Latest Rumors | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Rumors

we should take ryan and hold him captive from atlanta, then see what they will offer for him... if all else fails we've got a possible franchise qb in our laps.

I find it interesting that so many of you discount the possibility of Miami taking Matt Ryan. Last I checked the QB position is not settled at all. It's not like Beck tore it up last season. IMO for the money you pay with the top spot you have to take a great prospect at a KEY position. Ryan is at the most important position on the roster. Miami may like Beck but I would not be surprised to see them take the only blue chip QB on the board. I am not saying Beck will not be the Fins guy, but I am saying the fact that so many seem to know Ryan is not going to be Miami's pick makes me think he is the one they will most likely take.

At #5 you may be able to get a Vernon Golston which is not as good as C.Long but a nice prize as well in the Merriman mold.
I think Vernon Goldston is going to turn out to be the best defensive player in this draft. If the Dolphins could drop to #5 and get Golston it would be be great.

True, our only real hope is ATL ... and even then -- it might even take us drafting Ryan, and THEN working out a trade with ATL ....

Otherwise, if I'm ATL ... i'm just not worried. It's really not a big risk - thinking that we'll select Ryan. Of course, he could have a pro day that just 'wow's' everyone .. to include Parcells and Ireland, and that's what we need to hope for.

A great pro day, we roll the dice and draft him ... and then hope someone comes calling -- of course, we also have to be comfortable enough with him as the pick, as we might get stuck with it.

I would never discount the possibility of a trade for the number #1 pick. There are 32 teams and anyone of those teams that is enamored with a particular player could entertain a trade for the number one pick. You say, "why not wait?". Because waiting presents the opportunity for another team to trade past you for the player you target.
Atlanta has the third pick and are convinced Miami is not going to take Ryan so they wait for him to fall past Miami and the Rams to no#3. Well just suppose for example the Ravens, (and I am not insinuating the Ravens want Ryan) decide Matt Ryan is the next Peyton Manning and want a franchise QB for the next ten years. At the last minute the Ravens make a trade to the Rams for Ryan. Waiting has just caused the Falcons to lose out on the one player they targeted in the draft. The only real way of guaranteeing that any team gets a specific player of Ryan or Chris Long's or Jake Long's caliber is trading up to the No#1 position where no other team can move past you to select the player you want. If any team considers Matt Ryan the next big thing, the only way that team can eliminate risk is by trading with Miami for the No#1 pick. Will it happen? Probably not, but there is always a chance. Depends on how badly a team wants the player they have targeted and how big a chance they wont to take that player is there when they reach their pick.
A prime example is the Giants and Chargers trade involving Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers. Did the Chargers really want Eli Manning at No#1 or did they know how bad the Giants wanted Eli Manning and anticipated what the Giants would give up for him?

I'm not sure why fans can't understand that...it's really simple...and with a top heavy draft as this is...it's really possible to do several trades. Whats a second round pick to a team that wants a certain player...do you think the Falcons can go after a second tier QB...now? They will gamble on Ryan...not because he may have earned it...but it sells to the fans...and it's all about the money.

I am not so sure that I agree that this is a top heavy draft. I wish it were, but I just don't see it.

I am not so sure that I agree that this is a top heavy draft. I wish it were, but I just don't see it.

Both Longs...Ryan...Ellis...Dorsey and Gholston...whats not to see? Of course I could have missed one that some team really likes. After them there's a slide...

Another example why the Falcons are going to take Ryan;

Falcons Axe Harrington[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...The Atlanta Falcons have released QB Joey Harrington[/FONT]

Another example why the Falcons are going to take Ryan;

Falcons Axe Harrington[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...The Atlanta Falcons have released QB Joey Harrington[/FONT]

Pete, I agree...I think Atlanta will in fact move up to our #1 and take Ryan. What would be fair compensation?

The chart says more or less a 2nd and a 3rd rounder...but I think Parcells would be smart to say...I'll take your second this year and your second next year.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/NFLDraftChart.html

If I was the GM, I would say give us your second for our #1. Forget the point system for a second. If we are targetting one of the Long's he will be there. We also have the oppurtunity to trade down for a team wanting Mcfadden. We need the picks and if we can move back two spots, pick up a high second, save money on the signing, it's a major win. We now can take for example Jake Long, Joe Flacco, and a CB like Cromartie or BPA. If we take Ryan, now we take a 2nd round tackle, and have to wait until late second to get another DB LB or WR

The thing certain about Atlanta is that they signed Mike Turner; DMac is no long on the table.

Does Atlanta really need a QB? Remember their HC won at Jacksonville with a 3rd rd QB nobody else wanted.

The thing certain about Atlanta is that they signed Mike Turner; DMac is no long on the table.

Does Atlanta really need a QB? Remember their HC won at Jacksonville with a 3rd rd QB nobody else wanted.

Lets see they have Redman and Shockley...what do you think? :rolleyes2:

no one is tradeing any picks it not worht getting cauhg up in . parcells cant make this happen because no one can. the falcons would be stupid to trade up for ryan and we would be stupid for taking him

Back
Top Bottom