Latest Rumors | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Rumors

no one is tradeing any picks it not worht getting cauhg up in . parcells cant make this happen because no one can. the falcons would be stupid to trade up for ryan and we would be stupid for taking him

You really do have to stop drinking that juice before you post here.

This is from Peter King's MMQB:

"6. I think you shouldn't make too much of this, but Bill Parcells, czar of the Dolphins, holder of the first pick in the draft, called Boston College coach Jeff Jagodzinski the other day and requested video of every one of quarterback Matt Ryan's 654 passes last fall. I still say Ryan at No. 3, to Atlanta, makes the most sense."

I can see Parcells taking a little less for the #1 pick. The chart they use is out of date now, but if we are able to move down to 3 I could see him moving further down and getting more first day selections. There are players out there that some teams are going to want to move up for. This a better position to be in then when we drafted Brown a couple years ago. Alex Smith was the highest rated QB and there weren't any domanating linemen. McFadden running a 4.33 only helped. I think there is at least some hope of trading down this year.
Ok, I have more. this year the first day is only 2 rounds and since the Patriots lost their 1st rounder only 63 players will be off the board when the 3rd round starts. I think there is an excellent chance we trade out of the 1st pick in round 3. Every team will have 12 hours to go over the players that are left and you know that there is going to be a couple of guys undrafted that some teams had rated very high.

Lets see they have Redman and Shockley...what do you think? :rolleyes2:

I think Mike Smith has proven he can win ballgames by power running the ball and using a 3round guy as QB.

Rumors that are floating around the league... Falcons owner Arthur Blank is said to covet Boston College QB Matt Ryan...the Dolphins will pass on Matt Ryan with the first pick in the Draft...Dolphins V.P. Bill Parcells is said to be interested in taking fellow New Jersey native Joe Flacco with one of the teams picks in the Draft...the Broncos are considering making a move up in the Draft to select either USC DT Sedric Ellis or LSU DT Glenn Dorsey...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bills QB J.P. Losman's name has been linked in trades to Minnesota, Detroit, Atlanta and Green Bay.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sounds good for the Dolphins!![/FONT]

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/AlsHotNwsRms.html

I seriously doubt we have enough interest in Flacco to draft him. For one he played against poor competition - which means he will not be able to adjust to the speed of the game right away - that means he is a project. It also means he isn't worth drafting as high as he will go (perhaps 2nd round). We also potentially can have a pretty good team next year already if we can find 3 starting quality players at the top of the draft. Plus we already have two quarterbacks that arent as raw but have talent on the roster. I think they are already pleased. I didn't say satisfied, I said pleased - with what we are working with. If we drafted a QB I would look for somebody like Josh Johnson - who ran a 4.45 and has a very good arm but is a project - in the later rounds (ie after we can't find another starting quality player anymore) - so perhaps 5th round

I honestly believe we'll get a couple trade offers for sure, but maybe not from Atlanta. Kansas City will be itching for Jake Long, Cincy is gonna want to insure a good DT is available. And I do think Arthur Blank will try to trade with us cause he's desperate for a face to the franchise.

I think at this point it's either Chris Long or Matt Ryan. We have needs at both positions, but Ryan gives us the chance to trade down and Long fills a more glaring need (with us missing out on Pace).

Quite a tough choice. I personally say to go with Ryan because at best you have bargaining chip in your hands to trade down, and worst case scenario you have some great competition for John Beck. Few can fault a team that has been a hole of crummy QBs for making absolutely sure they had a few promising candidates (I doubt Cleveland regrets it).

I honestly believe we'll get a couple trade offers for sure, but maybe not from Atlanta. Kansas City will be itching for Jake Long, Cincy is gonna want to insure a good DT is available. And I do think Arthur Blank will try to trade with us cause he's desperate for a face to the franchise.

i rem ireland during SR bowl week range he said they would liek to trade out but def stay within the top 10 in roudn 1.

i rem ireland during SR bowl week range he said they would liek to trade out but def stay within the top 10 in roudn 1.

my point being, it is still very early in the process. Several teams have yet to have pro days, and there is about a month of private workouts. The final week leading up to the draft is when things will become clear.

I think there are only a couple garuntees. 1)Al Davis will go for a big name guy instead of BPA 2)The Falcons want Matt Ryan 3)The Jet fans will boo their pick.

Why??? They know we are not drafting him, and neither are the Rams considering the contract extension they gave Bulger.

People, the only chance we have of trading out of #1 is Dallas and Jerry Jones obsession for McFadden.

Actually, you are completely incorrect. As Mike Mayock stated, MIA just has to sign him to a contract and call them and tell them do you want him? MIA "will" take Matt Ryan at #1...whether they keep him is the story.

I seriously doubt we have enough interest in Flacco to draft him. For one he played against poor competition - which means he will not be able to adjust to the speed of the game right away - that means he is a project. It also means he isn't worth drafting as high as he will go (perhaps 2nd round). We also potentially can have a pretty good team next year already if we can find 3 starting quality players at the top of the draft. Plus we already have two quarterbacks that arent as raw but have talent on the roster. I think they are already pleased. I didn't say satisfied, I said pleased - with what we are working with. If we drafted a QB I would look for somebody like Josh Johnson - who ran a 4.45 and has a very good arm but is a project - in the later rounds (ie after we can't find another starting quality player anymore) - so perhaps 5th round

Enough interest in Flacco? He was the first player Parcells spoke to at the senior Bowl. He was interviewed again at the Combine...he's from N.J....and There's not a QB in the draft thats ready for the "speed" of the NFL....just look at the QB's taken and you can see that easily. Josh Johnson isn't a QB that would fit a Parcells type of QB...he threw lousy at the combine...as in wounded ducks...Thanks but no Thanks.

I just don't get how people can still even imagine that MIA would be even entertaining the thought of MIA taking Chris Long after all the clues and signs via FA pointing to the fact that MIA is "not" interested in Chris Long and have left the draft for OL, QB, and CB.

My predictions at the end of day 1 of the NFL draft:

#3 pick: Jake Long, #32 pick: Joe Flacco, #57 pick: Carl Nicks, and Deangelo Hall via the trade down.

Why??? They know we are not drafting him, and neither are the Rams considering the contract extension they gave Bulger.

People, the only chance we have of trading out of #1 is Dallas and Jerry Jones obsession for McFadden.
That is, until Miami drafts him! It's happened before. If Parcells and Co really rank Ryan high, they can very well just up and pick him. If Atlanta has a hard on for him, they'll work something out. If not, they're exit strategy is ... they get a QB they rated very damn high.

Again, this is assuming they have him ranked high. No idea if they do.

Back
Top Bottom