Lebartard just on the radio in nashville | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lebartard just on the radio in nashville

xiidaen said:
This COULD have benefitial results for the team, in the short term (per the examples given of other teams) or in the long term as it forces changes in philosophy or perhaps tighter screening of potential players.

What really confuses me about this new revelation that he did this for the team's best interest, to force changes in strategy, as well as benefit other players is why did he not have the courage of his convictions to make his case in person? He owes me nothing, and I don't think he owes the fans anything either...but he's written in articles and journals that he has felt at home with the players and befriended by them. If he believes this is the right course of action for the team, or even just the right move for Williams, why could he not have the respect for the people he played with to tell them in person, rather than calling the head coach on a cell phone from Hawaii and letting other players and coaches get the news from the newspapers?
This is a guy who talked sparingly and wore a visor to speak with people........him hiding behind retirement because the game is no longer in him is not that striking to me givien his history, infact it make more sense that he did what he did than not........but it seems to be if your a fin fan........once again.........i think the fins will be A OK without Mr. Williams

enigmatics said:
Please..........Ricky's retirement is not about reshaping the philosophy about the Miami Dolphins.............
It should be

Do you think being a friend with Jim Brown was a factor in Ricky's decision? Was it the O-Line, was it the drugs? We can go on forever. Don't think for a second that I wasn't shocked that Ricky called it quits. The only anger I have is the way he let down his team and the fans that supported him.
If he wanted to walk away from what so many atheletes dream about that is his decision but give the organization some warning before you go so some provisions could be made.

ohall said:
If I told my son to quit a job that would pay him 4 million a year just so he could be happy I'd be one dumb father. No one is ever rich enough that as life goes on they will not regret having that kind of $ even if it is extra millions. Life is not so short that it's not worth being unhappy for 1 or 2-years so you have an extra 10 million in the bank!

Ricky is out of his flipping mind.

Oliver...
agreed...

Back
Top Bottom