Lawyer Milloy... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lawyer Milloy...

Milloy hasn't even practiced with Buffalo yet.

I don't think anyone said Milloy was washed up.

Bills fans all say Seau is though.

Didn't Seau get a sack in on Bledsoe last year?

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Milloy hasn't even practiced with Buffalo yet.

I don't think anyone said Milloy was washed up.

Bills fans all say Seau is though.

Didn't Seau get a sack in on Bledsoe last year?
who didn't get a sack on Bledsoe last year?
everyone and their mother did:lol:

Originally posted by justafan
Just pointing out that you guys think that a 34 year old has been was simply dropped by his former team without even an attempt to renegotiate his contract, is such a great pick-up but Milloy is washed up. :rolleyes: You guys get it now? :D

Just to clarify, I think this is a good move overall by the Bills. Potentially it has way more upside than the deal the Dolphins made for Seau. But I think it has to be said LB's make a more significant impact on defenses compared to safeties. The Bills are not near an Elite level as far as defense, the Dolphins are and were for a couple years now. In short I don't think Milloy is your missing piece, I do however feel Seau was. Knight was just the cherry on top for us.

I also have to say NO safety IMO is worth what Milloy is getting paid. They do not play that vital of a role in the over scheme of a defense. They are important, but they are not that important IMO. No offense Baz!

I think the most important thing here is like many have said, Milloy like it or not is going to be playing catch up for at least the next 4 weeks to get up to speed with your D's schemes. And as importantly building trust and chemistry with the rest of your defensive players.

IMO this is a good signing for your team for next season, not so much this season.

Oliver...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

who didn't get a sack on Bledsoe last year?
everyone and their mother did:lol:

Very true, so why can't it happen again? ;)

Seau isn't even an every down player. It'll help keep him fresh, and our run D and pass rush on 1st and 2nd down will be at least slightly improved.

Originally posted by Oliver

the Dolphins are and were for a couple years now. In short I don't think Milloy is your missing piece, I do however feel Seau was. Knight was just the cherry on top for us.

Oliver...

Since you have an elite D based on last year, then I will say you have an 'elite D' ONly at home.

What can Seau do playing away games that Zach couldn't do? Leadership? Speed? We know Seau made your D slower. I never said lb's were less important than safeties. We have Spikes and Fletcher.

Next season ,huh? Seau has a few months w/ the fins ahead of Milloy (w/ bills) , then it's safe to say, (by your logic)Seau will be a good signing for the fins not til' mid-season since you think it takes a vet 1 year to get acquainted with a system?.........despite Milloy having more familiarity w/ the AFCE than Seau? I'm not trying to compare both players head on. Same logic applies is what I'm trying to point out.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks though. The players have to prove themselves. It's your opinion, I respect that . Justa, trying to argue w/ your logic. :D

We don't care what the stats say. We beat you with what we had and we just upgraded....again. Knight might have been good in NO but just like Milloy, his performance as a fin remains to be seen. Knight is no longer w/ the Saints, get it?

Your wr's aren't an elite corp in the league. You can't tell me either that Milloy isn't a decent run defender. He's more familiar w/ the AFCE than Knight is. He knows RW or anyone in the AFCE better than any SS we might have gotten outside the division. Besides, were not worried about the fins for now. We have the Pats to face and he can help us w/ their playbook.

Did you guys hear that the vegas odds for the Bills-Pats game have changed? :D

By the time we face the fins, hopefully he'll be ready.
"We don't care what the stats say"? Even when they say that milloy averages about 2 TO's per year compared to Knight who has averaged about 7 per year for the last three??

My point was, that he's not going to create any more TO's than the safeties that you already had and he might make more tackles but, that will only be because Ricky will be blowing through your D-line like it's not there....I mean, like last year.

Seau he may know the fins D by now, but Milloy knows his opponents better (AFCE). We won't have to meet you guys til' the third week. He's a vet, not a rookie. They pick it up faster. Besides, Wire and Proileau are doing fine.

How do you know he's not already in his average form? You got a link?
By average, I meant average form...;)

Originally posted by Dolfan984

Very true, so why can't it happen again? ;)

Seau isn't even an every down player. It'll help keep him fresh, and our run D and pass rush on 1st and 2nd down will be at least slightly improved.
cause we wont be throwing the ball 610 times again:D

Originally posted by inFINSible

My point was, that he's not going to create any more TO's than the safeties that you already had and he might make more tackles but, that will only be because Ricky will be blowing through your D-line like it's not there....I mean, like last year.

By average, I meant average form...;)

Aha! You've been calling Ms. Cleo, haven't you? You're wasting your $$$. She's a fake.

Did she tell you that despite RW r "blowing through our" bills D , we will sweep the fins , "like last year?"

Nope, she said, " Dem bills dem got bad juju, Dem not goin do notin'...Dat Bledsoe, he goin trow lots of dem balls to dem Dolphins",

so I called her back, she said, " Boy, I tole you dem bills is goin t'lose to dem Dolphins twice. What more you want from me?? leave Auntie Cleo alone, you dun called 40 times today, your credit card is over the limit. Don't call back again you little Son of a b**ch, or I'm gonna call the FCC on your little punk a$$! I aint bulls*ttin' this time, I'm tired of it...I swear I'll come through this phone and strangle you with my own two hands if you call one more time asking about the bills and Dolphins.! CLICK!!"

I'm dialing back now....I'll let you know what she says.

Nope, she said, " Dem bills dem got bad juju, Dem not goin do notin'...Dat Bledsoe, he goin trow lots of dem balls to dem Dolphins",

so I called her back, she said, " Boy, I tole you dem bills is goin t'lose to dem Dolphins twice. What more you want from me?? leave Auntie Cleo alone, you dun called 40 times today, your credit card is over the limit. Don't call back again you little Son of a b**ch, or I'm gonna call the FCC on your little punk a$$! I aint bulls*ttin' this time, I'm tired of it...I swear I'll come through this phone and strangle you with my own two hands if you call one more time asking about the bills and Dolphins.! CLICK!!"

I'm dialing back now....I'll let you know what she says.

Uh oh....I didn't know they could trace my home address......anybody got a place I could stay for a couple of weeks??

Her accent is definately fake!

Uh oh....I didn't know they could trace my home address......anybody got a place I could stay for a couple of weeks??

Her accent is definately fake!
I heard she can score some good heroin though:lol:

Justafan, you say "WE" don't care about stats. Who else are you speaking for or do you hear voices? IMO you're a strutz.( see the movie Godfather where the word is used by Santino. You guys are underating our recievers,big mistake

Originally posted by BSQX4
Justafan, you say "WE" don't care about stats. Who else are you speaking for or do you hear voices? IMO you're a strutz.( see the movie Godfather where the word is used by Santino. You guys are underating our recievers,big mistake
why is that a mistake?...none of them even hit the 800 yard plateau(which isn't impressive in itself)....that's what the season's for...you have to prove it

Original take by Oliver

You're telling me a safety has as much impact as a OLB?

Oliver...

A great defense can lose a safety and still be great... how important was the safety position for the 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens or even the 85 Bears... Pats aren't in that class, but Bellichek know what he's doing and he'll be fine without Milloy...

But a lame duck defense needs to spend.. what $4M+ on a safety to get better... That must be one desperate team to pay that kind of money for a safety... and NO, Milloy will not turn the Bills into a great defense. Sorry... no CBs, no pass rush... even I know how to attack that defense...

For what it's worth here is some perspective for the Buffalo homers... The best player and only All Pro on the Raiders defense last year was Rod Woodson... that's right SAFETY Rod Woodson... and the Raiders D blew last year... why??? b/c they were way too depedent on the safety to be the "safety valve" and cover the mistakes everybody else was making in front of him...

Again, what kind of a defense needs to spend $4M+ on a safety...maybe one with major deficiencies... like the 2002 Raiders or 2003 Bills... :lol:

Originally posted by SoCalRaider

A great defense can lose a safety and still be great... how important was the safety position for the 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens or even the 85 Bears... Pats aren't in that class, but Bellichek know what he's doing and he'll be fine without Milloy...

But a lame duck defense needs to spend.. what $4M+ on a safety to get better... That must be one desperate team to pay that kind of money for a safety... and NO, Milloy will not turn the Bills into a great defense. Sorry... no CBs, no pass rush... even I know how to attack that defense...

For what it's worth here is some perspective for the Buffalo homers... The best player and only All Pro on the Raiders defense last year was Rod Woodson... that's right SAFETY Rod Woodson... and the Raiders D blew last year... why??? b/c they were way too depedent on the safety to be the "safety valve" and cover the mistakes everybody else was making in front of him...

Again, what kind of a defense needs to spend $4M+ on a safety...maybe one with major deficiencies... like the 2002 Raiders or 2003 Bills... :lol:
say goodbye to your rushing d...he plays with us now...also, our LB's are great...much better than the **** you have back there...48-21...you pulled a Buffalo(I'm going to hell for that:lol: )

Back
Top Bottom