Landry’s price increases with Hopkins signing | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry’s price increases with Hopkins signing

He's a Jackass if he did. I like Landry but that's just a punk thing to do.
You damn right it's a punk thing to do, actions speak louder than words and he's been saying all the right things and then to do something like this....

Awesome, now we have people downgrading Landry b/c of our defensive whoas.

Lol. No I'm not. I'm talking about racking up catches in garbage time. Show me games where he caught 6, 7, 8 or double digit balls and it mattered. He piles up catches in blowouts.

I'm playing devil's advocate to a degree. I love the guy, his passion yada yada. But c'mon, his aggregate stats are inflated by catching a lot of throws teams are conceding in games we're getting smeared in because Tanny settles for underneath throws. if you look at his biggest output games, they're almost always games that were over very early.

Lol. No I'm not. I'm talking about racking up catches in garbage time. Show me games where he caught 6, 7, 8 or double digit balls and it mattered. He piles up catches in blowouts.

I'm playing devil's advocate to a degree. I love the guy, his passion yada yada. But c'mon, his aggregate stats are inflated by catching a lot of throws teams are conceding in games we're getting smeared in because Tanny settles for underneath throws. if you look at his biggest output games, they're almost always games that were over very early.

Great, now we have people downgrading Landry b/c of our defensive whoas.

I don't think average fans, or any fan probably, can wrap their heads around what impact the rising cap has on individual or positional player salaries. Its uncharted waters. We're not the Seahawks in the talent department, not even close, so there is no reason we should be letting one of best draft picks of the century walk in free agency, regardless of how big the numbers look. We should have extended him but at this point all we can do is let the market decide his worth and match it.

Hopkins is a considerably more valuable player than Landry. I hope we don't pay Landry anything like that, and I love Landry.
I'm not so sure about this. Hopkins had 1 monster season in 2015. How are you basing his value to the Texans vs Jarvis to the Dolphins?

I'm not so sure about this. Hopkins had 1 monster season in 2015. How are you basing his value to the Texans vs Jarvis to the Dolphins?

Hopkins is very damn good. You have to take all of his QB's (and their severe lack of quality) into consideration and how he has still produced.

Ready?

Matt Schaub
Case Keenum
Bryan Hoyer
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Ryan Mallet
TJ Yates
Brandon Weeden
Brock Osweiller
Tom Savage.

Have all started for the Texans at one point or another over the past four years of Hopkin's career.

Landry isn't going anywhere. Gase loves him and said he isn't going to be traded. Also when asked about his contract, he has always reacted in a positive manner.

Landry has done everything as proper as you'd expect....attending workouts and training camp as if there is no issue.

Because there isn't any issue. Gase doesn't lie to his players. The deal will get done regardless of how much we have to pay him.

The only question is how much.

Hopkins is very damn good. You have to take all of his QB's (and their severe lack of quality) into consideration and how he has still produced.

Ready?

Matt Schaub
Case Keenum
Bryan Hoyer
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Ryan Mallet
TJ Yates
Brandon Weeden
Brock Osweiller
Tom Savage.

Have all started for the Texans at one point or another over the past four years of Hopkin's career.
That list is disgusting.

What I've read on FinHeaven:
  • "I wouldn't trade Landry for a second rounder."
  • "I would want two second round picks for Landry."
  • "I wouldn't accept less than a first round pick for Landry. He's a future Hall of Famer."
  • "Jarvis Landry deserves to get paid like a #1 WR."
Etc...

Now? Five year contract valued at $81M, $49M guaranteed to a WR better than Landry, but of course that means Landry's price just went up.

View attachment 9643
gtfoh

We're talking about a player who rarely ever stretches the field because he's slow and almost always gets caught from behind. He's scored 13 TDs since he's been here. In three years. THREE. An elite, #1 WR should get close to that amount of TDs or more in one season. Jarvis Landry is a very good slot guy. No doubt about that, but you want to pay a slot guy #1 money? I'm glad none of you are the GM.

We've been through it over and over on this forum. Some people never learn. Davone Bess and Brian Hartline came here, caught a lot of balls, and that was enough for some. They were overvalued by fans. Granted, Landry is better than those two (although an argument could be made for Hartline), but there's always a lot of arguments about what a slot WRs value is if he plays for the Dolphins. It should be obvious by watching the games.

I get it. We've gone a long time without consistent, dynamic production at the WR position, so anyone who comes in and catches 100 balls is viewed as a higher value player, TD and other telling stats be damned. Still, don't Dolphins fans watch other games? How do you watch teams with dangerous weapons and then say Landry deserves #1 money?

I don't blame Landry for wanting big money. I'd do the same. It's a violent sport. Get all you can while you can; however, Landry himself knows he's not a #1 WR. He knows exactly what a #1 WR looks and smells like. Odell was his teammate in college.

Had me til ya said an argument could be made for Hartline. Hartline wasn't half the receiver Jarvis is, come on dude.

jarvis retweeted the news of this deal.. he knows this means more chash mullah baby

Not only should the team be hearing any trade offers, they should be actively pursuing offers.

I love Landry, but if we don't trade him, he's walking for free in 6 months. He seems to be quite greedy and acting just short of a diva when it comes to his money. I'm tired of hearing it.

If Parker has a good year and Landry wants 16, parkers gonna want 18+. So, 18+16+8 is 42 million per year for our top 3 WRs. Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom