Landry looking good in Pro Bowl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry looking good in Pro Bowl

I have an question for you, since I think you will answer it honestly, let’s say Miami pays juice the 14 M or whatever his number is and the guaranteed amount of dollars he wants, what percentage do you give it that he doesn’t let his emotions get out of control several times and cost his team?

That still part of a huge concern for me and it will look as though Gase has no control of his team with basically very little ramifications to Jarvis at that point. He did some of this stuff during a contract year.

I mean you probably will never be able to fully contain his emotion on the field.

But I have to be honest, this year was absolutely disgusting from an offensive standpoint at times and more often than not a fired up Juice was the only sign of life the team had. I am sure he was as frustrated as anybody . . . Not because of financials . . But because he is a competitive ass dude and we have very few guys that competitive on this team.

I like Adam Gase, but his focus needs to not be reeling in Jarvis Landry but on ensuring we never go through the "offensive" offensive stretch we went thru this season . . . I don't give a damn if Doughty starts . . . .it was an embarrassing stretch that got scapegoated for a whole bunch of other reasons and guys like Ajayi, offensive linemen and post season shots at Juice are getting blame when in actuality it should be him, his acquisitions in Cutler and Thomas. . . Along with his inability to get guys like Grant, Davis and Drake involved earlier.

For me, I am cool paying Jarvis knowing his temper on the field has shown that it can get the best of him at times.

If Landry leaves, I doubt subtleness will be applied when he comments on his former team. His camp has already thrown some of the team under the bus.

Monkey see monkey do lol

Both sides using third parties to express their feelings. Just get a deal done, kiss and makeup.

I was looking for a thread that didn't have "Landry" in it but I couldn't find one. It's going to be a loooooonnnngggggg time before free agency gets here man.

Ozzy rules!!

Monkey see monkey do lol

Both sides using third parties to express their feelings. Just get a deal done, kiss and makeup.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I fully expect multiple Armando Salguero pieces about what a shitty person Landry was if he winds up on another team. Mike Tannenbaum and Jarvis Landry honestly kind of deserve one another.

Biggest mistake on this site in regards to him is thinking he is just some old regular slot WR.

I am not saying people aren't entitled to their opinion on whether to pay him or not. All I'm saying is the dollar amounts I have seen thrown around are within reason to resign him to a longterm deal. If we don't, hey what else is new, you can count on one hand the amount of draft picks we have actually extended past their rookie deals over the last decade.

But I have to cringe when I hear the statement "14 million for a slot? Let Juice walk and draft the Miami kid Berrios and we are set".

LOL . . . just no respect for the man.

Since when has 8,9,10,11, hell may $12M a year "No respect for the man?" What planet are you from? How many people can say salaries with that kind of numbers is "No respect?" Also, be honest, do you have associations with his camp?

Personally, I wouldn't pay him a dime over $9.5M a year.

Since when has 8,9,10,11, hell may $12M a year "No respect for the man?" What planet are you from? How many people can say salaries with that kind of numbers is "No respect?" Also, be honest, do you have associations with his camp?

Personally, I wouldn't pay him a dime over $9.5M a year.

Personally if I had 9.5M I wouldn't pay him a dime

1j9lh8.jpg

My use of the word respect was in reference to people who view him as this any old replaceable slot . . . To the point where I have seen suggestions of drafting Berrios and we are set. Read again.

And honestly why does it need to be I am associated with his camp or what planet am I from? I have stated and broken down figures and reasonings to why a UFA contract of 14 million is fine. You don't have to like the figures or even agree with them but I have coorelated Them to previous cap and UFA figures and "I" concluded that a 14 million AAV with sizeable guarantees is "within reason" for Jarvis. No its not an easy number to hear but it is not unreasonable by any means.

It is the Fins move. They can lose another successful draft pick or ante up and keep a successful component to their offense.

Still think the franchise tag is heavily in play and will likely force Miami to raise their offer and get a last hour deal done.

As a suggestion for you, If you can't be civil in a debate about financials without referencing a list of outdated contracts from non UFAs when lower caps were in effect or making suggestions about a person based off poor assumptions, then I think you should sit this one out until March.

1j9lh8.jpg

Personally if I had 9.5M I wouldn't pay him a dime

1j9lh8.jpg

My use of the word respect was in reference to people who view him as this any old replaceable slot . . . To the point where I have seen suggestions of drafting Berrios and we are set. Read again.

And honestly why does it need to be I am associated with his camp or what planet am I from? I have stated and broken down figures and reasonings to why a UFA contract of 14 million is fine. You don't have to like the figures or even agree with them but I have coorelated Them to previous cap and UFA figures and "I" concluded that a 14 million AAV with sizeable guarantees is "within reason" for Jarvis. No its not an easy number to hear but it is not unreasonable by any means.

It is the Fins move. They can lose another successful draft pick or ante up and keep a successful component to their offense.

Still think the franchise tag is heavily in play and will likely force Miami to raise their offer and get a last hour deal done.

As a suggestion for you, If you can't be civil in a debate about financials without referencing a list of outdated contracts from non UFAs when lower caps were in effect or making suggestions about a person based off poor assumptions, then I think you should sit this one out until March.

1j9lh8.jpg
I've kind of slowed down on the Landry issue because I remembered how we all got suckered by the media just last season with Stills. They got the story out that he was asking for 12M per which caused pretty much the same division on the boards... He ended up signing for 8M per... 4M less than what was "reported"... Now Stills team are saying they took a hometown discount in order to remain in Miami and I dont think Landry is willing to do that, but I'm still not wasting anymore time on this arbitrary 14M per number...

http://finheaven.com/threads/kenny-stills-market-at-12-million-yr.339242/

I've kind of slowed down on the Landry issue because I remembered how we all got suckered by the media just last season with Stills. They got the story out that he was asking for 12M per which caused pretty much the same division on the boards... He ended up signing for 8M per... 4M less than what was "reported"... Now Stills team are saying they took a hometown discount in order to remain in Miami and I dont think Landry is willing to do that, but I'm still not wasting anymore time on this arbitrary 14M per number...

http://finheaven.com/threads/kenny-stills-market-at-12-million-yr.339242/

I think With Kenny, he is such a unique personality and everything clicked down here so it made a lot of sense for him to stay when he factored in everything. Remember it was said that Drew Brees didn't like him and he was jettisoned to Miami. He felt way more loved here.

I think Jarvis can pretty much go anywhere and fit in, especially if the love in Miami is gone.

Back
Top Bottom