Lebartard just on the radio in nashville | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lebartard just on the radio in nashville

funny how none of you want to touch the green injury and kurt warners rise..........because that story has parallels here

RW intention was to retire for himself...........but the actaul effect of him doing it will effect the future of the dolphins...........that destiny will be determined by who is left and the FO and coaches..........just like the rams in 99, or the ravens had to face in 01 without JLewis

bongo59 said:
funny how none of you want to touch the green injury and kurt warners rise..........because that story has parallels here

.........yikes........... for every Green there's scrub that didn't cut it when he got his chance. Give me break. Again, Ricky's not a talent scout.

bongo59 said:
RW intention was to retire for himself...........but the actaul effect of him doing it will effect the future of the dolphins...........that destiny will be determined by who is left and the FO and coaches..........just like the rams in 99, or the ravens had to face in 01 without JLewis

Ok............as if that wasn't the most obvious statement of the year thus far.

bongo59 said:

One was also an injury and the other was a selfish act of betrayal. Whether or not we win the Super Bowl this year, Ricky was not doing us a favor. He did not have the team on his mind. He had himself on his mind. "I feel free," as he eloquently put it.

true..........but expalin to me why you think it is so implausible that the fins actually benefit here given the circumstances..........i really think they have as good of a chance as going 4-12 as they do 12-4...........and really none of it has to to with RW or his timing..........and that is the point RW will make in tomorrows herald..........you guys have to think about it........because i do see the truth in it..........it happens to almost every team at some point...........sometime it works well and others it does not.......by the tone of the board i think iknow how most of you think it is going to go............i have more faith in your team as a titan fan than you do given the same set of circumstances..........we lost our best player in 99 and still went to the SB, in 02 we lost kearse our best defender all yr and went to the AFC championship........we started 1-4 that yr too and still over came implausible odds.........i think the fins easily can get over RW...........cause you certainly did nothing with him..........but no one has even thought that way yet.........we here in TN have lived that scenario twice and overcome it

enigmatics said:
Ok............as if that wasn't the most obvious statement of the year thus far.
..............not to be an arse but you did not get it..........just like you dont see my point on RW..........this black cloud may have a silver lining.........you need to embrace that possibility...........that is the point..........do you get it yet?????

bongo59 said:
true..........but expalin to me why you think it is so implausible that the fins actually benefit here given the circumstances..........i really think they have as good of a chance as going 4-12 as they do 12-4...........and really none of it has to to with RW or his timing..........and that is the point RW will make in tomorrows herald..........you guys have to think about it........because i do see the truth in it..........it happens to almost every team at some point...........sometime it works well and others it does not.......by the tone of the board i think iknow how most of you think it is going to go............i have more faith in your team as a titan fan than you do given the same set of circumstances..........we lost our best player in 99 and still went to the SB, in 02 we lost kearse our best defender all yr and went to the AFC championship........we started 1-4 that yr too and still over came implausible odds.........i think the fins easily can get over RW...........cause you certainly did nothing with him..........but no one has even thought that way yet.........we here in TN have lived that scenario twice and overcome it

I don't think it's implausible........... it's can happen, definately........ but that possibility does not allow for such irresponsibly timed actions. Again more reasons, but none that are rational at this point. The man is running scared.....

bongo59 said:
..............not to be an arse but you did not get it..........just like you dont see my point on RW..........this cloud my have a silver lining.........you need to embrace that possibility...........that is the point..........do you get it yet?????

I'm all about possibilities. That's not what I'm arguing man. I would've given Ricky a pat on the back had he gone thru with his retirement in a more constructive, responsible manner. I would've then gone "Ok so now let's try a new attack." At this point the team is just left to operate in panic mode and you cannot deny that.

so even if they are..........the other teams i mentioned were in the same predictament albeit from a different perspective but that is not the point........they overcame..........so can the fins.........and if they do RW decision is a blip in fin history.............and that my friend is the whole point of this thread........you guys are looking at the glass half empty..........i think you need to look at it half full.............you were not successful with RW and i bet you wont miss him much over 16 games.............you just dont fathom that yet........some of us do.........and i think RW is one of those guys

Ok . . . I'm growing tired of the "we tried it and it didn't work" arguments. So I guess every RB in the league should quit on a team after two years? We were building the team around Ricky, and we made significant improvements in key areas this year. There is no reason to think it would have been the same. Even if you doubt the improvement, give it a try. Clearly guys seem excited and pumped about this season. The draft picks have added some fire and young depth. I don't see any reason to call it quits after all of the work done . . . and when it makes it much more difficult for my teammates to compensate for my loss. That is selfish. End of discussion. I will not argue it anymore because I think 90% of the people reading this agree with me.

I am out of here......if you ever want to talk football come tot he TOMB........Titansonline.com take care and good luck

This COULD have benefitial results for the team, in the short term (per the examples given of other teams) or in the long term as it forces changes in philosophy or perhaps tighter screening of potential players.

What really confuses me about this new revelation that he did this for the team's best interest, to force changes in strategy, as well as benefit other players is why did he not have the courage of his convictions to make his case in person? He owes me nothing, and I don't think he owes the fans anything either...but he's written in articles and journals that he has felt at home with the players and befriended by them. If he believes this is the right course of action for the team, or even just the right move for Williams, why could he not have the respect for the people he played with to tell them in person, rather than calling the head coach on a cell phone from Hawaii and letting other players and coaches get the news from the newspapers?

Thanks for the optimism. I want it too. But I'm not going to make excuses for irresponsible, selfish behavior . . . especially not while RW is probably sitting on some hilltop in Nepal smoking a hooka right now.

Back
Top Bottom