Lane Johnson had the 'freakiest Combine' ever (Rotoworld) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lane Johnson had the 'freakiest Combine' ever (Rotoworld)

If there is a run on QBs early and he somehow drops to us Im all for the pick. A 4.72 can get downfield nicely for that 2nd level block and the kid is athletic enough to do whats needed of him in Philbin's scheme. If he isn't there Im still on board for Cooper who would also immediately make our OLine better. Like Ive said before:

Step 1 - Draft franchise QB. Check
Step 2 - Provide QB with weapons. Check
Step 3 - Protect QB - ummmm?

Also, if you look at the history of the 1st rd picks of the Pack while Philbin was there and Fins under Ireland you will see 4 OL picks, 3 DL picks, 2 QBs, 3 LBs, 2 CBs, and no receivers. If I was a betting man off of history Id be betting on an OL this year. Either Johnson, Cooper, or Warmack would be starters the next 5 years with a good shot at constant pro bowls. Isnt that what you want out of a 12 regardless of position?

Wow, Pouncy was a great pick IMO and I don't see how anyone could disagree with that but hey, we all have our opinions. And I don't like Ryan and think Flacco is better not because of their playoff successes, but because I think Flacco is more physically gifted and Ryan doesn't have the elite intangibles that say an Andrew Luck has. Sorry I just don't believe in Matt Ryan (look at the offensive talent vs. the Ravens) and I DO BELIEVE JAKE LONG WAS THE CORRECT PICK (see 2008).

dIEezYd-1.jpg

Your last 3 posts are the very definition of delusion.

Unfortunately, we'll never be able to forecast that over time, you will see. If you were ever going to.... you'd see it by now.

Lol, you just don't get it. Offensive line is kinda important in football, and you will see. Ireland is a great and PATIENT GM, far superior intellectually to you and most posters on this site, LMFAO!:420::3w::sidelol:

Great response. It's like you brought a wiffle ball bat to a gun fight.

I don't agree with anything you say, why should I read that garbage, as I continue to say all you Ireland doubter's, haters, swindlers, and scammers you will see. lol I'm done arguing with that which is beneath me.

Actually you are, Dc, considering reregistering is against TOS. But I do like your rants, so I'm going to do you the great favor of pinking you. See you in the depths!

Last edited by a moderator:
:hclap:
At what point do we stop trying to address "needs" and start trying to gain an advantage over our competition? Atlanta didn't "need" a WR, but they still went with a playmaker in Jones to give themselves an advantage, and it paid off. There are plenty of other examples, but if we're settling for addressing basic needs with every single move, we're going to get nowhere. We could use more playmakers on offense, for example.

Also, why is it okay to draft for need only when it comes to the line? Every year I read "BPA! BPA!" from people that were looking for excuses to not draft a QB because they supposedly weren't the "BPA," but now a lot of those exact same people have no problem with it if it's a lineman because they see it as the biggest need in the history of the Miami Dolphins organization. (note: not talking about you)

Trade partners to move up to grab Lane Johnson.

Browns - provided Milliner is off the board. Trade Value Chart Cost are picks #12 & #42. I'm definitely not in favor of this.

Bills - provided Geno Smith is off the board. Trade Value Chart Cost are picks #12 & #77. In favor of this. We have to retain both of our second rounders to build this team.

Jets - they would jump just to get more pick regardless of who's on the board. Trade Value Chart Cost are picks #12 & #82 but would give #77.

If we can parlay our 12th pick and 3a pick into Lane Johnson then why wouldn't we? Lane Johnson has huge upside as a franchise LT (which is still an extremely important position) and he is a consensus top 20 player in the draft.
Personally, I want Eifert at 12 over anyone but I would be very happy with Eifert, Lane Johnson, Tavon Austin, Trufant or Jarvis Jones.

You forgot about the Eifert groupies. :brewskis:

a.k.a. playmaker groupies, touchdown groupies, winning groupies, etc. I have no problem with that association. Far better than cornfed groupies, stuck in the 70's groupies, The Blindside groupies, still not sure what it takes to win in the modern NFL groupies, etc.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2h
The Dolphins really like Joekel and Fisher. But I KNOW they have questions about Johnson. So there's that.

Back
Top Bottom