Landry looking good in Pro Bowl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry looking good in Pro Bowl

I’m not watching either.

That's a shame. The NHL All-Star tournament has been pretty cool. Go Barkov!

To keep this football related, Landry's Pro Bowl feels to me like Marshall's 2011 Pro Bowl. Not sure if that's good or bad. Guess it depends on how you feel about Landry being a Dolphin in 2018.

Yea didn't watch one snap of the Pro Bowl. Crazy because I am home and on the computer doing some work and could easily turn the TV on . . . but I rather save the electricity for something else.

Not my cup of tea . . . but then again none of the All Star game really are. I used to like baseball but even that has gotten stale because I just don't follow the players like I used to.

I got Shameless marathon going on right now. Flag football really isn't my cup of tea.

Biggest mistake on this site in regards to him is thinking he is just some old regular slot WR.

I am not saying people aren't entitled to their opinion on whether to pay him or not. All I'm saying is the dollar amounts I have seen thrown around are within reason to resign him to a longterm deal. If we don't, hey what else is new, you can count on one hand the amount of draft picks we have actually extended past their rookie deals over the last decade.

But I have to cringe when I hear the statement "14 million for a slot? Let Juice walk and draft the Miami kid Berrios and we are set".

LOL . . . just no respect for the man.

I have an question for you, since I think you will answer it honestly, let’s say Miami pays juice the 14 M or whatever his number is and the guaranteed amount of dollars he wants, what percentage do you give it that he doesn’t let his emotions get out of control several times and cost his team?

That still part of a huge concern for me and it will look as though Gase has no control of his team with basically very little ramifications to Jarvis at that point. He did some of this stuff during a contract year.

Jarvis at 12 all in at 14 naw, through it around and secure rhe line or TE. I'd be willing to roll with Caroo and Grant

Fans want to penny pinch in a billionaire's game. It has gotten worse due to fantasy sports and video games and salary figures being attributed to players.

I don't believe it's necessarily that. At least, not in my case.

If there wasn't a salary cap, I wouldn't care what price we get him back at, I'd want him back. Yes, maybe he can get more money elsewhere from a team like the Browns or the Bears and if that's the route he wants to take, then I'm happy for him to get paid. He deserves it.

But if he wants to win while still getting paid a measly 12mil/year, then maybe we can use the extra 2-3 mil/year we save and put it towards getting a LG. Maybe offering a higher-end guard 5 or 6 mil a year will get him to sign instead of 3 or 4 mil a year.

We made a mistake by overpaying for Kiko and Branch last year and Suh is getting paid like a QB. Now we're paying for it and unfortunately it's with one of our best players.

Yep, catching a ball dropped from and drone and winning dodgeball are super useful skills...

the point is really about his competitive nature. This fire starts at an early age and those people are the kind you want on a team. They never phone it in, which doesn't always show up on a stat sheet!

Biggest mistake on this site in regards to him is thinking he is just some old regular slot WR.

I am not saying people aren't entitled to their opinion on whether to pay him or not. All I'm saying is the dollar amounts I have seen thrown around are within reason to resign him to a longterm deal. If we don't, hey what else is new, you can count on one hand the amount of draft picks we have actually extended past their rookie deals over the last decade.

But I have to cringe when I hear the statement "14 million for a slot? Let Juice walk and draft the Miami kid Berrios and we are set".

LOL . . . just no respect for the man.

Good post, That Mike Wallace number 1 receiver worked out good and we threw a **** ton of money at him! remember the negative impact he was as a team player as well. You never hear landry bad mouth Tanny

Good post, That Mike Wallace number 1 receiver worked out good and we threw a **** ton of money at him! remember the negative impact he was as a team player as well. You never hear landry bad mouth Tanny
If Landry leaves, I doubt subtleness will be applied when he comments on his former team. His camp has already thrown some of the team under the bus.

Yet, he has, not directly, but mentioning that he has done what he has done in spite of the QB situation. Not sure Wallace is a great example, that mistake got a GM fired. In fact, I think you could use Wallace as a cautionary tale...although, Wallace and Landry are not a like personality, they are both WR who had limitations to their game. We overpaid for what they did well, in spite of these limitations...really should not do that again. We made enough mistake last offseason paying guys more then they should.

If Landry leaves, I doubt subtleness will be applied when he comments on his former team. His camp has already thrown some of the team under the bus.

Based on his agent's comments the other day, I think there's a very good chance Landry will take lots of passive aggressive bitch boy shots at the Dolphins on Twitter if he winds up on another team.

Back
Top Bottom