didn't simply take the best offer on the table at the trade deadline, when it was clear that the Cutler experiment wasn't working, the team was dying in the water, negotiations with Landry were going nowhere, and the coach was extremely frustrated with him.

What the hell are they doing in Davie? Get value for your assets when you can. Get a 3rd round pick for Landry in the 2018 draft right now, instead of a compensatory pick AT THE END of the third round, in 2019, and only if you refuse to be players in free agency. Stupid, stupid, stupid. When the decision to trade Ajayi was made, the team should have pulled the cord on Landry, too. Your season's toast, so maximize value toward future seasons.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Well said. Especially strong ending

Stupid.

Stupid.

People had a meltdown for the value we got for Ajayi. I can't even begin to fathom the outrage with a deal that nets a 3rd for Landry. Either way have no idea what picks were discussed.

I'm sure he has always been on the available for trade list, just like most players are for the right price.

Yeah I remember reading the 49ers called and asked about what it would take for the Patriots to trade Brady before getting Jimmy G.

Back
Top Bottom