Lebartard just on the radio in nashville | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lebartard just on the radio in nashville

bongo59 said:
why because it suits you the fan or your team????? RW is responsible to him.........so i guess it is totally selfish to you but he left anywhere between 10-14 mil on the table...............that tells me something else bothered him.....and it should to you too...........i just think it is too early for fins fans to digest it all...........youre still hurting and i understand it..........this thread should be cathartic for you.........i dont agree with RW stanc eor decision but i do understand why he did it and i think once you do you'll get past this

Did I say anything about the money????????????????????????? No sir. We're talking about committment here. We're talking about a man who signed his name on a contract that committed him to 53 other guys and visa versa.........a cog in a giant machine. He flatout knew this coming in. I'm all for Ricky bettering himself...........trust me man..........but there are better ways to go about it in life than leaving the people that gave gone to battle with you high and dry. There's not one justification that's reasonable enough to back Ricky's decision. At the core he's bettering himself, but what good does that do when he's possibly ruined everything 53 other guys and a coaching staff have worked to achieve? That's the definition of selfishness.

ohall said:
If I told my son to quit a job that would pay him 4 million a year just so he could be happy I'd be one dumb father. No one is ever rich enough that as life goes on they will not regret having that kind of $ even if it is extra millions. Life is not so short that it's not worth being unhappy for 1 or 2-years so you have an extra 10 million in the bank!

Ricky is out of his flipping mind.

Oliver...
.....well i have been fortunate to make that decision.........and it was the right one in the long run..........money is not the be all end all for us all............and it was not for RW apparently.........i think you guys are feeling this way because your fans.........it is OK.......but it is over and the onus is on DW..........and the FO.........i think what they do now will determine the success or the failure of your team more than if RW stayed and got 1500 yds

bongo59 said:
.....well i have been fortunate to make that decision.........and it was the right one in the long run..........money is not the be all end all for us all............and it was not for RW apparently.........i think you guys are feeling this way because your fans.........it is OK.......but it is over and the onus is on DW..........and the FO.........i think what they do now will determine the success or the failure of your team more than if RW stayed and got 1500 yds

clear.gif

last time i checked those 52 others cant make RW happy...........or successful........only RW can and he is doing it his way.........you the fan need to worry about the other 52 now.........that should be the focus.....not RW the one that went away...................

bongo59 said:
last time i checked those 52 others cant make RW happy...........or successful........only RW can and he is doing it his way.........you the fan need to worry about the other 52 now.........that should be the focus.....not RW the one that went away...................

Talking to you is like talking to a wall. We're all saying Ricky should do what's best for Ricky............that's not the argument pinhead. But if everyone in life went around making self-serving decisions at such similar times, the 11th hour, the last minute - the world would be total anarchy.

bongo59 said:
why because it suits you the fan or your team????? RW is responsible to him.........so i guess it is totally selfish to you but he left anywhere between 10-14 mil on the table...............that tells me something else bothered him.....and it should to you too...........i just think it is too early for fins fans to digest it all...........youre still hurting and i understand it..........this thread should be cathartic for you.........i dont agree with RW stanc eor decision but i do understand why he did it and i think once you do you'll get past this

A lil perspective goes a long way. Ricky made the millions he has now by hitting the middle of the LOS his entire 5-year NFL career. What took place last year was nothing new. He rushed 10 more times last year than he did in 2002. Sorry Ricky is doing what apparently he does best, he is trying to blame others for his decisions in life.

I'm not hurt, I'm glad he is gone. Now that I know he lost all the heart for the game I'm all for him quiting. I wouldn't want a quiter like that on the team I love. But he owed the franchise, the fans a goodbye at the very minimum. Granted I do expect a 27-year old man to act like an adult, not the child who called his boss from Hawaii to quit on the phone rather than in person. Nevermind he has a press guy as his mouth peice. What kind of crap is that?

Suger coat what he did, and defend him all you want, that's your right. But don't expect everyone to buy into his immature garbage. Some of us know better than the crap he's trying to sell.

look you can talk about how Ricky controlling his own destiny or how nobody knows wether we go 4-12 or 12-4 this season but the bottom line is our chances of winning a super bowl just dropped a lot. For some dolphin players like Thomas and Seau this may be their last season with a realistic shot at a superbowl.

bongo59 said:
again i am not a RW sympathetic poster...........but i do think RW has a point in saying hey guys we run me left right and middle and we aint winning......how bout we change it up............i really think if DW was gone RW might not have did this.........but that is speculative on my part
This post is full of so much Sh** its unbelievable. Wouldnt it make more sense for him just to go discuss this with Wanny, and if Wanny doesnt promise to run him less then he can take more drastic measures? Its nmot fair to quit cuz u dont agree with ur boss. Talk it over, be a man, dont run away from a challenge, face up!

enigmatics said:
Seriously though, I can't believe the guy couldn't give up smoking weed for just one more season. That's pathetic.......... potheads and stoners are pathetic.

Hey! :cry:

I am not defending the man...........i just think his perspective on things is intersting........especially to discuss........the really interesting thing is to see how the FO and coaches respond to the loss............we know how the fans feel

bongo59 said:
I am not defending the man...........i just think his perspective on things is intersting........especially to discuss........the really interesting thing is to see how the FO and coaches respond to the loss............we know how the fans feel

That's what I hate about all this...........Ricky is turning retiring from the game of football into some new-age, "finding the truth" spectacle. It's a joke.

VJ1252 said:
look you can talk about how Ricky controlling his own destiny or how nobody knows wether we go 4-12 or 12-4 this season but the bottom line is our chances of winning a super bowl just dropped a lot. For some dolphin players like Thomas and Seau this may be their last season with a realistic shot at a superbowl.
how do you know this????????? allow me to indulge.........the QB is the most important position on every team..........so in 99 when trent green went down at the ned of preseason..........their odds of winning dropped by everyone estimation except the remaining 53 guys..........and what happened?????? Why is it so implausible to you all that this may not help in some way..............given that this has happened time and time again in this sport?????????

football is all about creative destruction..........just when one given dies another comes to light.........it then becomes the coaches issue of molding and utilizing that talent...........and that is where i think the fins are lacking..........at HC.......not at RB.................

bongo59 said:
football is all about creative destruction..........just when one given dies another comes to light.........it then becomes the coaches issue of molding and utilizing that talent...........and that is where i think the fins are lacking..........at HC.......not at RB.................

Please..........Ricky's retirement is not about reshaping the philosophy about the Miami Dolphins.............

intention wise no............but realistically it clearly is now issue one in Miami

Back
Top Bottom