Latest Rumors | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Rumors

As has been stated by a couple of other posters in this and other threads:

Miami does NOT have to convince Atlanta that we are interested in Ryan, we just have to convince Atlanta that some other team is interested in trading with us to draft Ryan.

If we were really interested in Ryan, why would we trade with Atlanta in the first place? We would just draft him.

Atlanta knows that if no trades are made for picks #1 or #2, then they will have Ryan fall to them. Most teams in the NFL know this. Any team that wants Ryan has to trade with us or the Rams to get Ryan before Atlanta drafts him. That is what might drive a trade between Atlanta and Miami--the Falcon's fear that some other team will work out a deal with us for the #1 so they can take Ryan.

:lol: What are some of you guys gonna do when we take Matt Ryan? :lol: May as well at least warm up to the thought so it wont sting so bad when it happens. Theres still room on the Mattywagon for all phin fans.

:lol: What are some of you guys gonna do when we take Matt Ryan? :lol: May as well at least warm up to the thought so it wont sting so bad when it happens. Theres still room on the Mattywagon for all phin fans.

Thanks...but I'll walk. You just can't trust them Wagons.:wink:

I have this hope that you are going to be as disappointed as last years' Quinn supporters. Ryan may be a good QB, I just don't think he's worth the #1 overall pick of the draft. jmho.

gotta go jake long

we have no depth in the oline nevernd a starter
we have a great running game and this'll only make it better
it'll give beck the time he needs to be a dominant qb and the recivers the time to get open

jake long
brandon flowers
chilo rachal
erin henderson

Possible...but I don't see the Rams taking J. Long at 2 while they could go after Long as a future replacement for Pace...they have a greater need for a DE so I can see them select C. Long instead...so J. Long would be still available at 3...which the Dolphins would hold with a trade from the Falcons. Again...then it's easy to see a trade down again with K.C. for their 5th pick.

Again, why would the Falcon move up 2 spots to take Ryan, when they KNOW that Miami and St Louis WON'T TAKE HIM. It makes no sense. Ask your self, who's the competition with Atlanta that needs a QB? KC? Baltimore? Carolina? Do you hear any of the teams talking about trading up to get Matt Ryan. This will all play out in about 4-5 more weeks. Nothing is going to happen as far as trading down in the 1st week of March. Give it time, Parcell/Ireland know what there doing.

How about we trade with KC for their 5th pick, 2nd rounder and their 1st for next year????

Why??? They know we are not drafting him, and neither are the Rams considering the contract extension they gave Bulger.

People, the only chance we have of trading out of #1 is Dallas and Jerry Jones obsession for McFadden.

I really doubt your theory here. The only player the dolphins won't be taking for sure is darren mcfadden and right now no1 is really knocking down the door trying to get him, if jones really wants mcfadden a trade with a team b/t 3-5 or even higher, would make much more sense and save the team a bunch of $. I know that alot of people here all want to do this trade with dallas but i really dont think it has a shot. I personally dont think jones wants mcfadden bad enough and i dont think we'd be the trade partner if he wants to do a trade like this. The only chance we have on trading the first pick would be for a player that plays a more valuable position and can be a a player to build a team around that leaves ryan, jake long, and to an extent chris long, however in a trade up imo it will be for ryan or jake long(LT and QB). If jerry jones wants a guy from Arkansas i think the more likely guy he'll go after is felix jones, this way they can work out a deal with barber and have a back that compliments barbers talents better than mcfadden would, and they wouldnt have to waste picks moving up trying to get him. It doesnt make sense to me to pay more $ for mcfadden then you would resigning barber. And dude, how does Atlanta know where not drafting ryan?

Thanks...but I'll walk. You just can't trust them Wagons.:wink:

LOL.. that's a wobbly wagon with a navigation system bogged down by unrealistic expectations...you'll end up on an expensive, perilous journey to nowhere!
097-1.gif

ryannoek3-1.jpg

Again, why would the Falcon move up 2 spots to take Ryan, when they KNOW that Miami and St Louis WON'T TAKE HIM. It makes no sense. Ask your self, who's the competition with Atlanta that needs a QB? KC? Baltimore? Carolina? Do you hear any of the teams talking about trading up to get Matt Ryan. This will all play out in about 4-5 more weeks. Nothing is going to happen as far as trading down in the 1st week of March. Give it time, Parcell/Ireland know what there doing.

They know? Really...Hmmm. What if a team is doing things the right way and keeping their mouths shut...do they still know? Can Atlanta chance that a team won't trade up if they want Ryan? Atlanta has two QB's left on their roster...slim and none are their names. If they don't select Ryan..then who...wait till the second round...and take a chance again? The Falcons owner wants the bad taste of Vick out of his mouth...you can almost bet the farm that it will be Ryan they select...and you can almost bet, they will have to move up to the first pick to ensure that they can get him.

They know? Really...Hmmm. What if a team is doing things the right way and keeping their mouths shut...do they still know? Can Atlanta chance that a team won't trade up if they want Ryan? Atlanta has two QB's left on their roster...slim and none are their names. If they don't select Ryan..then who...wait till the second round...and take a chance again? The Falcons owner wants the bad taste of Vick out of his mouth...you can almost bet the farm that it will be Ryan they select...and you can almost bet, they will have to move up to the first pick to ensure that they can get him.

Much as I hate to , I have to agree with that logic, Pete. lol.

Personally, I don't see how any serious thought could be given to trading below the 5th pick in Rd1 for us, tho. We do need at least one of the top echelon players to help establish a new identity for this young team.

Much as I hate to , I have to agree with that logic, Pete. lol.

Personally, I don't see how any serious thought could be given to trading below the 5th pick in Rd1 for us, tho. We do need at least one of the top echelon players to help establish a new identity for this young team.

I rather have a team made up of no names...than one name and no team...but I'm old fashion...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom