Landry’s price increases with Hopkins signing | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry’s price increases with Hopkins signing

last year Stills had almost as much touchdowns as Landry for his entire career.

I'd keep the guy that scores points.

And in Still's first 3 years his TD numbers were slightly less than Landry's career 3 so far. (Stills - 11, Landry - 13)

Stills and Landry are complementary, not comparable. Both feed off what the other is able to against defenses.

Don't get it mixed up here. Stills TD's production was/is a direct result of the attention that Landry commands in the MOF and the Gase/Christensen offense.

Silly stats like yards per reception don't matter either. Passion and emotion is what wins championships.

View attachment 9648

View attachment 9649
Different skill sets. Both important. I love our WR core - all of our top 3 guys are immensely talented. This is a critical year for Parker to show he can play to his potential.

And in Still's first 3 years his TD numbers were slightly less than Landry's career 3 so far. (Stills - 11, Landry - 13)

Stills and Landry are complementary, not comparable. Both feed off what the other is able to against defenses.

Don't get it mixed up here. Stills TD's production was/is a direct result of the attention that Landry commands in the MOF and the Gase/Christensen offense.
Exactly. Comparing these guys is silly.

Tom Brady is the 15th highest paid QB in the league, it is why NE is always contending for a championship. They have created an environment where players except less money to improve the team. Gase is trying to build the same environment and if Landry is only concern being paid like the a top 5 receiver in the league then the team needs to let him walk.

"Heart of the offense"

Whatever that means lol.

It means a player who is involved in almost 95% of the offensive snaps and an NFL record 288 receptions over 3 years.

Gentlemen, stop looking silly for trying to discredit what Landry brings to this squad just b/c you don't think he should be paid like a top WR.

If that's the case, cut bait and invest where we need it like Oline or LBs... Sorry but we're wealthy with WR talent and don't need Jarvis.
We tried that one year - we had 3 morons who couldn't find the EZ in the Lingerie League as WR in Hartline, Bess and Gibson. We invested in a lot of O-linemen. And we sucked anyway. Apparently it's really hard to find good guards because we've been at it for 5 years or so now.

Tom Brady is the 15th highest paid QB in the league, it is why NE is always contending for a championship. They have created an environment where players except less money to improve the team. Gase is trying to build the same environment and if Landry is only concern being paid like the a top 5 receiver in the league then the team needs to let him walk.

I can agree with this. That's valid logic for team building. Top 5 money? Nah. But giving him top 10 now won't be top 10 in only a year so can see that type of contract being agreed upon - hopefully.

It means a player who is involved in almost 95% of the offensive snaps and an NFL record 288 receptions over 3 years.

Gentlemen, stop looking silly for trying to discredit what Landry brings to this squad just b/c you don't think he should be paid like a top WR.
But but but...just plug Caroo in there - he can do what Jarvis does no problem...

I can agree with this. That's valid logic for team building. Top 5 money? Nah. But giving him top 10 now won't be top 10 in only a year so can see that type of contract being agreed upon - hopefully.
Yup, that would be great.

I don't have a problem with giving Landry top 10 money, but he doesn't deserve top 5 money.

You were able to find one of the few plays where no one caught him and he outran the defense, which is something Kenny is able to do quite often. Congrats lol.
He rebounded from that drop in a huge way. Kudos to Kenny. I love our WR corps.

failphins.0.gif

vOp2rr.gif
That Landry play is a top 10 catch and run in the entire fins history. It's that good.

He rebounded from that drop in a huge way. Kudos to Kenny. I love our WR corps.

Amazing how just a few years back how we longed for a real WR corp. Now we have a pretty exceptional group that is just beginning to come together and people are like, "No thanks. I've seen enough". :facepalm

Not to mention, we don't even have a TE that can replace the MOF production Landry provides either.

Back
Top Bottom