Lane Johnson had the 'freakiest Combine' ever (Rotoworld) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lane Johnson had the 'freakiest Combine' ever (Rotoworld)

Wow, Pouncy was a great pick IMO and I don't see how anyone could disagree with that but hey, we all have our opinions. And I don't like Ryan and think Flacco is better not because of their playoff successes, but because I think Flacco is more physically gifted and Ryan doesn't have the elite intangibles that say an Andrew Luck has. Sorry I just don't believe in Matt Ryan (look at the offensive talent vs. the Ravens) and I DO BELIEVE JAKE LONG WAS THE CORRECT PICK (see 2008).

Because even if Pouncey turns into the best center in the history of the NFL he wont have any real impact on adding numbers to the win column. With the exception of perhaps a fumble recovery at a critical moment, you will never ever hear anyone say "..and they won that game because of the center! What an impact player!"

Do tell, over the last 2 years how many games has Mike Pouncey won for us?

I think the Long pick was more about Ryan not being elite and hoping a guy like Tannehill who can be elite comes along, than it was about Jake Long. I just don't think Parcells and maybe even Ireland thought Ryan was worthy of a #1 selection and I completely agree.

We've had garbage quarterback play because we've been spending all our draft picks on offensive lineman. So yeah, thats related.

And the best teams in the league only succeed when they draft a quarterback and then invest in skill positions.

The true flaw was that the Dolphins thought that Chad Henne would develop into something more than he ultimately was and that was a backup level type QB. They thought that fortifying the offensive line would enhance his development but they were wrong. I really think we can't underestimate how much this philosophy was influenced originally by Parcells and finally by Tony Sporano. I think you can see how Philbin's influence has changed their philosophy some. They have added different types of skill players and are shifting to more athletic offensive lineman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because even if Pouncey turns into the best center in the history of the NFL he wont have any real impact on adding numbers to the win column. With the exception of perhaps a fumble recovery at a critical moment, you will never ever hear anyone say "..and they won that game because of the center! What an impact player!"

Wow dude, I can't even argue with that. I just know that guys like you and some others on this thread just simply don't get it. Over time, you will see.

To expound on that, the approach to that draft was just bad in terms of philosophically picking players. Going into that draft we were desperate for a qb. Desperate. So instead we select, arguably the second least important position on the field. Heck, I'll argue carpenter, our kicker, lost us more games last year than pouncey won for us. Pouncey is a great player but he's still a center. The next two qbs taken after our pick? One made the pro bowl and had a real nice sophomore season and the second played in the Super Bowl.

Now I'm not saying I'd rather have dalton or Colin k. over tanny but I have an issue with the mentality and approach to ignore the qb position to draft an interior lineman. If we drafted a pass rusher or a playmaker I would understand a little more but a damn center?

Wow dude, I can't even argue with that. I just know that guys like you and some others on this thread just simply don't get it. Over time, you will see.

Your last 3 posts are the very definition of delusion.

Unfortunately, we'll never be able to forecast that over time, you will see. If you were ever going to.... you'd see it by now.

To expound on that, the approach to that draft was just bad in terms of philosophically picking players. Going into that draft we were desperate for a qb. Desperate. So instead we select, arguably the second least important position on the field. Heck, I'll argue carpenter, our kicker, lost us more games last year than pouncey won for us. Pouncey is a great player but he's still a center. The next two qbs taken after our pick? One made the pro bowl and had a real nice sophomore season and the second played in the Super Bowl.

Now I'm not saying I'd rather have dalton or Colin k. over tanny but I have an issue with the mentality and approach to ignore the qb position to draft an interior lineman. If we drafted a pass rusher or a playmaker I would understand a little more but a damn center?

Unfortunately, we'll never be able to forecast that over time, you will see. If you were ever going to.... you'd see it by now.[/QUO

Lol, you just don't get it. Offensive line is kinda important in football, and you will see. Ireland is a great and PATIENT GM, far superior intellectually to you and most posters on this site, LMFAO!:420::3w::sidelol:

So when he opens up a giant whole for Lamar Miller to run through for a touchdown he didn't have an impact on winning the game? Or if he keeps Ryan Tannehill from getting sacked while he throws a touchdown pass he didn't have an impact on winning the game? How much impact does Calvin Johnson , Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson have on winning games without good QB play. It all starts withe the QB. Then it is about surrounding him with as many great players as you can at any position.

So when he opens up a giant whole for Lamar Miller to run through for a touchdown he didn't have an impact on winning the game? Or if he keeps Ryan Tannehill from getting sacked while he throws a touchdown pass he didn't have an impact on winning the game? How much impact does Calvin Johnson , Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson have on winning games without good QB play. It all starts withe the QB. Then it is about surrounding him with as many great players as you can at any position.

Stop being logical dude, there is no place for that **** on this site. LMFAO.

Unfortunately, we'll never be able to forecast that over time, you will see. If you were ever going to.... you'd see it by now.[/QUO

Lol, you just don't get it. Offensive line is kinda important in football, and you will see. Ireland is a great and PATIENT GM, far superior intellectually to you and most posters on this site, LMFAO!:420::3w::sidelol:

Wow

1) Run game has never been less important. Teams now throw something like 60% of their offensive snaps, and that number is only going up.
2) Centers can lose you games, they cant win you games.
3) Peterson just carried his team into the playoffs and Johnson/Fitz helps the quarterback be productive. Even bad throws can be caught by those elite players, directly improving the quarterback play. But yes, it all is about the quarterback position and great players. And great players should play impact positions.

TedSlimmJr ur the type of person to call the man who found out the universe doesn't revolve around the earth delusional, but like I said you will see and I won't even care :)

Of course you cant argue with that, its all correct.

Will i have to wait another half a decade to "get it"? How long will the wait be this time?

I remember Ireland's quote about Koa Misi after he drafted him, saying he actually attended the game, and Misi "terrorized Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.... recording 3 sacks"....

Koa Misi didn't make a single play behind the LOS against Alabama. It was Stevenson Sylvester that had 3 sacks.

Jeff Ireland is hilariously inept. The only thing that makes my sides hurt more than Ireland himself is knowing that there's still folks like you out there that buy this clown. There's no question that it's a deserving relationship. I hope you have him for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom