Lebartard just on the radio in nashville | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lebartard just on the radio in nashville

enigmatics said:
Give me a break man................. seriously.........you talking like the Fins have cut people the night before Week 1 leaving players to scramble to try and find another team to catch on with. The essence of what we're talking about is owning up to respsonsibility and committment when a completely self-serving decision threatens to undercut the ambitions and futures of 53 other guys on the team.............. Ricky was flatout selfish. He led this team to believe that he was in it to win it by participating in every offseason activity, showing up in immaculate shape and by giving a "Let's come back committed to winning this speech" to the team after their last QB school. Furthermore, he let his thoughts about retiring carry on for the longest time without professionally addressing it with the team, letting them know that they might be better off looking elsewhere. All they got was a stupid chicksh*t phone call from Ricky while he was in Hawaii. That's not a real man.............

Don't give me that sh*t about players could get cut at any time. They definately could be, but it's done in a more responsible fashion, except if you're Lawyer Milloy.

We're all entitled to making choices in life.........it's called free will.........but that right is governed by the laws of decency and responsibility. Ricky Williams doesn't believe in any of those because he leads an unstructured life.......one which he only exists in and he's in no way shape or form connected to anyone or anything else so he blindly sees the aftermath of his decisions.
funny post..........it was quite easy to remember the last guy dumped by his team.......milloy and george.........and RW just turned the tables on the team...........maybe it will give everyone something to think about when the new CBA is negiotitated..........i understand completely why you guys are pissed but i really think RW did the fins a favor.........and one think RW is quite right about.........if you think he is being selfish youre right but rickey is saying before you crucify him for it wait to see the result because you maybe surprised at what the result is............we already know what the results of two yrs of running into the DL and getting 3100 yds was.........nothing tangible for RW the fand or the team.......infact one could say it hurt the team .......by him getting his 1500 yds it cost you your first rounder........and for what????? i think RW arguement is interesting .........not that i buy it but it does make one ponder the situation and think abit about it in an outside the box fashion.............i know it must be hard to be a fin fan and try to think like this but as a titan fan i think your now more dangerous because you are no longer a known quantity...........and your cornered........that make you very dangerous. We played you last yr with RW and to be quite frank we would kill you again if you played it the same way.......we stopped every great back we played last yr including JLewis.........with RW we knew we were getting a big dose of him.........now we dont have a clue what we are getting............that is honest response

I would also just like to point out that there are some people out there who would find happiness in fulfilling obligations and showing appreciation to people who have put time, money, energy, and in some cases jobs on the line to give you a second chance . . . or simply another one.

Case in point . . . Shaq. Miami has welcomed him (as they did RW), and you can tell he appreciates it. He guaranteed that city a championship. Do you think that was all just ego? I don't. Obviously, I think he wants to show up L.A. But when a city welcomes you the way Miami did (and gives up a lot of young talent to bring you there), I think a person like Shaq probably takes great satisfaction in going out and giving it his all. If the Heat win the championship, I'm sure Shaq will be grinning ear to ear . . . not just because he showed up Kobe and the Lakers . . . but because of how happy he will have made the city that decided he was worth the risk . . . the city that embraced him and rallied around him. I sure as hell would take satisfaction in that. Call me sentimental . . .

shaq also has guarranntee money and does not get hit by guys bigger than him for 60 minutes.........RW does........and shaq won his way.......RW has not won a thing doing what everyone else wants.......him making the change has to be looked at from his shoes too.............3100 yds and no playoffs should make a FO reevaluate what they are doing........and maybe RW is making the fins evolve faster

again i am not a RW sympathetic poster...........but i do think RW has a point in saying hey guys we run me left right and middle and we aint winning......how bout we change it up............i really think if DW was gone RW might not have did this.........but that is speculative on my part

bongo59 said:
just leaked tomorrows column and he says that he talked to RW 2 hrs ago and it cause him to write a new article about it..........basically he asked RW about the timing of his retirement and his response was quite interesting.......he said how does anyone know it is not the best decision for him and the fins???? he said that running him into the line did not get them anywhere in two yrs and he did not think it would have worked again. He said minor is faster and younger than him and it will force the coaching staff to do different things that may work. The running of RW did not get the dolphins anywhere close to what either party wanted. He was going to retire next yr but he decide to do it now because he was fed up with the football life. He went on to say that if the fins go 4-12 than you can crucify him THEN, but not before, because no one knows exactly what will happen in the end, but if the fins win maybe everyone will say that is was the best move for both him and the fins and the fans.

I thought his perspective was quite interesting. Dan said it would be in the herald tomorrow because what RW said was profound. He also said that DW emotions when he got the phone call from RW went from shock first to concern to down right anger at the end when it became clear to DW that RW was not coming back at all. RW reportedly was told at the end of the conversation that DW said, "IF you were my son I would advise you to play football." RW said he thought immediately, that his response made it clear to him that he had made the correct decision. RW response, was clever, "If you were my dad you would tell me to do what made me happy, not what would make you and everyone else happy."

I've thought about this before with the chaos theory in mind.

Okay Ricky......
You are also responsible for every injury that occurs this season. :D

Two years is not enough time for you to be making the arguments that you are. Are you serious? Two years? Plus, it's not like we were going to be putting the same team out on the field. Like I said earlier, we brought in David Boston. Boston and Chambers are going to keep teams spread . . . and keep them honest. We also have added some young, talented offensive linemen with the sole purpose of busting Williams through those linemen he has complained about. Maybe it would have worked . . . maybe it wouldn't have . . . but it's irrational to think that two years is enough time to determine something doesn't work . . . especially when you are constantly upgrading every offseason.

i am not making it RW will in your paper tomorrow......we are just talking about it here now

two yrs is enough........we just lived through 3 yrs too long of 3.1 yds a pop......and it cost us hardware......ask any pats fan who has given them more fits since 2001..........it is us..........but eg was not part of our solution

Granted, but you have tried to defend the idea. I think it is flat out wrong. Either way . . . if RW was not happy with the offseason and felt it was going to be more of the same, he should have said something. You don't wait until the last minute, fly to Hawaii, call and tell your coach you're retiring, and then book it to an undisclosed location in Asia.

EG and RW stories are similar........running into DL's got neither a ring

Two years is not enough . . . plain and simple. In fact, two years was just enough time to MISS all the 1st round picks we gave up to bring him here. We had a good offseason this year. We have a good team. I'm not buying the "it was going to be the same" arguments. It's an excuse . . . and a horrible one at that.

Frayser said:
Granted, but you have tried to defend the idea. I think it is flat out wrong. Either way . . . if RW was not happy with the offseason and felt it was going to be more of the same, he should have said something. You don't wait until the last minute, fly to Hawaii, call and tell your coach you're retiring, and then book it to an undisclosed location in Asia.

you do if you know that it is not for you any longer..........and that is precisely what none of you are hearing..........he is done doing what others asked him to do when it did not work anyhow........now he is going to try it on his own..........it sucks in a sense but i think RW did the right thing.......i know i would not want a guy who did not want to play on my team one minute

George was not in his prime. He was clearly fading. You're comparing apples and oranges. Also, the Titans clearly decided to build around McNair some time ago. The Dolphins chose to build around Williams. Clear difference in philosophies.

this was a real good thread.......i cant wait to come down to miami for the opener.....should be a good game

You're talking in circles now. Is he doing it because he didn't think anything had changed with the team . . . and that he would not be effective running into DLs again all season long? Or is he doing it because it was a personal decision because he decided football was just not for him? Those aren't exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom