Lebartard just on the radio in nashville | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lebartard just on the radio in nashville

Please don't be offended by anything I say. My heart was literally broken when I woke up on Sunday and saw the news, and I'm not about to say "I guess that's ok" in response to any excuse I feel is complete BS.

how can some of you call ricky selfish when he is basically turning down millions of dollars to pursue a happy life. i kno his timing was off but he obviously did it so travis minor could get the starting job because he is his best friend and believes he has unfound talent and abilities... give the guy a break, its his life.

bongo59 said:
again i am not a RW sympathetic poster...........but i do think RW has a point in saying hey guys we run me left right and middle and we aint winning......how bout we change it up............i really think if DW was gone RW might not have did this.........but that is speculative on my part
Thats not his call to make. Wanny certainly isnt the sharpest tool in the shed but the fact is that if Ricky just couldnt stand DW anymore then he should have asked for a trade or retired at the end of last season. You dont let your teammates prepare for the upcoming season in an offense designed around you and then at the last second bail. That was a punk move and if Ricky doesnt see it that way then not only is he selfish, he's stupid too.

jessejames123 said:
how can some of you call ricky selfish when he is basically turning down millions of dollars to pursue a happy life. i kno his timing was off but he obviously did it so travis minor could get the starting job because he is his best friend and believes he has unfound talent and abilities... give the guy a break, its his life.
..this si the pont i think that everyone is missing..........and i know why cause your fin fans and i understand that but RW did the right thing........will the fins do the same now?????

Frayser said:
You're right about that first comment . . . which is EXACTLY WHY WE BROUGHT IN DAVID BOSTON, AN IMPROVED OFFENSIVE LINE, AND COMPETITION AT QUARTERBACK. We had made the necessary moves to keep teams from stacking the box against RW. That was the entire purpose of our offseason. Say what you want about his happiness, the guy chose to not be hassled by the NFL for his pot smoking over the "unwritten" commitment he made to his teammates, his coaches, and his fans. He's perfectly free to do whatever he wants, but we are perfectly free to resent him for it. I could have maybe dealt with this had it been done in a timely fashion, but it is inexcusable to leave the team (and us) high and dry a week before camp. Even 48 hours earlier and we would probably have Eddie George or Antowain Smith as our starter and be in MUCH better shape. He can justify it however he wants with talk of the Dolphins needing to change, but the fact is he quit on this team . . . and on us. The coaches, players, and fans of the Miami Dolphins welcomed him with open arms. We immediately gave him the benefit of the doubt over his problems in New Orleans. We gave him the opportunity to be the league's leading rusher in 2002. We also invested time, draft picks, and money in not only bringing him here but building our team around him. I've got one word for Mr. Williams . . . INTEGRITY.

Dead on ! OK, so you don't want to take the beating and your hearts not in the game anymore. Why #%$U^I*(*) your team mates? He didn't just wake up and decide to quit on Friday. By his own admission, he'd been thinking about this for some time. Why lead the team on through OTA's and QB camps? Aparently, because he could.

jessejames123 said:

You have no reason to assume he did this for Travis. That is ludicrous. How is he helping Travis when the Dolphins trade for a guy like Onterrio Smith?

I call him selfish because I can imagine the looks on his teammates faces when they were told the news. Zach probably broke something. These guys have put in a lot of time and effort. They were a team, and they were dedicated to going out this year and giving it their best to bring home a Super Bowl to a city that has been wishing for one for a long time now. Everyone is free to do what they feel is right for themselves, but stand up guys are those that do what is right for their family and friends as well.

To say the timing was "off" is probably the understatement of the century.

yankeehillbilly said:
Thats not his call to make. Wanny certainly isnt the sharpest tool in the shed but the fact is that if Ricky just couldnt stand DW anymore then he should have asked for a trade or retired at the end of last season. You dont let your teammates prepare for the upcoming season in an offense designed around you and then at the last second bail. That was a punk move and if Ricky doesnt see it that way then not only is he selfish, he's stupid too.
again you are missing the point.........it is precisely why i think RW maybe right.........he controls his own destiny.........and he also likely controlled DW destiny.........now DW has to creat his own........and that is what really should have the FO and fans nervous..........not RW..........rickey gave you it all the last two yrs and he got beat up bad.........to deny that is just piss poor...........in our game last yr we beat the hell out of him..........it was sad to watch.............the guy is a stud..........but miami has a D and nothing else..........they have to evolve on O...........it is like the arguement of marino in 84.........he had no RB and that is why the fins did not win..........they have not been a team in a long time.........look at the pats........they have no bigtime studs like RW.........but they win because they all play together..........that is what we all strive for ........i think the fins will thank RW some day for knocking them for a loop

the fins trouble is not the players it is the philosophy.............i really think they have overspent greatly on D and have relied on big D stars way too long.........we just got rid of kearse for the sake of keeping the team together instead of keeping a great freaking DE..........and we will be fine........we went to the AFC championship in 02 without him at all............and i bet the fins wont miss RW as much as you all think

And you are missing my point . . . that our O has been evolving. There is no doubt in my mind that Williams was going to be rushing behind a better offensive line this year. He was also going to have a much improved passing game to keep defenses honest. I get your point, and I think it's wrong for the very reasons I keep repeating.

Funny you bring up the Pats . . . and how they "play together." Perhaps that's because they are committed to each other . . . and not just to themselves. Just something to ponder . . .

much like the pats did to milloy............no one player is above the team

Frayser..........your OL might be better in NOV or DEC but it aint gelling in the first two months...........your going to have a real green unit and that unit blew in 03 too.........not to admit to it is a joke...........carey is a rookie......and the other two are projects..........i think they are going to get shellacked in week one.......but i think miami will get alot better as they all come together with time.......much like our OL did as the season grew..........in 03............we had a rook start at center last yr and it killed us........for a time...........but he palyed lights out int he last 6 weeks.........look at what Chris brown did to the pats and ravens in the playoffs.....close to 6 yds a pop.........and you wonder why EG is a cowboy????? problem is everyone remeber EG stiffing ray ray.......and getin 88 yds..........but it took him 26 carries to do it...........CB had 11 carries for 61 yds and a TD and ran over ray ray twice...........that is why EG was shown the door

Wait . . . what is much like what the Pats did to Milloy? Completely different circumstances again.

Bottom line is the timing was WAY OFF. We have to deal with it now in other ways. I agree with many of you on your points and theories, however the present has to be dealt with and not the future. Yes we brought in new Offensive weapons to help out RW, and Dbo, and AJ would have helped him out a ton. Add CC and McMike with a youthfull Oline who will do just as good as the Oldmen that were in there last year with the exception of Jeno cause he's a monster and makes our Oline so much better on that left side and you have RW's life half way easier. Yes He dicked us over with the timing of his departure, but thats his perogotive. Its over and there ain't ish we can do about it now but build around what we have now with a faster, bigger T. Minor.

and sometimes stars have to blow up and go away befor e a new star is aloud to shine...............minor may not be the answer but let me ask all of you this..........what if he is????? dont you think baltimore wishes it did not give up on holmes so fast considering what he has done when given a chance???? 'JLewis arrival ended his chance but KC gave him the opp to play............maybe the same happens in miami..........you just dont know.................

Back
Top Bottom